Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Refund from Respall

OzstrayaOzstraya Philippines Posts: 17Member

Hi, has anyone here tried to get a refund from agency (e.g. Respall since papers are expiring, and offshore nominatin / invitations are still closed for 189/190? Thank you

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,689Member, Administrator, Moderator

Technically you should be entitled for refund for services not rendered as per our code of conduct

Admin
  • AdminAdmin Singapore

@Ozstraya said:
    Hi, has anyone here tried to get a refund from agency (e.g. Respall since papers are expiring, and offshore nominatin / invitations are still closed for 189/190? Thank you

but would suggest to thread carefully. I don't want to say anything. please update us on how it goes with your case :)

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
    2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
    2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
    2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
    2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
    2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
    2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
    2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
    2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
    2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
    2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
    2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
    2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
    2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
    2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
    2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
    2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
    2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

• OzstrayaOzstraya Philippines

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    Technically you should be entitled for refund for services not rendered as per our code of conduct

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Thank you for the input! I understand the pandemic is outside of the contract (e.g. offshore invites closed)... maybe it can be a case to case basis

• OzstrayaOzstraya Philippines

@Admin said:

@Ozstraya said:

but would suggest to thread carefully. I don't want to say anything. please update us on how it goes with your case :)

Please message me :) insights would be greatly appreciated!

• engineer20engineer20 Sydney

@Ozstraya are you planning not to pursue applying for AU PR? If yes, contact your agent for refund. Otherwise, contact them to discuss your concerns.

29May2015: Submitted Online Application to VETASSESS (312112 Building Associate)
    02Jun2015: Lodged Date at VETASSESS
    28Aug2015: VETASSESS Assessment Completed (312112 Building Associate) - POSITIVE
    17Oct2015: PTE-A taken at SG
    19Oct2015: PTE-A Result: L-83, R-90, S-76, W-90 OAS-87
    19Oct2015: Submitted EOI Visa 190 (65 points plus SS 5 points if granted)
    19Oct2015: Submitted VIC SS Online Application Visa 190
    20Oct2015: VIC acknowledged SS application and gave Reference Number
    02Nov2015: VIC SS Application Rejected
    05Nov2015: Submitted Online Reassessment to VETASSESS (312212 Civil Engineering Technician) 08Feb2016: VETASSESS Outcome POSITIVE
    07Nov2015: Updated EOI to select NSW (312112)
    18Dec2015: Received NSW SS Invitation Stream 2
    21Dec2015: Lodged NSW SS Application
    12Jan2016: NSW SS Approved / Visa 190 ITA Received
    29Jan2016: SG PCC (Me) / Medical (Me, Wife and Kid)
    01Feb2016: Medicals Cleared
    05Feb2016: Lodged Visa 190
    18Feb2016: NBI Clearance Applied (Me and Wife) - HIT
    29Feb2016: SG PCC (Wife)
    03Mar2016: Collected and Uploaded NBI Clearance
    04Mar2016: Direct Grant
    07May2016: Initial Entry (Sydney)
    16Jul2017: Big Move
    Oct2020: Lodged Citizenship Application
    May2021: Citizenship Interview and Test
    TBA: Citizenship Ceremony

edited July 2021

@Ozstraya said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Thank you for the input! I understand the pandemic is outside of the contract (e.g. offshore invites closed)... maybe it can be a case to case basis

Pandemic or no pandemic that’s always the case. All registered agents have to follow the code of conduct or risk being sanctioned. Respall is a reputable agent so I’m pretty sure he follows the code. We agents work like lawyers/doctors where we can’t charge in advance. We have to render the service first so whatever money you have given in advance gets deposited into our clients account. We are not allowed to take money from it until after we render a service. As you know the entire process is in stages so each service we provide, we need to issue an invoice so we can take the fee for that service from the clients account. In the event that client decides to terminate the contract for whatever reason, the money left in the account for the service not rendered shall be returned to the contract.

For further info on the code of conduct, refer to link below. All agents are required to provide this to the client at the initial correspondence with all prospective clients so I’m certain you would have given this document as we are required to do so but probably you most likely didn’t pay much attention to it like most of our prospective clients. I always have to insist/remind them to read it so they know what to expect from us from a professional and ethical perspective.

https://www.mara.gov.au/tools-for-registered-agents/code-of-conduct

Hope this clarifies things for you.

odwightAdminga2auOzstraya
  • mgraymgray Posts: 38Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Ozstraya said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Pandemic or no pandemic that’s always the case. All registered agents have to follow the code of conduct or risk being sanctioned. Respall is a reputable agent so I’m pretty sure he follows the code. We agents work like lawyers/doctors where we can’t charge in advance. We have to render the service first so whatever money you have given in advance gets deposited into our clients account. We are not allowed to take money from it until after we render a service. As you know the entire process is in stages so each service we provide, we need to issue an invoice so we can take the fee for that service from the clients account. In the event that client decides to terminate the contract for whatever reason, the money left in the account for the service not rendered shall be returned to the contract.

For further info on the code of conduct, refer to link below. All agents are required to provide this to the client at the initial correspondence with all prospective clients so I’m certain you would have given this document as we are required to do so but probably you most likely didn’t pay much attention to it like most of our prospective clients. I always have to insist/remind them to read it so they know what to expect from us from a professional and ethical perspective.

How much po ang fee if mag uuodate ng data sa submitted EOI? If naging superioir po yung pte score ko na previously competent lang.

@mgray said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Ozstraya said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

How much po ang fee if mag uuodate ng data sa submitted EOI? If naging superioir po yung pte score ko na previously competent lang.

If you’re a client, there’s no charge to update the Eoi. That’s part of the package we do. No point getting an agent just to update you’re Eoi. That’s easily done on SkillSelect.

• mgraymgray Posts: 38Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@mgray said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@Ozstraya said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

If you’re a client, there’s no charge to update the Eoi. That’s part of the package we do. No point getting an agent just to update you’re Eoi. That’s easily done on SkillSelect.

Thank you

• cloud8cloud8 Posts: 4Member

@RheaMARN1171933 hi ms rhea! I also paid respall an initial fee to engage their service. I just want to ask if it’s possible to refund the initial fee since I have decided to go through the visa process on my own. Respall haven’t really done anything for me. Only collected the documents for skills assessment but I didn’t push through with their services anymore because I feel they are very slow in responding queries and not really addressing my concerns . Respall wasn’t aware too that I did the visa application myself and already received the grant. I don’t want the initial fee to go to waste if I can refund it. Please advice. Thanks!

@cloud8 said:
    @RheaMARN1171933 hi ms rhea! I also paid respall an initial fee to engage their service. I just want to ask if it’s possible to refund the initial fee since I have decided to go through the visa process on my own. Respall haven’t really done anything for me. Only collected the documents for skills assessment but I didn’t push through with their services anymore because I feel they are very slow in responding queries and not really addressing my concerns . Respall wasn’t aware too that I did the visa application myself and already received the grant. I don’t want the initial fee to go to waste if I can refund it. Please advice. Thanks!

Unfortunately I do not represent Respall’s office. The contract is between yourself and his company. It would be unethical for me to comment further.