Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@maida_mabulac1 said:
    Hi, I would like to ask if I've done the right process with my application which I only did by my own.

I have completed my EOI in Skill Select, chose subclass 189,190, and 491 since Mar 2020 but till now I have not heard any feedback yet. I'm not sure if there is really a delay on the reviewer's end/COVID or if I did the wrong way and should have done a different approach.

My background: Accountant in UAE.

Appreciate your comments as I'm doing the process by my own.

Unlikely to get any invite for offshore applicants in the current financial year. This is the time to exhaust options to increase points, double check documents are correct abs get in the EOI queue. If you’ve clicked 190 and491, I hope you’ve also applied for state/regional nominations when you lodged your EOI

• baikenbaiken QLD

@maida_mabulac1 said:
    Hi, I would like to ask if I've done the right process with my application which I only did by my own.

I have completed my EOI in Skill Select, chose subclass 189,190, and 491 since Mar 2020 but till now I have not heard any feedback yet. I'm not sure if there is really a delay on the reviewer's end/COVID or if I did the wrong way and should have done a different approach.

just to clarify, what is your current points? onshore/offshore? :)

all the best po!

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer | Age: 25 | Education: 15 | English: 20 | Experience: 10 | PY: 5 | CCL: 5
    Total: 80/85 on Visa 189/190 Respectively

23.02.2018 | Signed up for the forum. Started gathering Documents and Reviewing for IELTS.
    01.06.2018 | Company offered to provide 482 Visa, GRABBED IT!!!
    15.10.2018 | 482 Visa Lodged
    13.11.2018 | 482 Visa Granted
    POEA Processing = took me almost a year to get all documents in place.

07.06.2019 | Finally the BM!!!
    01.10.2019 | Started to review for PTE, aiming for Superior scores!
    23.02.2020 | PTE Mock Test = L=68/R=64/S=90/W=77
    29.02.2020 | PTE Test = L=90/R=85/S=90/W=85 - Got SUPERIOR on the 1st try! Thank You Lord!!!
    01.03.2020 | EOI Lodged for Visa 189/190 NSW (80/85)
    10.06.2020 | EOI Updated due to PY point addition (80/85)
    24.09.2020 | EOI Updated due to Passing NAATI CCL (85/90)
    10.05.2021 | Pursuing 186 (DE) - Thank God for His Favour!!!
    11.03.2022 | Visa 186 (DE) - Nomination and Visa Application Lodged... Now the waiting begins...
    14.01.2023 | Visa 186 (DE) - GRANTED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Citizenship Timeline:
    22.01.2024 | Citizenship Application made online. THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

• maida_mabulac1maida_mabulac1 Posts: 8Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

Unlikely to get any invite for offshore applicants in the current financial year. This is the time to exhaust options to increase points, double check documents are correct abs get in the EOI queue. If you’ve clicked 190 and491, I hope you’ve also applied for state/regional nominations when you lodged your EOI

@RheaMARN1171933 -thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated. I selected "Any" in state/regional nomination. I'm not sure if I should have instead hit a specific state to get invited or "any" is fine.

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@baiken thanks for taking time to reply. :smile: I'm based offshore, currently have 75, 80, 90 for Subclass 189, 190, and 491 respectively. Should I work increasing my points or they seemed fine? Thanks in advance for your comments :smile:

• frostee70frostee70 Mandaluyong

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@frostee70 said:
    question lang po. may bearing po ba ang location kung saan mag lodge application? nasa Malaysia po ako currently and I'm not sure if better ung chances/processing dito kesa sa Pinas ko siya aasikasuhin.

There shouldn’t be any bearing

salamat po! sa PH na lang po ako maglodge.

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 -thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated. I selected "Any" in state/regional nomination. I'm not sure if I should have instead hit a specific state to get invited or "any" is fine.

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@RheaMARN1171933 -Mas okay po ba na ung EOI, nka specify Kung anong region mismo isubmit ung interest or “any” is fine? Thank you po sa reply

edited February 2021

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@RheaMARN1171933 -Mas okay po ba na ung EOI, nka specify Kung anong region mismo isubmit ung interest or “any” is fine? Thank you po sa reply

Best to choose a specific state/region and you would need to check out the corresponding process for nomination application for that state/region you chose.

States don’t really like to see that there are other pending applications or you’ve expressed interest in other areas. They like to see that you really intend to stay in their state/region. choosing multiple states/regions wouldn’t be beneficial as it will give them doubts about your intention.

• jrmdcdcjrmdcdc BGC

Hello
    Can someone enlighten me on this. My school has 2 entry in School/section list. Yung isa section 1 ang nalagay na location is Munoz City, the other 1 is Neuva ecija (misspelled na nueva ecija). Munoz city is in the province of nueva ecija. As far as i know wala kaming ibang campus inside nueva ecija other than munoz.

• kramkirtapkramkirtap Posts: 4Member

Hello po, magandang araw sa lahat! :) Newbie po, and first time to post.

Question lamang po about Eligibility Criteria ng VETASSESS, dun sa Employment Evidence part.. If I can't produce any Payment Evidence ng aking employer dun sa period na yun (e.g. 2009-2013), and tanging evidence ko po ay copy ng signed employment contract & training records ng nasabing period...

Need ko pa ba ito ipa-affidavit (statutory declaration)? Or good as supplementary evidence by itself na po sila?

• beecool79beecool79 UAE

@ga2au said:

@wanky said:
    meron po kasi pop-up window after magfill ng page 4 (passport details). It says "applicant has other unfinalised applications lodged with the dept. The applicant will be able to continue, however the unfinalised application (s) may need to be withdrawn by advising the department in writing". I'm thinking baka di na possible ngayon or I'm doing something wrong. I used the same immiaccount because i used the same email ad on both visa.

I did the same thing, kaya lang ako naman 489 to 190. No need different immiaccount. Kasi iimport mo lang naman yang application. Possible yan. Just click next. But take note, u will need to pay again the visa fee, tapos whichever granted first, you need to cancel the other application right away.

hello po. ask ko lang po. paano po if may visa ka na 489 pero due to border closures, di makapasok. pede pa rin kaya mag apply ng ibang visa like 189? ano po kaya ang risks or possible scenario? thanks po sa sasagot.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails - Proverbs 19:21"
    "With God, all things are Possible"

• JohnPatrickJohnPatrick Posts: 7Member

@kramkirtap said:

Question lamang po about Eligibility Criteria ng VETASSESS, dun sa Employment Evidence part.. If I can't produce any Payment Evidence ng aking employer dun sa period na yun (e.g. 2009-2013), and tanging evidence ko po ay copy ng signed employment contract & training records ng nasabing period...

Need ko pa ba ito ipa-affidavit (statutory declaration)? Or good as supplementary evidence by itself na po sila?

ang saken po any nag produce po ako ng payslip (nag request ako sa company 2010-2019 - note in interval years) then yung statutory declaration - may format sila i copy mu lang then punta ka in any law office to make it legal ganyan ginawa ko dito sa jeddah. - then i got a positive result :)

224999: Information and Organisation Professionals nec

@JohnPatrick said:

@kramkirtap said:

ang saken po any nag produce po ako ng payslip (nag request ako sa company 2010-2019 - note in interval years) aside from your COE and Contract, then yung statutory declaration - may format sila i copy mu lang then punta ka in any law office to make it legal ganyan ginawa ko dito sa jeddah. - then i got a positive result :)

@JohnPatrick said:

@kramkirtap said:

ang saken po any nag produce po ako ng payslip (nag request ako sa company 2010-2019 - note in interval years) then yung statutory declaration - may format sila i copy mu lang then punta ka in any law office to make it legal ganyan ginawa ko dito sa jeddah. - then i got a positive result :)

Thanks @JohnPatrick! :smile:

Yun po kasi ang suliranin ko now. I did request for records... pero hindi nag kee2p ng payslip over 1 year and company napasukan ko dati.... bank statement naman same din.. up to 7 years lang ang records ng bank ko, hindi na aabot ang 2009 to 2013.

Signed contract, training records, and COE na lamang po ang aking proof of existence sa ex-company ko. :/

Anyways, hoping for similar situation na makaka-advise po.

@kramkirtap said:

@JohnPatrick said:

@kramkirtap said:

Yun po kasi ang suliranin ko now. I did request for records... pero hindi nag kee2p ng payslip over 1 year and company napasukan ko dati.... bank statement naman same din.. up to 7 years lang ang records ng bank ko, hindi na aabot ang 2009 to 2013.

Signed contract, training records, and COE na lamang po ang aking proof of existence sa ex-company ko. :/

ang ginawa ko ksi nag pa Skill Assessment Support muna ako then they will call you kung ano mga dapat mung i prepare if may mga ganyang cases then saka ako nag submit na ng Skill Assessment for General Occupations..so i would suggest mag pa skill assessment support ka muna if kaya naman ng budget mu. Ksi ang possible na pwede mung gawin is since na wala kang payslip which is yan talaga ang hahanapin nila yan ang gawan mu ng statutory declaration - stating kung magkno narereceived mu and then i stamp and sign na lang ng boss mu or company mu.

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@kramkirtap Kung sa Philippines yung employer mo, magcreate ka ng account sa SSS website. Makikita mo yung list ng employers na nagbayad ng SSS contribution mo. Screenshot mo yung page na yun. Tinatanggap ng Vetassess yun as evidence of employment since it's from the government. Isubmit mo pa rin whatever other documents to have to support your claim.

• macpedmacped Posts: 23Member
    edited February 2021

-deleted as per poster's request-

@JohnPatrick said:

@kramkirtap said:

@JohnPatrick said:

@kramkirtap said:

ang ginawa ko ksi nag pa Skill Assessment Support muna ako then they will call you kung ano mga dapat mung i prepare if may mga ganyang cases then saka ako nag submit na ng Skill Assessment for General Occupations..so i would suggest mag pa skill assessment support ka muna if kaya naman ng budget mu. Ksi ang possible na pwede mung gawin is since na wala kang payslip which is yan talaga ang hahanapin nila yan ang gawan mu ng statutory declaration - stating kung magkno narereceived mu and then i stamp and sign na lang ng boss mu or company mu.

Thank you @JohnPatrick. I will look into this. :)

@maguero said:
    @kramkirtap Kung sa Philippines yung employer mo, magcreate ka ng account sa SSS website. Makikita mo yung list ng employers na nagbayad ng SSS contribution mo. Screenshot mo yung page na yun. Tinatanggap ng Vetassess yun as evidence of employment since it's from the government. Isubmit mo pa rin whatever other documents to have to support your claim.

@maguero Thank you. Sa sg po now... But i will try to do a similar move. Looking into retreiving taxation records from way back '09.

• macpedmacped Posts: 23Member
    edited February 2021

@macped said:

-deleted-

How to edit or delete post po? Can't edit/delet this query. someone clarified na on this matter on the Waiting for Grants thread. Thank you :smiley:

• tigerlancetigerlance Philippines

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

@baiken thanks for taking time to reply. :smile: I'm based offshore, currently have 75, 80, 90 for Subclass 189, 190, and 491 respectively. Should I work increasing my points or they seemed fine? Thanks in advance for your comments :smile:

You will have a chance for 491 if you have more than 110 points. Accountants have the highest point system in terms of invitation for more than 7 years I guess.

If you are onshore sana, pwede pa, you can increase your points like Australian study requirement, PhD,
    Based lang po sa nababasa ko sa ibang forums, and immigration tracks...

All the best nalang po

19/04/2011 IELTS Competent L:7.0, R: 7.5, W: 6.0, S: 6.0, OBS: 6.5
    27/03/2018 PTE Proficient L:73, R: 70, W: 73, S: 78, OBS: 71
    07/07/2018 Received Passport (10 years expiry)
    08/08/2018 Received Driver's Licence 5 years
    09/10/2018 0600H EA Queued for Assessment
    29/10/2018 0530H Assessment in Progress
    29/10/2018 1200H Outcome Received (Positive)
    16/11/2019 1326H EOI Lodged 491 Family Sponsored 90 pts.
    28/11/2019 NBI Application. (HIT)
    09/12/2019 NBI Clearance Claimed at NBI Ermita for Faster processing
    09/01/2020 2100H ITA 491
    14/01/2020 Received Sponsorship Documents
    20/01/2020 Payroll Statement of Account
    27/01/2020 E medical at Nationwide Baguio
    28/01/2020 E medical No Action Required. Nationwide Submitted to DHA
    29/01/2020 Received Current Payslip
    02/02/2020 SSS Inquiry System
    07/02/2020 Reference Letter Current
    07/02/2020 Provident Fund Update
    10/02/2020 Polio Vaccination Certificate
    12/02/2020 BIR Form 2316 updated to 2019
    15/02/2020 Lodgment of Visa. Frontloaded all Docs including Form 80, 1221, 1281, medicals as per guidelines
    18/02/2020 Form 1023
    07/05/2020 CO allocated
    27/10/2020 Direct Grant. No CO Contact.
    19/05/2022 The Big Move

@tigerlance said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

You will have a chance for 491 if you have more than 110 points. Accountants have the highest point system in terms of invitation for more than 7 years I guess.

If you are onshore sana, pwede pa, you can increase your points like Australian study requirement, PhD,

All the best nalang po

@tigerlance- Ang hirap pala ng qualifications.🙄 Taas! Salamat po sa pag share ng inputs niyo.

• tigerlancetigerlance Philippines

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@tigerlance said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

All the best nalang po

@tigerlance- Ang hirap pala ng qualifications.🙄 Taas! Salamat po sa pag share ng inputs niyo.

Ang dami kasi nagaapply ng accountants sa au. Sobrang competitive
    https://iscah.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AccountantNumber202021.pdf
    https://iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/July2020predictions.png

Itong prediction na ito hindi nangyari. Kasi wala pang nainvite na accountant this financial year

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/occupation-ceilings

• Wala pa naiinvite. Ang next invitation ay sa june 2021.

Next financial year, marami na nakapila na mataas na points around the world. Imposible naman mataas ang invitation agad agad. Gradual. Saka mageexpire na yung EOI ng karamihan kasi 2 years (tama ba) and yung mga english, assessmet, age, nageexpire o nababawasan rin.

19/04/2011 IELTS Competent L:7.0, R: 7.5, W: 6.0, S: 6.0, OBS: 6.5
    27/03/2018 PTE Proficient L:73, R: 70, W: 73, S: 78, OBS: 71
    07/07/2018 Received Passport (10 years expiry)
    08/08/2018 Received Driver's Licence 5 years
    09/10/2018 0600H EA Queued for Assessment
    29/10/2018 0530H Assessment in Progress
    29/10/2018 1200H Outcome Received (Positive)
    16/11/2019 1326H EOI Lodged 491 Family Sponsored 90 pts.
    28/11/2019 NBI Application. (HIT)
    09/12/2019 NBI Clearance Claimed at NBI Ermita for Faster processing
    09/01/2020 2100H ITA 491
    14/01/2020 Received Sponsorship Documents
    20/01/2020 Payroll Statement of Account
    27/01/2020 E medical at Nationwide Baguio
    28/01/2020 E medical No Action Required. Nationwide Submitted to DHA
    29/01/2020 Received Current Payslip
    02/02/2020 SSS Inquiry System
    07/02/2020 Reference Letter Current
    07/02/2020 Provident Fund Update
    10/02/2020 Polio Vaccination Certificate
    12/02/2020 BIR Form 2316 updated to 2019
    15/02/2020 Lodgment of Visa. Frontloaded all Docs including Form 80, 1221, 1281, medicals as per guidelines
    18/02/2020 Form 1023
    07/05/2020 CO allocated
    27/10/2020 Direct Grant. No CO Contact.
    19/05/2022 The Big Move

@kramkirtap said:

@maguero said:

@maguero Thank you. Sa sg po now... But i will try to do a similar move. Looking into retreiving taxation records from way back '09.

No need to supply as far back as 2009. Just the last 10 years

• AmFauAmFau Posts: 8Member

hi po, how to start?

• AmFauAmFau Posts: 8Member

hi po, pano magsimula?

• batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    edited February 2021

@AmFau said:
    hi po, pano magsimula?

Try navaigating the forum and read... understand the process. Refer to department of home affairs website. if you are doing it yourself. You can also engage an agent to assist you in your application. That is if your occupation, age, work experience, education, English language competency and character are eligible to apply. Just shout out if get lost within the forum that means you doing it right and learning. :)

221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted the offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received a job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer
    16|10|20 - Started new job - a better opportunity
    01|01|21 - Started CPA Australia qualification
    10|02|21 - Lodged 887 visa application
    June 2021 - First CPA subject passed
    Nov 2021 - 2nd CPA Subject passed
    June 2022 - 3rd and 4th CPA subject passed
    Nov 2022 - 5th subject passed (failed the other one)
    Feb 2023 - PR visa granted
    June 2023 - Officially a CPA Australia member.
    July 2023 - Purchased a land where to build our home

• coolitz_12coolitz_12 Philippines

hi question lang po.
    Yung start date ng pagclaim ko ng work experience is Feb 14, 2013 as per ACS assessment last June 2019 and same pa din ang last company ko. Supposedly it will be 8yrs na yung work exp ko kahapon Feb 14, 2021.

Bakit hindi naupdate automatically yung points ko to 15? as I checked 10pts pa din yung nacount ni immi. Or ilang araw po ba bago magreflect yung updated points? Thanks!

@tigerlance said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@tigerlance said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

@baiken said:

@maida_mabulac1 said:

all the best po!

All the best nalang po

Ang dami kasi nagaapply ng accountants sa au. Sobrang competitive
    https://iscah.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AccountantNumber202021.pdf
    https://iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/July2020predictions.png

Itong prediction na ito hindi nangyari. Kasi wala pang nainvite na accountant this financial year

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/occupation-ceilings

• Wala pa naiinvite. Ang next invitation ay sa june 2021.

Next financial year, marami na nakapila na mataas na points around the world. Imposible naman mataas ang invitation agad agad. Gradual. Saka mageexpire na yung EOI ng karamihan kasi 2 years (tama ba) and yung mga english, assessmet, age, nageexpire o nababawasan rin.

@tigerlance - thank you po sa pagshare. napaka helpful po niya. sabayan ko nlng ng prayer. :D :D

• _sebodemacho_sebodemacho Melbourne, VIC
    edited February 2021

@coolitz_12 said:
    hi question lang po.
    Yung start date ng pagclaim ko ng work experience is Feb 14, 2013 as per ACS assessment last June 2019 and same pa din ang last company ko. Supposedly it will be 8yrs na yung work exp ko kahapon Feb 14, 2021.

Bakit hindi naupdate automatically yung points ko to 15? as I checked 10pts pa din yung nacount ni immi. Or ilang araw po ba bago magreflect yung updated points? Thanks!

Hindi kasama ang gaps between your employment sa count kahit ilang araw lang pagitan. Meron ba? Eksakto sa araw mag bilang ang EOI. :)

DIY all the way. Avoid preachy, know-it-all, and unscrupulous agents AT ALL COSTS!

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." - Les Brown

261312 (Developer Programmer) - Main | 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) - Wife

189 (95), 190 (100)

14 Nov | BIG MOVE
    01 Nov | HIRED | First day of work. Remote working arrangement from SG
    --- Trying my luck at job hunting while in Singapore and BM planning on the side ---
    19 Apr | Direct Visa Grant | What a journey... JUST GRATEFUL!

2022 - Pandemic Eases Off

17 Nov | Medical Test Clearance
    15 Nov | Medical Test
    03 Nov | EOI #4, #6 | 189 Withdrawn, 190 NSW Withdrawn
    03 Nov | Visa Application | 190 VIC --- THE REAL WAITING GAME BEGINS!!!
    31 Oct | ITA | 190 VIC | never thought this day would come!!! T.T good decision to defer NSW nomination.
    27 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 NSW --- sabi nila, when it rains, it pours!!!
    26 Oct | Nomination Application | 190 VIC
    26 Oct | Pre-ITA | 190 VIC --- one step closer, sa wakas, PADAYON!!!
    21 Oct | EOI #4, #5 + ROI, #6 DoE | 189, 190 VIC, 190 NSW
    21 Oct | ACS Assessment (Wife) Renewal - Suitable
    xx Mar| EOI#1, #2, #3 | 189 Expired, 190 NSW Expired, 190 VIC Expired

2021 - Pandemic Still

25 Sep | ACS Assessment (Main) Renewal - Suitable
    01 Feb | EOI#4 DoE | 189

2020 - Pandemic

19 Aug | EOI#1, #2, #3 DoE | 189, 190 NSW, 190 VIC
    30 Jul | NAATI CCL Online Test | Result: Passed
    09 Mar | PTE (Wife) | Results: L90 R80 S90 W82 (Superior)
    19 Feb | PTE (Main) | Results: L90 R83 S90 W82 (Superior)
    12 Feb | ACS Assessment (Wife) - Suitable | Expired

24 Oct | ACS Assessment (Main) - Suitable | Expired

--- Tons of research, document collection and other necessary preparations ---
    01 Sep | The Beginning | Had the chance to visit Oz, and immediately fell in love with it!

• coolitz_12coolitz_12 Philippines

@_sebodemacho said:

@coolitz_12 said:
    hi question lang po.

Hindi kasama ang gaps between your employment sa count kahit ilang araw lang pagitan. Meron ba? Eksakto sa araw mag bilang ang EOI. :)

Bali 1st job ko po yan and may mga 1 week gap before ako nagstart sa 2nd job ko and same sa 3rd (current) job ko. Bali if bibilangin 2 weeks gap. Ang bilang ba is yung mga dates na pinasok mo talaga?