Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visa 494 or 491??? Which is a better choice?

tchatcha AdelaidePosts: 23Member

Hello po. Anyone po with input regarding these 2 visas(494 employer sponsored,491 state/territory nominated) are welcome. I would like to weigh the pros and cons of these 2 visas po sana before mag apply. Advantages and Disadvantages? If you’re given these 2 options, which visa will you likely take?
Salamat po sa mga sasagot.

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:
    Hello po. Anyone po with input regarding these 2 visas(494 employer sponsored,491 state/territory nominated) are welcome. I would like to weigh the pros and cons of these 2 visas po sana before mag apply. Advantages and Disadvantages? If you’re given these 2 options, which visa will you likely take?

494 visa is an employer sponsored visa, meaning you need to find an employer to sponsor you for the visa. The employer can nominate you for a PR visa later once you complied with the min requirements..but they are not obliged to...for 491, you need to apply for sponsorship from a state and some states requires you to have a job offer as a requirement. After 3 years, you can apply for your PR visa once you complied with the 3 years min residency req and the income threshold. 491 has a pathway to PR while 494 depends on your employer whether they sponsor you for the PR visa or not. Adavantage ng 494, may trabaho ka na agad pagdating but in terms of prospect for PR, mas malinaw ang 491 kasi nga may pathway to PR linked to the visa. I came here in Au on 489 visa( old equiv of 491) able to apply for my PR visa immediately after i complied with the reqs. I know a lot of people on working visa like 494 that were here ahead of me and till now di pa din nakakuha ng PR visa. You need to remain with the same employer for a certain period of time for them to sponsor you.

• tchatcha Adelaide

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

494 visa is an employer sponsored visa, meaning you need to find an employer to sponsor you for the visa. The employer can nominate you for a PR visa later once you complied with the min requirements..but they are not obliged to...for 491, you need to apply for sponsorship from a state and some states requires you to have a job offer as a requirement. After 3 years, you can apply for your PR visa once you complied with the 3 years min residency req and the income threshold. 491 has a pathway to PR while 494 depends on your employer whether they sponsor you for the PR visa or not. Adavantage ng 494, may trabaho ka na agad pagdating but in terms of prospect for PR, mas malinaw ang 491 kasi nga may pathway to PR linked to the visa. I came here in Au on 489 visa( old equiv of 491) able to apply for my PR visa immediately after i complied with the reqs. I know a lot of people on working visa like 494 that were here ahead of me and till now di pa din nakakuha ng PR visa. You need to remain with the same employer for a certain period of time for them to sponsor you.

@fgs 494 and 491 were only launched last Nov 2019 and from what I know 3yrs na ang isa sa requirements nila among others pa. So technically, if I’m not mistaken, lahat ng naka 494 and 491, will only get their chance to apply for PR starting Nov 2022.
    The reason I asked about these 2 visas is bec I am currently in the regional area working for a company who is willing to sponsor. Now, I am not sure if I should take it or should I try to apply for 491(which is point tested).
    Not sure if 494 requires you to stay with the same company, as long as regional ka magwork I think it is counted for the requirements. And from what I know too(not 100% sure), once 494 holder meet the requirements, employer sponsorship is not required anymore. Employer sponsorship is only needed for the initial application ng 494.
    Please correct me if I am wrong sa mga info na nabanggit ko. Thank you so much sa input. I’m looking forward to more interactions sana for this post to help me be enlightened on the topic. 😊

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs 494 and 491 were only launched last Nov 2019 and from what I know 3yrs na ang isa sa requirements nila among others pa. So technically, if I’m not mistaken, lahat ng naka 494 and 491, will only get their chance to apply for PR starting Nov 2022.
    The reason I asked about these 2 visas is bec I am currently in the regional area working for a company who is willing to sponsor. Now, I am not sure if I should take it or should I try to apply for 491(which is point tested).
    Not sure if 494 requires you to stay with the same company, as long as regional ka magwork I think it is counted for the requirements. And from what I know too(not 100% sure), once 494 holder meet the requirements, employer sponsorship is not required anymore. Employer sponsorship is only needed for the initial application ng 494.
    Please correct me if I am wrong sa mga info na nabanggit ko. Thank you so much sa input. I’m looking forward to more interactions sana for this post to help me be enlightened on the topic. 😊

What visa you hold now?

• tchatcha Adelaide

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

@fgs TSS 482. Work Visa po sya.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

Your existing employer will nominate you for a PR visa through visa 186. Why would you considering 494 and 491 visas na provisional lang and you will start from scratch(another 3 years) before you can apply for PR visa.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

Have you work with the same employer for 3 years and your occupation is in MLTSSL?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

494 is the old 187 visa..491 is a state sponsored visa so you need to apply for one.
    Certain states have issues with nominating 457 visa or TSS 482 visa holders for the 491 visa.
    For example, in South Australia, you need express written permission from your sponsor, unless you are in the last year of your visa.

• tchatcha Adelaide

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

494 is the old 187 visa..491 is a state sponsored visa so you need to apply for one.
    Certain states have issues with nominating 457 visa or TSS 482 visa holders for the 491 visa.
    For example, in South Australia, you need express written permission from your sponsor, unless you are in the last year of your visa.

@fgs TSS 482 Short Stream po. Not in MLTSSL ung occupation ko. So TRT may not be applicable for me? Worked for a year and I’m on my last year (same employer) before maexpire ung visa ko ngaun. That is why I’m looking at 494 and 491 po. I was thinking instead of renewing my 482 for another 2 years, might as well switch into a long term visa with PR pathway later on.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

494 visa is the old 187 RSMS visa...for 491, there is a bit of technically. Since this is a state sponsored visa, > @tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

@fgs TSS 482 Short Stream po. Not in MLTSSL ung occupation ko. So TRT may not be applicable for me? Worked for a year and I’m on my last year (same employer) before maexpire ung visa ko ngaun. That is why I’m looking at 494 and 491 po. I was thinking instead of renewing my 482 for another 2 years, might as well switch into a long term visa with PR pathway later on.

Ganon ba...di ka pwedeng sponsor ng employer mo for a PR visa kung nasa short term stream ka yata. If you dont qualify for 190 or 189..491 would be a better choice. Goodluck

baiken
  • baikenbaiken QLD

yup, 491 visa para makapag-stay longer sa AU, go go go po!

push na hehehe!

all the best po!

tcha

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age: 25 | Education: 15 | English: 20 | Experience: 10 | PY: 5 | CCL: 5
    Total: 80/85 on Visa 189/190 Respectively

23.02.2018 | Signed up for the forum. Started gathering Documents and Reviewing for IELTS.
    01.06.2018 | Company offered to provide 482 Visa, GRABBED IT!!!
    15.10.2018 | 482 Visa Lodged
    13.11.2018 | 482 Visa Granted
    POEA Processing = took me almost a year to get all documents in place.

07.06.2019 | Finally the BM!!!
    01.10.2019 | Started to review for PTE, aiming for Superior scores!
    23.02.2020 | PTE Mock Test = L=68/R=64/S=90/W=77
    29.02.2020 | PTE Test = L=90/R=85/S=90/W=85 - Got SUPERIOR on the 1st try! Thank You Lord!!!
    01.03.2020 | EOI Lodged for Visa 189/190 NSW (80/85)
    10.06.2020 | EOI Updated due to PY point addition (80/85)
    24.09.2020 | EOI Updated due to Passing NAATI CCL (85/90)
    10.05.2021 | Pursuing 186 (DE) - Thank God for His Favour!!!
    11.03.2022 | Visa 186 (DE) - Nomination and Visa Application Lodged... Now the waiting begins...
    14.01.2023 | Visa 186 (DE) - GRANTED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Citizenship Timeline:
    22.01.2024 | Citizenship Application made online. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

• tchatcha Adelaide

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

494 visa is the old 187 RSMS visa...for 491, there is a bit of technically. Since this is a state sponsored visa, > @tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

@fgs said:

@tcha said:

What visa you hold now?

Ganon ba...di ka pwedeng sponsor ng employer mo for a PR visa kung nasa short term stream ka yata. If you dont qualify for 190 or 189..491 would be a better choice. Goodluck

Pwede nman po ako sponsoran ng employer sa 494. Willing din naman sila. Just wanted to know if alin ang mas favorable between 491 and 494.

• tchatcha Adelaide

@baiken said:
    yup, 491 visa para makapag-stay longer sa AU, go go go po!

push na hehehe!

all the best po!

@baiken Thank you po!