Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Should I do Health Exam now or wait for s56?

Hello po,

I just want to ask if I should do medicals now or should I wait for s56? I just lodged my 190 visa application yesterday. Under Health Assessment it says:

""This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Organise health examinations.

Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused.""

I can now generate my eMedical Referral Letter also. But there is no deadline stated anywhere. Should I do my health exam now or wait for the s56 from CO? Mahal kasi nang exam sayang kung i.redo.. Thank you po!!!!

Ozdrims

Comments

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

@jamperater said:
    Hello po,

I just want to ask if I should do medicals now or should I wait for s56? I just lodged my 190 visa application yesterday. Under Health Assessment it says:

""This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.

Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
    Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused.""

I can now generate my eMedical Referral Letter also. But there is no deadline stated anywhere. Should I do my health exam now or wait for the s56 from CO? Mahal kasi nang exam sayang kung i.redo.. Thank you po!!!!

Congratulations 🥂
    Medicals is not tied to any deadlines but it is up to the applicant discretion. If you have not carried out any upon CO assigned to you, an S56 can mean you have to get it done within a stipulated time frame . Let’s say you have deferred doing it, it will save you up the cost upfront, but is subject to S56 - so the amount of that time considering everything is all normal the timeline is nowhere 1.5 months to as long as 6months after S56 is issued .
    If medicals gone the wrong way and you have to take treatments that will also eat up time to clear it.

There are pros and cons of doing the health exams earlier / upfront but will save you longterm once you factor-in the possibilities.

Again it is up to you. Just choose wisely.

mathilde9jamperaterera222casssieConboyboyfmp_921samisumi20

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English) |NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023: results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023: Medicals completed

xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• era222era222 Philippines
    edited February 15

@Ozdrims said:

@jamperater said:
    Hello po,

Congratulations 🥂
    Medicals is not tied to any deadlines but it is up to the applicant discretion. If you have not carried out any upon CO assigned to you, an S56 can mean you have to get it done within a stipulated time frame . Let’s say you have deferred doing it, it will save you up the cost upfront, but is subject to S56 - so the amount of that time considering everything is all normal the timeline is nowhere 1.5 months to as long as 6months after S56 is issued .
    If medicals gone the wrong way and you have to take treatments that will also eat up time to clear it.

There are pros and cons of doing the health exams earlier / upfront but will save you longterm once you factor-in the possibilities.

Also, medical results have a 12-month expiration. On the off chance that your application exceeds 12 months, you could get asked to repeat it. So:

Option A: Do medicals now

• Saves you a possible s56, which could make application processing quicker kasi complete na application mo (note: could, so no guarantee, but this is what usually happens)
    • If you catch any irregularities, you can go for treatment while waiting
    • Upfront cost for a possible benefit, but with risk of paying again if your medical expires

Option B: Wait for s56 request for medicals

• Spend only once needed
    • You'll have to wait for a case officer to request for your medicals, so that dependency in general in my opinion could delay your application (note: could)
    • If you catch any irregularities, you'll have to further lengthen processing of your application
    • Pay later so the benefit is no upfront costs

Cost-benefit/risk-reward analysis wisely! :)

Ozdrimscasssiefmp_921Isaiah2408

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,755Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Ozdrims said:

@jamperater said:
    Hello po,

Congratulations 🥂

I always advice clients to hold off medical and police clearances as these are time sensitive documents which are only valid for 12 months. Timing is crucial. Since no one knows how long the decision will take, to save on not having to re-do these clearances, then the option would be to wait for s56 letter.

• ConboyboyConboyboy Sa puso mo

In the interest of making sure our medicals are cleared, we went ahead to have our medicals done. We prefer to get these out of the way so that we can "focus" on the waiting game alone.

There are many stories where they did not have any prior history or exposure of TB but after the medicals, they would need to do additional treatments. (Pag minalas or kapag may "nakita" na TB cloud sa x-ray) I would rather address those NOW rather than wait for an S56 and clear it within a few months of taking medications.

It depends on what you value. We value peace of mind kaya we went ahead. So far looking at the timelines, wala naman napapa ulit na medicals na UNLESS you have used it elsewhere (student visa/ other visa etc), tapos recycled for the skilled visa (meaning it doesnt have the full 1year validity).

For PCC peanuts lang mag renew, as a matter of fact, I have obtained my PCC from SG and NBI. Will be standing by these docs in the coming weeks.

HTH.

era222fmp_921Ozdrimsmathilde9samisumi20Isaiah2408