Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

[2021] IT Software Engineer - Ideal Visa to apply for given COVID

iarc20iarc20 PhilippinesPosts: 4Member

Hi Migrants, and co-Hopefuls,

Happy New Year! I'm planning for a big step in my career this year.

I am a Software Engineer for more than 7 years now, & single. I've relatives in Aus but not a first-hand relationship (Uncle and second cousins).
I am looking forward to migrate to Australia for a better future.

I have read through posts/news that:

• the Australian borders are recently closed and most likely to reopen late 2021
  • Student Visa can be processed faster (but given closed borders may be online study for now)
  • changes for state nomination require stay in Australia for X months. I think this is for 190/491.

My points test result return 75/85.
There are indeed challenges but I believe it is never too late for a big step.

Can anyone help advice which visa is best to plan and/or apply for these days? Visas for student (Student Visa), Skilled Visa189/190/491 are those that I understand are available.

Thank you in advance. Keep safe All.

Comments

• cyborg5cyborg5 Australia

For me, ive always thought to aim for maximum flexibility of 189 ( no restriction), then if needed more points 190 ( restricted to nominating state for 2 years)

The flower that blooms in adversity, is the most rare and beautiful.

• iarc20iarc20 Philippines

Thank you for sharing your thoughts @cyborg5.

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,692Member, Administrator, Moderator

Software engineer is on PMSOL at the moment so possible to get invited via 189 since the current states/territories are only sponsoring onshore applicants. Also be mindful that in general, onshore applications are favoured over offshore ones for the current financial year (July 2020 to June 2021) despite the fact that your occupation is on PMSOL. Best to focus on getting your skills assessment sorted and maximise your score so you can lodge your eoi as soon as. There’s a long queue waiting on eoi so one’s restrictions are lifted could imagine invites will be abundant.

kathciarc20
  • zarasocial_travelzarasocial_travel Posts: 10Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    Software engineer is on PMSOL at the moment so possible to get invited via 189 since the current states/territories are only sponsoring onshore applicants. Also be mindful that in general, onshore applications are favoured over offshore ones for the current financial year (July 2020 to June 2021) despite the fact that your occupation is on PMSOL. Best to focus on getting your skills assessment sorted and maximise your score so you can lodge your eoi as soon as. There’s a long queue waiting on eoi so one’s restrictions are lifted could imagine invites will be abundant.

May visibility po kaya tayo kung ilan pa yung nasa queue at kelan po kaya ako makakatanggap ng invite? Almost 4 months na po ako nag aantay, no news paren po. By the way, offshore applicant po ako.

@zarasocial_travel said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

May visibility po kaya tayo kung ilan pa yung nasa queue at kelan po kaya ako makakatanggap ng invite? Almost 4 months na po ako nag aantay, no news paren po. By the way, offshore applicant po ako.

In normal times, 4 months is a short time wait for an invite, more so these days. No, there is no such way to find your position on the queue. I know during pre-COVID days a lot of DIY’s refer to the info from an agency (I forgot which agency it’s from) but we agents do not rely on such information. Invites are given based on the factors like points, date, time, occur,etc. One needs to know how many applicants (globally) who applied on a particular date and time.

• fortdomengfortdomeng Posts: 71Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@zarasocial_travel said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

In normal times, 4 months is a short time wait for an invite, more so these days. No, there is no such way to find your position on the queue. I know during pre-COVID days a lot of DIY’s refer to the info from an agency (I forgot which agency it’s from) but we agents do not rely on such information. Invites are given based on the factors like points, date, time, occur,etc. One needs to know how many applicants (globally) who applied on a particular date and time.

That's iscah.com - but given the situation, they may not give you the closest approximate time to be invited

@fortdomeng said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@zarasocial_travel said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

That's iscah.com - but given the situation, they may not give you the closest approximate time to be invited

That’s it. We agents don’t rely on these things.

zarasocial_travelfortdomeng

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@zarasocial_travel said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Fair enough. Salamat po sa comment.

• kathckathc Posts: 46Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Hello! I was wondering if it would be worth a risk to get my skills assessment done even if state nominations are not open? I had 2 agencies turn me down because of it (I'm applying for subclass 190).
    Natatakot kasi ako ma-expire yung application and/or assessment ko if ever pumasa.

@kathc said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Hello! I was wondering if it would be worth a risk to get my skills assessment done even if state nominations are not open? I had 2 agencies turn me down because of it (I'm applying for subclass 190).
    Natatakot kasi ako ma-expire yung application and/or assessment ko if ever pumasa.

We still continue to process up to EOI stage. You need to get in the EOI queue as soon as possible so when restrictions are lifted you’re all set. Skills assessment won’t expire until after 2 years so a lot can happen in this time period.