Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Applying Australian Citizenship with an Expired Phil Passport

ChubmoksChubmoks Oak ParkPosts: 53Member

Hello Po!
We're planning to apply po na sana for AU citizenship. Oks lang ba to send an application with an expired Phil Passport? Na mislook ko as I thought 2021 pa expiry. Hirap ksi ngaun renew dahil sa Covid. Thanks po.

Comments

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!
    We're planning to apply po na sana for AU citizenship. Oks lang ba to send an application with an expired Phil Passport? Na mislook ko as I thought 2021 pa expiry. Hirap ksi ngaun renew dahil sa Covid. Thanks po.

check the other thread about au citizenship i think it was mentioned na OK lng, just double check and back read

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

@Chubmoks, if I remember correctly, the application form for citizenship does not mention that you cannot use an expired passport. However, imo, the intent therein is to provide valid documents as proof to whatever is required in the citizenship process. An expired passport might not be considered as a valid document. Better contact home affairs (131 880) to clarify.

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• ChubmoksChubmoks Oak Park

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

check the other thread about au citizenship i think it was mentioned na OK lng, just double check and back read

Thanks buddy. Na check ko with other forums din and was fine. Submitted na rin. Salamat

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

Thanks buddy. Na check ko with other forums din and was fine. Submitted na rin. Salamat

all the best, update us sa journey mo for citizenship.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

@Chubmoks, if I remember correctly, the application form for citizenship does not mention that you cannot use an expired passport. However, imo, the intent therein is to provide valid documents as proof to whatever is required in the citizenship process. An expired passport might not be considered as a valid document. Better contact home affairs (131 880) to clarify.

I called them already and the person I spoke with wasn't sure too:(
    I proceeded in filling up the form and won't allow me to proceed with an expired passport but that if you tick 'yes' to the question 'does the applicant have a current passport'. I did tick 'no' on that and instead tick 'yes' on the other question 'other travel passports and documents' which the expired passport is accepted.

Hopefully no issues with it. I'd checked the Indian Forum and the cases they had there are mostly an expired passport right after they lodged their application and was ok.

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

I proceeded in filling up the form and won't allow me to proceed with an expired passport but that if you tick 'yes' to the question 'does the applicant have a current passport'. I did tick 'no' on that and instead tick 'yes' on the other question 'other travel passports and documents' which the expired passport is accepted.

Hopefully no issues with it. I'd checked the Indian Forum and the cases they had there are mostly an expired passport right after they lodged their application and was ok.

i also called131 881

the lady said, if youre eligible for citizenship now and passport is about to expire, you can apply for citizenship before your passport expires, and if on the test date, your passport already expired, there's no issue, just bring the expired passport with you.

Jacraye

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

lady also said the webpage never mentioned that you need a "valid" passport, so valid passport is not a requirement, however, if you need to travel outside australia and your passport has expired, that would be a different issue.

Jacraye

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

Almost 6 months now and the application status still not changed! Patiently waiting po:-)

Our friend juat had their test last month, with application submitted January 2020:-( 11 months of waiting hehehe anticipate ko due to Covid, baka 18 months na aantayin hehehe

Update ko agad dito when may updates na sa status ng application namin:-)

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

Almost 6 months now and the application status still not changed! Patiently waiting po:-)

Our friend juat had their test last month, with application submitted January 2020:-( 11 months of waiting hehehe anticipate ko due to Covid, baka 18 months na aantayin hehehe

anong state/city ka?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

anong state/city ka?

Victoria po (Melbourne)

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

anong state/city ka?

Victoria po (Melbourne)

any pdate?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Captain_A said:

@Chubmoks said:

@Jacraye said:

@Chubmoks said:
    Hello Po!

how did you go?

anong state/city ka?

Victoria po (Melbourne)

any pdate?

Still waiting po🙂🙂🙂

Just an update, did our test already today and got the approval as well. Expired passport is ok to be used during application.

• lack14lack14 Melbourne

@Chubmoks said:
    Just an update, did our test already today and got the approval as well. Expired passport is ok to be used during application.

Hi, saw this thread and I am on the same situation. I am applying citizenship for me, my wife and 2 kids. my daugher's passport is about to expire next month so the system is still allowing me to enter her passport details. I am presuming based on your experience that this should be ok? :) all of our other passports wont expire until next year.

262112 ICT Security Specialist

30.07.17 ACS Skills Assessment lodged
    22.08.17 PTE (L89/R90/S90/W90)
    04.09.17 ACS Assessment done
    07.09.17 EOI lodged (189, 190, 489)
    19.09.17 Invitation to apply (189)
    02.10.17 Visa lodge
    07.10.17 Medical
    23.11.17 DG
    15.12.22 Citizenship Approval
    30.08.23 AU Pledge

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@lack14 said:

@Chubmoks said:

Hi, saw this thread and I am on the same situation. I am applying citizenship for me, my wife and 2 kids. my daugher's passport is about to expire next month so the system is still allowing me to enter her passport details. I am presuming based on your experience that this should be ok? :) all of our other passports wont expire until next year.

Applying for citizenship with expired passport is ok. You will only need to update your immi details (if still in the process of citizenship) when you have received your new passport.

lack14

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• lack14lack14 Melbourne

@Jacraye said:

@lack14 said:

@Chubmoks said:

Hi, saw this thread and I am in the same situation. I am applying citizenship for me, my wife and 2 kids. my daugher's passport is about to expire next month so the system is still allowing me to enter her passport details. I am presuming based on your experience that this should be ok? :) all of our other passports wont expire until next year.

Applying for citizenship with expired passport is ok. You will only need to update your immi details (if still in the process of citizenship) when you have received your new passport.

Thanks @Jacraye I will do that.

262112 ICT Security Specialist

30.07.17 ACS Skills Assessment lodged
    22.08.17 PTE (L89/R90/S90/W90)
    04.09.17 ACS Assessment done
    07.09.17 EOI lodged (189, 190, 489)
    19.09.17 Invitation to apply (189)
    02.10.17 Visa lodge
    07.10.17 Medical
    23.11.17 DG
    15.12.22 Citizenship Approval
    30.08.23 AU Pledge