Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Medical finding : Autism

javelinejaveline MelbournePosts: 2Member
Hello. I am on a student visa living in Victoria for 1.5years with my spouse and 2 kids. I am planning to file for Independent skilled visa by 2017. Pasok kami sa points mag-asawa pero may findings ng mild austism ang panganay kong 7yo.

He is non-verbal but everything is normal. Sabi nga nila speech delay lang kasi well-functioning sya like any other 7yo. As the years goes by,ang ganda ng improvement nya esp when we lived here in Australia. Currently he is in grade 2 in a private school. He has his difficulties but he really does try to cope up. He understand things, he cant just verbalise most words.

I know the medical findings on him will affect our papers. Question is: is autism an automatic disqualification like TB or like other infectious disease? I was told by a lawyer that this does NOT fall under the medical term Intellectual disability which is an automatic ground for paper denial. He said that in these cases,you may present proofs and documents to prove the level of autism. If the govt will not exceed the Threshold of expense ( $30k/year)to be spent for the child,there is a chance na ma-grant ang visa.

For those who had similar experience or personal knowledge of such a situation,i hope you could shed some light. I hope to get some tips. Sana po matulungan nyo ako by sharing some infos dhil 2 po itong bata na bitbit ko. Hindi po tlga madali and nakakatakot. Ang complex lang tlga ng situation namin hndi bsta ordinary filing lang ang mangyayari sa amin, i guess. Thank u.

Comments

• heizeruheizeru Perth
    Hi Javeline. Have you applied for a visa already? Naghihintay rin kami ng medical results ng panganay namin, 2yrs 10months old. May speech delay rin sya. Naassess na ng medical officer ung health results nya pero may hinihingi pa raw na further information from the department according sa status update ng health examinations nya. Sobrang nakakaba lang..
  • mariemmariem Australia
    My son was diagnosed with ASD at age 3 however he is very high functioning kaya Di na Kami nagdeclare about his condition. But since we are here na, We disclosed it to his school and our GP.

Have you started him with speech therapy. My son din got speech delay but the speech therapy was very helpful. He is now 9.

ANZSCO CODE: 261311 - Analyst Programmer (Hubby-Principal applicant)
    28.10.2105 EOI Submitted (75 Points)
    06.11.2015 Received Invitation
    28.11.2015 Lodge Visa Application | Uploaded Documents
    21.03.2016 Praise the Lord! Visa Grant! IED : June 8, 2016
    28.05.2016 BIG MOVE to Sydney!
    22.09.2021 Citizenship Grant
    To God be the glory!

• aja5810aja5810 Melbourne
    @javeline @heizeru ano po update sa inyo?
  • jmyyjmyy Philippines
    edited March 2018
    @javeline @heizeru
    Hello po! Kamusta po ang result ng visa application nyo for the kids?

I also have the same case with you.. we are also planning to move to australia. But my eldest son who is 7 y/o was diagnosed with mild autism. Just like your child he is well functioning like a normal kid. Hindi nga lang talaga sya nagsasalita pa ng maayos.

Please please i hope makakuha ako ng any idea about his case.. if its possible for him to move to australia..

I will really appreciate any feedback..
    Thank you in advance..
  • bonvivebonvive Manila
    I don't think it will affect your case. Autism is not really a sickness but it's something inborn.
  • Melis0315Melis0315 San Juan
    @jmyy kamusta po application nyo naakaffect po ba ang condition pag may autism ang anak kahit mild or high functioning naman po? same po kasi tayo ng case na may autism ang anak, pero temporary visa pa lang po ang application namin at for medical na rin kami, declare nyo ba sa panel physician condition ng anak nyo?
  • nutribunnutribun Quezon City
    Hi yup please any updates po sa mga application nyo? My daughter 3y/o was diagnosed with speech delay and such, sabi ko kasi waiting pa ko for 4 years old bago ko ipa consult sa development pedia. Ung doktora mejo atat na kesyo 3 years old marunong na daw sa ganun.

anyway, worried lang ako na di magrant visa so un. Thanks sa mag aadvise.
  • atejoyatejoy brisbane
    Hi Javeline, My name is Ate Joy would you be able to private message me or give me a call at your convenience and I can refer you to an expert who can shed light in your complex situation.
  • chaychauchaychau Posts: 6Member

@atejoy said:
    Hi Javeline, My name is Ate Joy would you be able to private message me or give me a call at your convenience and I can refer you to an expert who can shed light in your complex situation.

Hello, may I know din po what actions you did for your application? The doctor who diagnosed us says may speech delay din yung daughter ko but hindi pa kami na requestan ng further medical assessment..

• chaychauchaychau Posts: 6Member

@nutribun said:
    Hi yup please any updates po sa mga application nyo? My daughter 3y/o was diagnosed with speech delay and such, sabi ko kasi waiting pa ko for 4 years old bago ko ipa consult sa development pedia. Ung doktora mejo atat na kesyo 3 years old marunong na daw sa ganun.

anyway, worried lang ako na di magrant visa so un. Thanks sa mag aadvise.

Hello po would like to check po kung ano po ang nangyari sa application nyo?