Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Changing migration agent

helloiamalexahelloiamalexa PhilippinesPosts: 54Member

Is it possible to change your migration agent? I'm getting disappointed with my agent (although I've been working towards getting my PR with her for 4 years now). We communicate via e-mail and had a video call once since we started working with each other. Her responses take around 3 days or more sometimes. I noticed that she only replies very quickly when I send in payments for new services. But besides that it takes a long time to receive any reply from her. She doesn't send in any updates at all like she used to years ago so I have to do research on my own. I'm frustrated with how things are going with skilled migration and it frustrates me even more that I think I'm not getting the help that I need with her.

Comments

• nahodoudehanahodoudeha Posts: 18Member

@helloiamalexa said:
    Is it possible to change your migration agent? I'm getting disappointed with my agent (although I've been working towards getting my PR with her for 4 years now). We communicate via e-mail and had a video call once since we started working with each other. Her responses take around 3 days or more sometimes. I noticed that she only replies very quickly when I send in payments for new services. But besides that it takes a long time to receive any reply from her. She doesn't send in any updates at all like she used to years ago so I have to do research on my own. I'm frustrated with how things are going with skilled migration and it frustrates me even more that I think I'm not getting the help that I need with her.

Pwede po.. Future mo ang nakasalalay dyan kaya wala ka pakialam kung ano iisipin nya.

Hanap ka ng Agent na masaya ka service at marunong talaga.

Makinig ka sa akin at huwag ka magtiis sa walang kwentang agent na yan.

Timeline - TSS 482 under MLTSSL

21-04-2018 | IELTS
    25-02-2021 | Offer of Employment
    01-03-2021 | Introduced to me their Migration Agent
    01-03-2021 | Gathering information on how to get an OEC for Direct Hire Employee.
    12-04-2021 | Nomination and Visa Lodgement
    16-04-2021 | Request for additional info (Medical Examination and Australian Police Clearance Check)
    16-04-2021 | Medical Examination Booking and Police Clearance Request
    19-04-2021 | Medical Examination Examination
    14-05-2021 | Police Clearance - Pending
    17-05-2021 | Police Clearance Received
    18-05-2021 | GRANTED!

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@helloiamalexa said:

Generally, yes. Personally, I would prefer DIY specially if you are on-shore as process seems to be straight forward.

If you have any misunderstanding with your current agent. Have a chat with them first. There might be a good reason for them not being to respond the way they used to. They might have more clients than they used to or maybe there's no update at the moment. If after having a sincere chat with them and you feel like you are not getting the service you expect, as long as you are not bound to them legally, you are free to change them.

The PR visa process can surely be frustrating. Most of us who went through the process had their share of frustrations. Just keep an open mind and avoid negativities specially during the visa process. Cheers!

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Jacraye said:

@helloiamalexa said:

Generally, yes. Personally, I would prefer DIY specially if you are on-shore as process seems to be straight forward.

If you have any misunderstanding with your current agent. Have a chat with them first. There might be a good reason for them not being to respond the way they used to. They might have more clients than they used to or maybe there's no update at the moment. If after having a sincere chat with them and you feel like you are not getting the service you expect, as long as you are not bound to them legally, you are free to change them.

The PR visa process can surely be frustrating. Most of us who went through the process had their share of frustrations. Just keep an open mind and avoid negativities specially during the visa process. Cheers!

I agree. Highly likely you’re not being updated because there is no update. Clients contact us everyday asking for updates. The process alone is very complex, sadly it’s easy to blame agents for the slow progress when in reality it’s also beyond us. One thing to be mindful of is that using an agent also doesn’t guarantee a faster process. The advantages would be things like less likely to make mistakes (which delays the process), decision ready applications are submitted, inputs on how to best approach the case and so on.

To answer your question, yes, you can always change your migration agent. No one is compelled to stick with any agent. Complete a 956form and send it to them to sign. Check your contract for any termination fees. Also, be aware that you are entitled to refund for the services that were not rendered.

Hope that helps :)