Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

491 Visa Application

Hi everyone. I just want to know your thoughts about this:
Is it advisable to lodge a 491 visa application right now, even if I have 1 requirement na kulang? I couldn't comply it due to the lockdown. My 60days will expire next month.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

What requirement would this be?

• aiceeaicee Posts: 95Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    What requirement would this be?

NBI po

It’s best to leave NBI and medical clearance for later due to it being time sensitive. You can lodge without these 2 docs and wait for case officer to request for it. Honestly, with this pandemic ongoing, I could imagine how things are slower so you’re better off not getting clearances this early. Good luck.

ipolyyy
  • aiceeaicee Posts: 95Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    It’s best to leave NBI and medical clearance for later due to it being time sensitive. You can lodge without these 2 docs and wait for case officer to request for it. Honestly, with this pandemic ongoing, I could imagine how things are slower so you’re better off not getting clearances this early. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your advice🙏

• stevensteven Philippines
    edited December 2020

Hi Ms. @RheaMARN1171933 and @aicee :) Pardon me...I would like to jump in here to ask for your help/advice. For 491 Family Stream, would it be okay if my sponsor (eligible relative) is a retiree, living on his pension, and no other sources of income? Mag kakaroon po ba ng setbacks sa 491 FS application ko pag ganito yung status ng relative.

He is willing naman po to assist me financially, to the extent necessary as stated in the Sponsor Statutory Declaration. Would the case officer be requiring him to provide any Proof of Financial Capacity?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some ideas or advice. Thank you very much in advance.

gzabala

ANZSCO 233411 | Electronics Engineer |
    Age = 30 | Edu = 15 | Exp = 15 | PTE = 20 | Partner's English = 5 | NAATI = 5 | Visa 189/190/491=90/95/105 points

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

NAATI-CCL Tips:
    https://pinoyau.info/discussion/11185/naati-ccl-exam-additional-5-points-for-189-190-visa#latest

PTE Strategies/Tips:
    https://pinoyau.info/discussion/4233/pte-academic/p585
    https://pinoyau.info/discussion/4233/pte-academic/p587

@steven said:
    Hi Ms. @RheaMARN1171933 and @aicee :) Pardon me...I would like to jump in here to ask for your help/advice. For 491 Family Stream, would it be okay if my sponsor (eligible relative) is a retiree, living on his pension, and no other sources of income? Mag kakaroon po ba ng setbacks sa 491 FS application ko pag ganito yung status ng relative.

He is willing naman po to assist me financially, to the extent necessary as stated in the Sponsor Statutory Declaration. Would the case officer be requiring him to provide any Proof of Financial Capacity?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some ideas or advice. Thank you very much in advance.

Definitely. Your relative would need to show evidence that he can support you. I don’t think the case officer will be convinced he’s capable of supporting you if he himself is receiving money from the government. I don’t think such pathway will work for you.

stevengzabalaipolyyy
    edited December 2020

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@steven said:

Definitely. Your relative would need to show evidence that he can support you. I don’t think the case officer will be convinced he’s capable of supporting you if he himself is receiving money from the government. I don’t think such pathway will work for you.

Thank you very much Ms. @RheaMARN1171933 for your enlightening advice. Your thoughts are truly helpful.
    Kahit na nakakalungkot isipin dahil 491 FS nalang sana yung ina-asahan ko talaga para sa Oz dream ko. Pero I'm very thankful po sa inyo, nalaman ko ka agad ang mga possible difficulties if I'm going to pursue with that scenario.

Again, thanks a lot Ms. Rhea. :)

gzabala

Age = 30 | Edu = 15 | Exp = 15 | PTE = 20 | Partner's English = 5 | NAATI = 5 | Visa 189/190/491=90/95/105 points

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

NAATI-CCL Tips:
    https://pinoyau.info/discussion/11185/naati-ccl-exam-additional-5-points-for-189-190-visa#latest

PTE Strategies/Tips:

• LinetdaneLinetdane Adelaide

Curious lang, isn't a pension a source of income. It was paid as superannuation during his employment, and it is technically his money that was saved up during his working time.

stevenipolyyy

ANZSCO 233311 (Electrical Engineer)
    Age: 30 Language: 10 Experience: 10 Education: 15 Partner: 10 FS: 15

Subclass 491 (Family Sponsored) Granted: May 28, 2021

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

edited December 2020

@Linetdane said:
    Curious lang, isn't a pension a source of income. It was paid as superannuation during his employment, and it is technically his money that was saved up during his working time.

Thank you Linetdane for raising this matter for discussion :) ... it's a good inquiry. I hope Ms. Rhea could enlighten us with that question.

In my case, my uncle is a retiree (Australian Citizen). He was working in the medical field before for over 15 years (full-time employment). I have an Aunt also who is currently working full-time in Australia for about 20 years now and she's about to retire in January next year.

Feeling ko po, mahihirapan ako sa 491 Family Stream talaga, wala na din kasi kaming ibang relatives na living in Regional Areas. :( I'm still praying na sana may iba pang paraan, mahirap kasi bitawan ang pangarap na'to.

NAATI-CCL Tips:

PTE Strategies/Tips:

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Thank you Linetdane for raising this matter for discussion :) ... it's a good inquiry. I hope Ms. Rhea could enlighten us with that question.

In my case, my uncle is a retiree (Australian Citizen). He was working in the medical field before for over 15 years (full-time employment). I have an Aunt also who is currently working full-time in Australia for about 20 years now and she's about to retire in January next year.

Feeling ko po, mahihirapan ako sa 491 Family Stream talaga, wala na din kasi kaming ibang relatives na living in Regional Areas. :( I'm still praying na sana may iba pang paraan, mahirap kasi bitawan ang pangarap na'to.

Why not try 491 state sporsorship.

steven

@fgs said:

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Thank you fgs :) Maraming salamat for joining, nakakagaan ng feeling. Sa 491 State Sponsorship naman po, my occupation (Electronics Engineer) is currently not listed in the Occupations List of most States. Some States (e.g. SA, TAS, VIC) would accept Electronic Engineers pero kailangan na currently living in that specific states or with Job Offer (for Offshore applicant). Offshore po kasi ako.

Yung Northern Territory lang po yung may kunting chance para sa Electronics Engineer for 491 State Sponsorhip, kaso yung "Employability" is a very challenging requirement to comply with because it would require help from an NT employer.

Employability
    You must provide strong evidence of good employment prospects in the NT either in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

You can show you have good employment prospects by providing:

1) an offer of employment letter from an NT employer
    2) a statement describing how your skills and experience meet NT employer needs
    3) evidence that your occupation has been advertised in the NT multiple times and detailed explanations of 4) how your qualifications and experience match the job vacancies
    5) evidence of positive feedback from potential NT employers.

abbysihco

NAATI-CCL Tips:

PTE Strategies/Tips:

@Linetdane said:

There are two types, pension from superannuation or from the state. It wasn’t clear which one @steven was referring to. Either way, as an agen myself, I wouldn’t be too confident to handle a case as such due to the potential financial risk the government may perceive on the case. The fact that the sponsor is of age and technically not working is already a red flag. Best to opt for state/regional sponsorship or even 189 visa.

steven

@steven said:

@fgs said:

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Thank you fgs :) Maraming salamat for joining, nakakagaan ng feeling. Sa 491 State Sponsorship naman po, my occupation (Electronics Engineer) is currently not listed in the Occupations List of most States. Some States (e.g. SA, TAS, VIC) would accept Electronic Engineers pero kailangan na currently living in that specific states or with Job Offer (for Offshore applicant). Offshore po kasi ako.

Yung Northern Territory lang po yung may kunting chance para sa Electronics Engineer for 491 State Sponsorhip, kaso yung "Employability" is a very challenging requirement to comply with because it would require help from an NT employer.

Employability
    You must provide strong evidence of good employment prospects in the NT either in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

3) evidence that your occupation has been advertised in the NT multiple times and detailed explanations of 4) how your qualifications and experience match the job vacancies

It’s because for the current financial year, offshore applicants are not prioritised. Best to accumulate/maximise points, make sure all documents are correct, lodge the EOI and wait and see in July.

stevenabbysihco

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Linetdane said:

There are two types, pension from superannuation or from the state. It wasn’t clear which one @steven was referring to. Either way, as an agen myself, I wouldn’t be too confident to handle a case as such due to the potential financial risk the government may perceive on the case. The fact that the sponsor is of age and technically not working is already a red flag. Best to opt for state/regional sponsorship or even 189 visa.

Ms. Rhea, thank you very much for dedicating your time and effort to answer my queries. I greatly appreciate it. :) Thanks also for giving me a heads-up about this red flag scenario.

If my uncle can present a bank statement of his savings and a superannuation certificate, and if my sister who is a Permanent Resident in Sydney (working as a nurse) could present a written document as a declaration of her full support in terms of financial aspects to the extent necessary, in addition to my uncle's declaration of support, would it help to somehow mitigate the red flag?

NAATI-CCL Tips:

PTE Strategies/Tips:

edited December 2020

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@steven said:

@fgs said:

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Employability

It’s because for the current financial year, offshore applicants are not prioritised. Best to accumulate/maximise points, make sure all documents are correct, lodge the EOI and wait and see in July.

Thanks Ms. Rhea, that's a great reminder... I should gather more points, currently, I only have 80 points for 189. Visa 189 could be my last resort, God willing.

Maraming salamat :-)

NAATI-CCL Tips:

PTE Strategies/Tips:

@steven said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Linetdane said:

Ms. Rhea, thank you very much for dedicating your time and effort to answer my queries. I greatly appreciate it. :) Thanks also for giving me a heads-up about this red flag scenario.

If my uncle can present a bank statement of his savings and a superannuation certificate, and if my sister who is a Permanent Resident in Sydney (working as a nurse) could present a written document as a declaration of her full support in terms of financial aspects to the extent necessary, in addition to my uncle's declaration of support, would it help to somehow mitigate the red flag?

Not really because your sister isn’t your sponsor. All the best

steven

@steven said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@steven said:

@fgs said:

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Employability

Thanks Ms. Rhea, that's a great reminder... I should gather more points, currently, I only have 80 points for 189. Visa 189 could be my last resort, God willing.

Who knows in the end. I could imagine once restrictions are lifted, australia will be working towards attracting more migrants to make up for this financial year. This means the priority points may be lowered so you’ll never know. Only time will tell. Good luck

stevenred_lionGencang28abbysihco

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@steven said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@steven said:

@fgs said:

@steven said:

@Linetdane said:

Employability

Who knows in the end. I could imagine once restrictions are lifted, australia will be working towards attracting more migrants to make up for this financial year. This means the priority points may be lowered so you’ll never know. Only time will tell. Good luck

Ms. Rhea, thanks a lot for your brilliant ideas and helpful advice :) I'll continue hoping and praying for the best.

NAATI-CCL Tips:

PTE Strategies/Tips:

• Doix14Doix14 Posts: 15Member

Hello po, di ako sure if ok sa thread natu magtanong. Regarding po sa 491 visa open na po ba sla for application or close pa po. Para po sana sa EOI. Thank u po ng marami sa mkakasagot.

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@Doix14 said:
    Hello po, di ako sure if ok sa thread natu magtanong. Regarding po sa 491 visa open na po ba sla for application or close pa po. Para po sana sa EOI. Thank u po ng marami sa mkakasagot.

Depende sa state but most if not all are not accepting new application. The dept. just released the allocation but most states opted not to open their migration program as of the moment.

steven

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Depende sa state but most if not all are not accepting new application. The dept. just released the allocation but most states opted not to open their migration program as of the moment.

Migration program is open, states and territories are accepting nomination applications but for onshore applicants only.

steven

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Maraming salamat po hopefully next year mag accept na sla offshore po pla application namin.Thanks

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Migration program is open, states and territories are accepting nomination applications but for onshore applicants only.

Thank you so much po. Our application is offshore po, hopefully next year they will accept again application for 491.

• tigerlancetigerlance Philippines

@Doix14 said:

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Maraming salamat po hopefully next year mag accept na sla offshore po pla application namin.Thanks

Open na po sa offshore.
    https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-visas/skilled-work-regional-visa-subclass-491

Pabilisan po. Mabilis maubos ang slots nito. Kaya pagnagopen na, pataasan ng points ng EOI and paglodge ng EOI. Kasi marami nagaabang. Good Luck po. Sana pasok kayo sa occupation
    list ng NSW. Kasi selected rin

19/04/2011 IELTS Competent L:7.0, R: 7.5, W: 6.0, S: 6.0, OBS: 6.5
    27/03/2018 PTE Proficient L:73, R: 70, W: 73, S: 78, OBS: 71
    07/07/2018 Received Passport (10 years expiry)
    08/08/2018 Received Driver's Licence 5 years
    09/10/2018 0600H EA Queued for Assessment
    29/10/2018 0530H Assessment in Progress
    29/10/2018 1200H Outcome Received (Positive)
    16/11/2019 1326H EOI Lodged 491 Family Sponsored 90 pts.
    28/11/2019 NBI Application. (HIT)
    09/12/2019 NBI Clearance Claimed at NBI Ermita for Faster processing
    09/01/2020 2100H ITA 491
    14/01/2020 Received Sponsorship Documents
    20/01/2020 Payroll Statement of Account
    27/01/2020 E medical at Nationwide Baguio
    28/01/2020 E medical No Action Required. Nationwide Submitted to DHA
    29/01/2020 Received Current Payslip
    02/02/2020 SSS Inquiry System
    07/02/2020 Reference Letter Current
    07/02/2020 Provident Fund Update
    10/02/2020 Polio Vaccination Certificate
    12/02/2020 BIR Form 2316 updated to 2019
    15/02/2020 Lodgment of Visa. Frontloaded all Docs including Form 80, 1221, 1281, medicals as per guidelines
    18/02/2020 Form 1023
    07/05/2020 CO allocated
    27/10/2020 Direct Grant. No CO Contact.
    19/05/2022 The Big Move

• Christian_DaveChristian_Dave Philippines

Hello po magandang araw ask ko lang po if meron bang show money na requirements for 491? kung meron saan po pwede makita per state?

Age = 25pts , Educ = 15pts , English = ?, Work Exp. = ?
    Feb 2018 - Start IELTS review
    Aug 2018 - To Proceed PTE review
    Sept 2018 - To take PTE exam and wait next step for the result
    PTE result last Sept 27 - L = 68, W = 64 , R = 72, S = 83
    To take PTE again June 2020
    Next step making CDR for EA assessment

Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible and Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough

• coolitz_12coolitz_12 Philippines

@tigerlance said:

@Doix14 said:

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Open na po sa offshore.
    https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-visas/skilled-work-regional-visa-subclass-491

Pabilisan po. Mabilis maubos ang slots nito. Kaya pagnagopen na, pataasan ng points ng EOI and paglodge ng EOI. Kasi marami nagaabang. Good Luck po. Sana pasok kayo sa occupation

hi! Pwede na po magpasa ngayon ng EOI for 491 or sa Feb pa kapag open na sila pwede magpasa? Thanks :)

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@coolitz_12 said:

@tigerlance said:

@Doix14 said:

@fgs said:

@Doix14 said:

Open na po sa offshore.

hi! Pwede na po magpasa ngayon ng EOI for 491 or sa Feb pa kapag open na sila pwede magpasa? Thanks :)

You can create your EOI anytime..EOIs are active in Skillselect system for 2 years

• jessecjessec Taguig

Hi everyone, yung husband ko po has positive skills assessment and more than 5 yrs work exp as per ACS. Based sa NSW 491 kasama yung anzscode (263111) nya sa pwedeng mag apply.

Question po, advisable ba na magsubmit ng EOI sa Skillselect for visa 491 kahit na Feb2021 pa magoopen ang state for said visa? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

• anicaanica Ksa

Hi. Mag tanong po ako regarding sa rules ng Age limit ng immi for getting the maximum points na 30pts. Ano po ba ang tamangg rules dito? Yun age bracket ng 30points ay hanggang 32y/o lng ang pede. Pede ko ba maclaim ang 30 points kahit lampas 32years old ka na ako (lets say lampas ng ilang months and days)? At saka etong rules ba na eto ay applicable lng ba sa sa time ng lodging ng EOI or PR visa or di kaya sa time ng ITA result? Mag 32 years old pa lng ako on April 2021 next year. Hanggang kelan ako dapat mag lolodge? Else, i will get only 25pts.

263311 Telecommunications Engineer | 189 | Age: 30 pts | English 10 pts | Education: 15 pts | Experience: 15 pts | Partner: 5 pts
    02/14/18 - PTE exam (1st take): L57 R63 S60 W70 -competent
    12/05/20 - PTE exam (2nd take): L80 R66 S70 W77 -proficient
    12/13/20 - EA standard MSA-CDR submitted
    12/22/20 - EA MSA outcome
    03/08/21 - Submitted EOI (75/80/90 pts for visa 189/190/491)

• engineer20engineer20 Sydney

@anica said:
    Hi. Mag tanong po ako regarding sa rules ng Age limit ng immi for getting the maximum points na 30pts. Ano po ba ang tamangg rules dito? Yun age bracket ng 30points ay hanggang 32y/o lng ang pede. Pede ko ba maclaim ang 30 points kahit lampas 32years old ka na ako (lets say lampas ng ilang months and days)? At saka etong rules ba na eto ay applicable lng ba sa sa time ng lodging ng EOI or PR visa or di kaya sa time ng ITA result? Mag 32 years old pa lng ako on April 2021 next year. Hanggang kelan ako dapat mag lolodge? Else, i will get only 25pts.

@anica your EOI points in age will still be 30 until you become 33 years old (April 2022)

29May2015: Submitted Online Application to VETASSESS (312112 Building Associate)
    02Jun2015: Lodged Date at VETASSESS
    28Aug2015: VETASSESS Assessment Completed (312112 Building Associate) - POSITIVE
    17Oct2015: PTE-A taken at SG
    19Oct2015: PTE-A Result: L-83, R-90, S-76, W-90 OAS-87
    19Oct2015: Submitted EOI Visa 190 (65 points plus SS 5 points if granted)
    19Oct2015: Submitted VIC SS Online Application Visa 190
    20Oct2015: VIC acknowledged SS application and gave Reference Number
    02Nov2015: VIC SS Application Rejected
    05Nov2015: Submitted Online Reassessment to VETASSESS (312212 Civil Engineering Technician) 08Feb2016: VETASSESS Outcome POSITIVE
    07Nov2015: Updated EOI to select NSW (312112)
    18Dec2015: Received NSW SS Invitation Stream 2
    21Dec2015: Lodged NSW SS Application
    12Jan2016: NSW SS Approved / Visa 190 ITA Received
    29Jan2016: SG PCC (Me) / Medical (Me, Wife and Kid)
    01Feb2016: Medicals Cleared
    05Feb2016: Lodged Visa 190
    18Feb2016: NBI Clearance Applied (Me and Wife) - HIT
    29Feb2016: SG PCC (Wife)
    03Mar2016: Collected and Uploaded NBI Clearance
    04Mar2016: Direct Grant
    07May2016: Initial Entry (Sydney)
    16Jul2017: Big Move
    Oct2020: Lodged Citizenship Application
    May2021: Citizenship Interview and Test
    TBA: Citizenship Ceremony