Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Looking for Revit/CAD Drafting Job within NSW

jeneric29jeneric29 SGPosts: 15Member
Hi everyone! I am looking for Drafting Job within NSW. Baka po may opening sa inyo. I will be moving permanently to Australia from SG, I just received my Visa 190 grant. Medyo wala pa po akong idea kung paano magsisimula. Any help and advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• engr.levyengr.levy Manila
    hi Jeneric29, what is your background? My hiring kame kaso Lead drafter. Message me here or in my email [email protected]
  • PinoyMechPinoyMech Philippines

Hi everyone! Do you know any job vacancy in either any of the positions available as Mechanical CAD drafter or Mechanical Design Engineer - HVAC or Mechanical Design Engineer - Water & Used water or Cost estimator located near Sydney?. Almost 4 months na po ako nghahanap ng jobs related to my field of profession here sa Syd pero hindi pa din po ako pinapalad. I'm a 189 visa holder po and Mechanical Engineer by profession with experience in HVAC and Water industry. , I'm also looking for someones advice here or someone with same field of experience as me would be better.

Actually kahit anu po munang job available na meron kayo ioffer basta legit bka pasukin ko na kase nkakapressure nadin po to live here interms of financial ascpect without any source of income. Maraming salamat po sa mkakapagshare!

• lyleeeelyleeee Posts: 2Member

Hi po! I am an Architect currently residing here in the Philippines and am seeking new career opportunities, particularly in the role of BIM Drafting or Modelling in Revit. As someone who is planning to make a similar move down under within the next 2 years either NSW o Victoria, I couldn't help but be curious about your experiences and insights. Gusto ko po sana magwork remotely under a firm para mafamiliarize ko po ang standards at practice beforehand. I would be happy to send my portfolio and resume kung may opening for a remote worker.

I'm all ears for any friendly advice or recommendations you might have for someone like me who is just starting to plan their relocation and career transition to Australia. I applied in Indeed, Seek, and Jobstreet but to no luck have been shortlisted because of work arrangements -- remote work. Maraming salamat po!

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@lyleeee said:
    Hi po! I am an Architect currently residing here in the Philippines and am seeking new career opportunities, particularly in the role of BIM Drafting or Modelling in Revit. As someone who is planning to make a similar move down under within the next 2 years either NSW o Victoria, I couldn't help but be curious about your experiences and insights. Gusto ko po sana magwork remotely under a firm para mafamiliarize ko po ang standards at practice beforehand. I would be happy to send my portfolio and resume kung may opening for a remote worker.

I'm all ears for any friendly advice or recommendations you might have for someone like me who is just starting to plan their relocation and career transition to Australia. I applied in Indeed, Seek, and Jobstreet but to no luck have been shortlisted because of work arrangements -- remote work. Maraming salamat po!

Most Australian employers here look to hire people living locally (and usually PR/citizen status is preferred), as it is better/easier for coordination. Knowledge on standards will come when you actually start working in the firm. Maybe consider looking for PH-based firm that does outsourcing services for Australia? At least until you can figure out your visa to work in Australia.

ConboyboylyleeeeCerberus13fmp_921

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• ga2auga2au NSW

Makikisali narin. If you guys are in need of rendering services, kindly let me know. I do freelancing for computer graphics rendering and animations. 😊

Francis_Padua_21

232412- Illustrator | Total: 65

2018 Oct- Lodged VETASSESS application
    2018 Dec- PTE Test
    2018 Dec- Proficient
    2019 Mar- VETASSESS Positive Outcome
    2019 Jun- Created EOI for NSW
    2019 Jun- Applied SA 489
    2019 Aug- Invitation to apply from SA 489
    2019 Aug- Lodge Visa Application SA 489
    2019 Sep 09- Medical
    2019 Sep 11- Medical deferred
    2019 Oct 19- Start TB treatment
    2019 Oct 21- Pre-invite from NSW 190
    2019 Oct 26- Invitation to apply from NSW Visa 190
    2019 Oct 24- Pre-invite from ACT 190 ( Didn't pursue it because lack of job opportunities)
    2019 Nov 10- Lodge NSW Visa 190
    2020 Jan - Withdrawn Visa 489
    2020 Apr 16- Finished TB treatment ( yey! )
    2020 Jun 08-Sputum results negative
    2020 Jun 12-Panel physician sent emedical ( Awaiting for clearance )
    2020 Jun 23 -Medical Health cleared ( Sa wakas Praise God! )
    2020 Jun 23 -Frontload Form 815_Health undertaking
    2022 Aug 22 - CO Contacted me for new Medicals, PCC and Form 80
    2022 Sept 7 - Uploaded requested documents.
    2022 Nov 25- Golden Grant!

• lyleeeelyleeee Posts: 2Member

@athelene said:

@lyleeee said:

Most Australian employers here look to hire people living locally (and usually PR/citizen status is preferred), as it is better/easier for coordination. Knowledge on standards will come when you actually start working in the firm. Maybe consider looking for PH-based firm that does outsourcing services for Australia? At least until you can figure out your visa to work in Australia.

Thank you, @athelene. I appreciate your response. At the moment, finding a job that does outsourcing jobs for Australia is hard, but I'm sure I can land a job anytime soon. If it isn't too much trouble, may I ask how was your journey as a Filipino Architect moving to Australia? Did you work on jobs that render services to Australian jobs as well?

• RoryDickersonRoryDickerson Posts: 7Member

Congrats on your Visa 190 grant and your move to NSW! I can imagine it's exciting yet daunting to start fresh in a new country. When I moved to a new place, I found that exploring side gigs really helped me transition smoothly. Whether it's freelance drafting work or other remote opportunities, they can provide some stability as you settle in.

@RoryDickerson said:
    Congrats on your Visa 190 grant and your move to NSW! I can imagine it's exciting yet daunting to start fresh in a new country. When I moved to a new place, I found that exploring side gigs from home really helped me transition smoothly. Whether it's freelance drafting work or other remote opportunities, they can provide some stability as you settle in.

You can ask me in pm about it

Oh, I see no one answered... But let me add
    Job hunting can be a real struggle, especially when you're in a new place and feeling the financial pressure. It sounds like you've got some solid experience in Mechanical Engineering, which is awesome! While I can't offer you a job myself, have you considered freelancing or taking on some short-term gigs to make money fast in a day? Sometimes there are opportunities for freelancers to do CAD drafting or design work on a project-by-project basis. It might not be a permanent solution, but it could help tide you over until you find something more permanent.

fmp_921