Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• oz_monsteroz_monster Melbourne

@Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

Saan po papasok ang teachers registration?
    And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Hi there,

AITSL is used for skills assessment for Teacher occupations including Early Childhood Teacher (preschool)
    ACECQA - you don't need acecqa unless your nominated occupation is child care centre manager
    Teachers registration - if you want to be a teacher in Australia, you need to register as a Teacher. Each state has their own teacher registration process, requirements and governing body. If you do NOT want to work as a teacher in Australia you do NOT need to register as a teacher.

Some people only uses the teaching occupation for visa purposes. Once your visa is granted, its up to you whether you want to work as a teacher or do something else. You do not need to work in the same occupation you nominated for visa application.

High level process:

IELTS - AITSL - EOI - Invitation - Visa application - Visa grant

Do your IELTS first and if you pass, then proceed with AITSL

s3g3n
  • oz_monsteroz_monster Melbourne

@icomanman said:
    Hi po @rellim115,

I'm actually amazed sa score nyo po ng IELTS. Pwede po ba maka hingi ng tips or other resources? My wife is also a secondary teacher and we're looking to have her qualifications assessed by AITSL; nakakatakot yung IELTS kasi mataas yung kailangan na score.

Thank you

Yes, AITSL requires high IELTS scores for assessment. There are online IELTS review classes.

• Titania_dyTitania_dy Posts: 6Member

@oz_monster said:

@Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Hi there,

AITSL is used for skills assessment for Teacher occupations including Early Childhood Teacher (preschool)
    ACECQA - you don't need acecqa unless your nominated occupation is child care centre manager
    Teachers registration - if you want to be a teacher in Australia, you need to register as a Teacher. Each state has their own teacher registration process, requirements and governing body. If you do NOT want to work as a teacher in Australia you do NOT need to register as a teacher.

Some people only uses the teaching occupation for visa purposes. Once your visa is granted, its up to you whether you want to work as a teacher or do something else. You do not need to work in the same occupation you nominated for visa application.

High level process:

Wow that was very informative @oz_monster Thank you very much for the information. Now it’s much clearer to me about the differences between ACECQA, AITSL and Teacher Registration. Thank you for the tips too! Yes I’m reviewing IELTS po at the moment.

s3g3n
  • Alab_ng_PusoAlab_ng_Puso Posts: 3Member

Hello po fellow teachers!

I am currently collating my docs for assessment in AITSL and I need help po.

For those teachers who graduated here in the Philippines, our practice teaching is only 350 hours. May I know how did your assessment go when you submitted your 45 days supervised practice teaching certificate?

How will they compute the 350hrs? 45 days is equivalent to 1080hrs.

Please enlighten me here po.
    Thank you in advance!

• crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 197Member

Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

• msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member

@crankygrinch said:
    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    2. File for Skills Assessment from AITSL.
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.
    4. Lodge EOI on skill select.
    crankygrinchs3g3n

@msasoler said:

@crankygrinch said:

1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.

Thanks so much 😁

@msasoler said:

@crankygrinch said:

Accepted din ba ang PTE for teachers? Hehe

@crankygrinch said:

@msasoler said:

@crankygrinch said:

Accepted din ba ang PTE for teachers? Hehe

Nope, they only accept IELTS Academic with scores:

• Minimum of 7.0 for reading
    • Minimum of 7.0 for writing
    • Minimum of 8.0 for speaking
    • Minimum of 8.0 for listening
    crankygrinch

Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

• JMLJML Posts: 11Member

Hello po. Post ko lang po tanong ko. Bak sakali may sumagot. Ako po ay BSED sa Pinas, pero ang practice ko po ay mag-manage ng preschool. Kumukuha na po ako ng Master of Educational Management. May chance po ba ako magpa-assess (as a spouse)? For additional points lang po sana. Yong husband ko po talaga ang main applicant.

• JMLJML Posts: 11Member

@JML said:
    Hello po. Post ko lang po tanong ko. Baka sakali may sumagot. Ako po ay graduate ng Bachelor of Secondary Education sa Pinas, pero ang practice ko po ay mag-manage ng preschool. Kumukuha na po ako ng Master of Educational Management. May chance po ba ako magpa-assess (as a spouse)? For additional points lang po sana. Yong husband ko po talaga ang main applicant.

Hi! For ACECQA, did you have ALL of your documents certified? Thanks! :)

• Cambridge2020Cambridge2020 Posts: 13Member

@Alab_ng_Puso said:

For those teachers who graduated here in the Philippines, our practice teaching is only 350 hours. May I know how did your assessment go when you submitted your 45 days supervised practice teaching certificate?

Thank you in advance!

Im not sure about AITSL, however with ACECQA my 440hrs was considered 89 days.

@Cambridge2020 said:

@Alab_ng_Puso said:

Thank you in advance!

Im not sure about AITSL, however with ACECQA my 440hrs was considered 89 days.

Hi! How did you put 440 hours for ACECQA? I'm trying to do that now but it asked for the total days. Thanks!

• Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

HELLO TEACHER. I got SUITABLE assessment na sa AITSL.

Question: what are the possibilities of me getting the 189 visa with 75 points?

@caienri said:

@msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

@caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

@caienri said:

@msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

@caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

Hello again. @caienri, I got suitable assessment na in AITSL. Will it be safe to submit an EOI during pandemic? when is the best time to submit kaya?

HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

@msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

• rellim115rellim115 Posts: 190Member

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

@msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

Lou27msasoler

04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

@msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

Thanks! yes planning to take the IELTS General just for EOI extra points, I missed the superior IELTS Academic by 0.5. I'm already done with AITSL @msssevelyn :)

congratulations! have you submitted your EOI?

@msasoler said:

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Thanks! yes planning to take the IELTS General just for EOI extra points, I missed the superior IELTS Academic by 0.5. I'm already done with AITSL @msssevelyn :)

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

@msssevelyn said:

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

Yes, that's right.

04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.

1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

Thank you so much!

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Yes, that's right.

@msssevelyn said:
    Thank you so much!

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Yes, that's right.

All the best to you:-)

@msssevelyn said:
    congratulations! have you submitted your EOI?

@msasoler said:

@rellim115 said:

@msssevelyn said:

@msasoler said:

Yes, submitted last June :) But because of the pandemic, it doesnt hurt to invest and get an extra 10 points by adding another IELTS General score for superior english.

• NicolilalaNicolilala Posts: 2Member

Hi!

Just wanted to ask if anyone who applied with AISTL as a Special Needs Teacher was successful, despite having a non-educ undergrad?
    My undergrad was in Psychology but I'm taking a Masters in Special Needs at MC (which has the right amount of practicum hours naman).

Anyone with a similar experience in applying with AISTL?
    Would those be enough to be granted an AITSL Special Needs Teacher qualification?

• atonibayatonibay Singapore

Meron po ba dito nag aral sa Australia ng Masters in Teaching Early Childhood? Ano po ba journey towards PR? Lets say nka pag PR na at gustong magturo bilang teacher. Register sa state for teachers. Ano po ang requirements? Do they check their educational degree galing pinas? Worth it po ba kumuha ng Masters in Teaching Early Childhood sa AU? Ang goal kasi mkapag PR at the same time work as a teacher.

• RS2020RS2020 Posts: 9Member

@oz_monster said:

@Titania_dy said:

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Hi there,

High level process:

Thank you @oz_monster - this is the first time I have heard someone speak of the teacher registration not being a requirement for the 189/190/491. I have been scouting all the state websites and the process is quite tedious with some requirements of documents to be handed in-person.

I have three questions for you:

1. So, just to confirm, teacher registration can take place when we arrive in Australia and is not required for Skillselect, state nomination or visa application. Is there a website / resource that I can refer to confirm this?

2. Do you have any information on some states with special requirements such as Victoria, for example, which suggests that primary teachers must have experience in teaching one of 6/7 languages to apply, or secondary teachers must be experienced in certain subjects. Are these requirements upheld for offshore candidates, and if yes, how and when do we prove it to them?

3. In your experience, which states are usually more 'offshore friendly' to teachers on the short-term list esp Primary School Teachers.

Thank you.

• Cambridge2020Cambridge2020 Posts: 13Member

@atonibay said:
    Meron po ba dito nag aral sa Australia ng Masters in Teaching Early Childhood? Ano po ba journey towards PR? Lets say nka pag PR na at gustong magturo bilang teacher. Register sa state for teachers. Ano po ang requirements? Do they check their educational degree galing pinas? Worth it po ba kumuha ng Masters in Teaching Early Childhood sa AU? Ang goal kasi mkapag PR at the same time work as a teacher.

I suggest you speak to your education provider/ university for pathways to PR after finishing your MA in ECE. What I know though is that, if you are already in AU, let's say on Student Visa, and you're doing practicum teaching in a preschool, you can seek your employer's assistance if they are willing to sponsor your PR application.

If you already are a PR, you can just apply for Teacher Registration in that state you are in.