Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

AITSL skills assessment

Hi... I’d like to get an advice from anybody here knowledgeable about my concern.

My bachelor’s degree is Secondary Education major in English but majority of my experience is in Preschool in the Philippines. I took a short course here to be qualified tho. However, I believe it won’t be accredited as it doesn’t have units. Now I am planning to take a diploma in ECEC in one of the vocational colleges in Australia (AIWT to be specific) that offers online set up. It claims to be nationally recognised in Australia but I’m reluctant whether AITSL would acknowledge such. What do you think?

And by the way, we are applying for subclass 189/190. My husband’s the primary applicant, I’m just dependant.

My only concern is whether I can teach, ifGod-willing we are invited, by possessing a degree in education, 7years Preschool experience, and a diploma in Early Childhood and Care (with units).

Would I still undergo AITSL upon job application even if I’m a dependent?

If I’d rather be a primary applicant, would AITSL accredit my qualifications?

Thank you so much!!!

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@aeonix_05 said:
    Hi... I’d like to get an advice from anybody here knowledgeable about my concern.

My bachelor’s degree is Secondary Education major in English but majority of my experience is in Preschool in the Philippines. I took a short course here to be qualified tho. However, I believe it won’t be accredited as it doesn’t have units. Now I am planning to take a diploma in ECEC in one of the vocational colleges in Australia (AIWT to be specific) that offers online set up. It claims to be nationally recognised in Australia but I’m reluctant whether AITSL would acknowledge such. What do you think?

And by the way, we are applying for subclass 189/190. My husband’s the primary applicant, I’m just dependant.

My only concern is whether I can teach, ifGod-willing we are invited, by possessing a degree in education, 7years Preschool experience, and a diploma in Early Childhood and Care (with units).

Would I still undergo AITSL upon job application even if I’m a dependent?

If I’d rather be a primary applicant, would AITSL accredit my qualifications?

Thank you so much!!!

You only need your skills assessed by AITSL if you are claiming 10 points as a partner. On your assessment, if your degree is not relevant to the occupation youve nominated, the assessing body will require a minimum number of years experience to constitute a degree. If you are the main applicant, you can only claim points on work experience equivalent to 7 years less the number of years they will deduct. I guess relevant naman yong secondary education degree mo if you are nominating an occupation related to pre school teaching. You need a Superior english test result for your skills assessment as a teacher. Job application here in Au as a migrant doesnt need you to have skills assessment(sa migration application lang needed for the main applicant).It may be required if you are seeking registration to governing bodies. I dont think theres a registration for teachers before they allow you to teach. Most employers will look at your qork experience.

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@aeonix_05 There's a thread for teachers here https://pinoyau.info/discussion/6134/early-chilhood-teachers-in-au#latest

It's not very active but if you reach out baka may makatulong din.

• aeonix_05aeonix_05 Posts: 5Member

Thanks a lot ms!

• aeonix_05aeonix_05 Posts: 5Member