Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Possible salary

merc2013merc2013 PerthPosts: 66Member
edited April 2013 in Other Migration Topic
Hi to all. $36 per hour, is this a good and liveable salary in Oz?

Comments

• TotoyOZresidentTotoyOZresident Posts: 1,335Member, Moderator
    Hi to all. $36 per hour, is this a good and liveable salary in Oz?

Is that include superannuation? kung hindi include ang superannuation, kunin mo na. Ang annual mo ay AUD6480 not bad. Okay yan for single person.

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."
    'Success is when you finished what you have started."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM
    Where: 53 Georgina Crescent, Kaleen ACT 2617
    (Back of Kaleen Shopping Centre)
    For more information, please PM me or visit

http://jilcanberra.org.au

"To God be the glory"

• merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Super is not included. AUD84240 annually. But I intend to bring my family.....
  • LittleBoyBlueLittleBoyBlue North Ryde
    That's good enough, kung Sydney sakto lng yan. Mkakuha k nman child benefits, tsaka maka-sideline lng asawa mo ok na.

ICT Business Analyst - Visa 189 Granted Oct 2012

• vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    how much ang net nyan a month on the average with wife and 1 child?

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

Hi Mercy,

Okay ang Salary mo. Kunin mo na every year naman tumataas ang sahod dipende sa performance mo. Staka first company mo yan dito sa Ozzie so puede ka lumipat at makipag negotiate ng malaking sahod sa susunod na company na papasukan mo. Kailangan may trabaho ang husband mo para magaan gaan ang pagbayad ng renta ng house. Anu pala Visa mo?

Quotes:
    "Wise men learn from their mistakes, but wiser men learn from the mistakes of others."

If you’re looking for Church in Canberra ACT Australia and you want to fellowship with Christian Filipino Australian.
    Come and join us in Jesus Is Lord Church Canberra service every Sunday at 10:30AM to 12:30PM

"To God be the glory"

• merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Hi Mercy,

Okay ang Salary mo. Kunin mo na every year naman tumataas ang sahod dipende sa performance mo. Staka first company mo yan dito sa Ozzie so puede ka lumipat at makipag negotiate ng malaking sahod sa susunod na company na papasukan mo. Kailangan may trabaho ang husband mo para magaan gaan ang pagbayad ng renta ng house. Anu pala Visa mo?
    Hi TotoyOZresident,

Ginawa mo kong girl ah, oks lang. On 457 visa. I don't want my wife to work on the first year hanggang di pa kami adjusted. If I will include ot, which am sure meron, aabot ng 110k plus other allowances.

Siguro an lalaki ng mga sahod nyo!
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    @merc2013 for a family of 3, kayang kaya na yan hehe...kelangan lang maghigpit konti sa rent kasi yan ang magiging masakit sa budget, pero pag nagawan niyo ng paraan yan, kasyang kasya ang $80k+ per annum dyan hehe
  • nfrondanfronda Perth
    @merc2013.. Malaki na yan pra sa 457 visa. Sa pgkakaalam q minimum na sahod ng 457 visa is $26.80 lg. Mbuti kpa nga at $36 agad ang offer sau. Ung papa q 457 visa din dati den offer sa knya $26 per hr lg, nasa remote area pa kmi, ang mamahal ng mga bilihin at upa sa bahay. Pro ok namn, nkaraos dn kmi. Un nga lg nkapgtrabaho kmi agad ng 3 kng kpatid d2. Kya nka2long dn..

06-01-11: Arrived Australia (457 visa dependent on my dad)
    28-05-12: Lodged RSMS 857 visa (seperate from my dad already)
    28-06-12: Done Medical check
    30-10-12: Submit AFP check
    07-11-12: Went home on a bridging visa B for holiday and wedding..:)
    12-01-13: CO allocated and nomination approved
    18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.
    27-02-13: Hubby applied Subclass 676 tourist visa.
    06-03-13: Hubby's tourist visa approved.
    16-03-13: Hubby arrived Australia.
    18-03-13: Our RSMS 857 visa granted.. (nothing to ask more)

• WallabyWallaby Sydney
    edited April 2013
    The current National minimum wage in Australia is $606.40 per week, calculated on the basis of a week of 38 ordinary hours, or $15.96 per hour.

Your salary is more than enough but then again it all boils down to your lifestyle. Kahit gaano pa kalaki yan and if maluho ka naman hindi din yan sapat. Walang sasapat sa lifestyle na puno ng luho.

My first salary here, that's 2 years ago, is just $30k per year excluding super annuation. I accepted it because I was already desperate to get a job after more than a month of looking. It was not related to my profession but it provided me more than my basic needs. With that salary, I was able to fend for myself, rented a place for $200/week, sent money back home monthly, paid my credit cards, had some leisure activities like eating out and movies, bought some gadgets, and saved up for my vacation back home. Our difference is single ako. My point is depende sa iyo yan kung paano mo e budget.

I can honestly say na more than enough na yan, in fact for your first job here, that's already considered lucky.

I have been wondering if yong ibang nag comment dito ay may maluhong lifestyle, mayayabang or just plain lucky to have started working with a salary higher than what you are about to receive.

I know a lot of people living here for more than a decade already who are receiving just half of your possible salary but are enjoying decent lives.

And for the record, I live in Sydney which is more expensive than the other cities in Australia.

PS. Do not include OT in the computation of your income dahil bihira ang OT dito.
  • nfrondanfronda Perth
    @Wallaby.. Agree aq sayo. By the way, ang $15.96 per hr ba minimum wage na yan sa buong australia or sa city lg?? D2 ksi smin sa Broome WA which is remote area ang 15.96 is pra sa mga junior lg. Ung sa mga above 18 namn minimum is $20 yata.. I'm not really sure pro yan ang pgkakaalam q. Mahal din mga bilihin d2 samin, the fact that sobrang layo kmi city. 3hrs ride in the plane papuntang perth.. buti na lg wlang mga malls d2.so sa savings pumupunta ung sahod...

18-01-13: CO asked documents of my husband to be included on my application as migrating dependent..Thank u LORD!
    15-02-13: Husband completed all requirements (police check, medical, english requirements and joint statement)
    15-02-13: CO issued pre-grant letter instructing hubby to apply tourist visa to enter Australia in order our 857 visa to be granted.

• merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Thanks LokiJr and nfronda. @Wallaby I agree with your comment. I might be lucky to be offered that salary compared to others and yourself, how to live and enjoy will defend on my lifestyles.

OT was mentioned on my interview and if I want it can work every Saturday.
    edited April 2013
    Hi Mercy,

Hi TotoyOZresident,

Ginawa mo kong girl ah, oks lang. On 457 visa. I don't want my wife to work on the first year hanggang di pa kami adjusted. If I will include ot, which am sure meron, aabot ng 110k plus other allowances.

Siguro an lalaki ng mga sahod nyo!
    Hi Mercy,

Kapirangot lang ang sahod ko mate, ang dami ko ngang utang na eh pero ayus lang kasama sa tagumpay yan eto nga nalampasan ko rin ang pagsubok kasi Citizen na ako :D ayuss!!! yeheyy...

Maganda ang offer sayo for 457 pero you have to clarify to your employer kung ilang years ang contract mo at kung payag sila na sponsor ka for Permanent Resident. Yun ang importante i clarify mo mabuti. Hindi biro ang 457 working visa kaya basahin mo maige ng 2000 times ang Contract mo.

You have to ask kung sagot ba nila ang 2 weeks accomodation mo while looking for permanent accomodation. Ask also kung sagot ng company ang health insurance mo.

Kapag working visa. Hawak ka ng company mo. Kung hindi maganda perfomance mo at hindi sila masaya sa ginagawa mo. Anytime puede ka pabalikin ng employer sa pinas. Okay ang Australian employer kapag sinabi nila gagawin nila. May isa silang salita pero you have to show them na hindi sila nagkamali sa pagkuha sayo.

Kung regional area ka after one year puede kana mag apply ng Permanent resident pero dapat sponsor ka ng employer mo. Kung hindi naman regional, after two years dun ka lang puede mag apply ng Permanent resident pero sponsor pa rin ng employer.

Libre naman ang primary at secondary school for your kids. Pero dahil 457 working visa wala kayong matatangap na assistance sa government. Puede mag work ang misis mo. Basta tyaga muna at tiis, kasama sa tagumpay yan. Attend kayo sa Church na may filipino para may moral support at para di kayo malungkot kapag nandito na kayo. Pero piliin nyo rin ang magiging ka close nyo :D hehe...

457 ako dati mayt. Just a reminder 457 working visa is a temporary visa. Goodluck and God bless... Cheers "ozzie ozzie ozzie oi oi oi" :D

Quotes:

"To God be the glory"

• WallabyWallaby Sydney
    @nfronda, that's the current national minimum wage so that is true for all places in Australia. You can check it from Fair Work Australia's website.
  • nfrondanfronda Perth
    @Wallaby..ahh ganun ba?? Thanks for the info..

• icebreaker1928icebreaker1928 Sydney
    ang swerte mo naman kung ganyan sahod mo.. baka ako 10yrs pa bago maging ganyan sahod ko huhuhu...
  • fayefaye North Ryde
    @merc2013 malaki na nga offer sau usually nakikita ko sa posting eh 20 to 25 AUD per hour lng

Skilled – Family Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)
    Nominated Occupation: CHEMIST 2111-11
    11/MAY/2011 - IELTS Exam
    20/JUNE/2011 - Lodged Online Visa Application
    15/FEB/2012 - CO Allocation
    26/JUNE/2012 - VISA GRANTED! Thank you Lord!
    11/APR/2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    10/MAR/2013 - Arrived in Sydney :)

• merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Thanks to all. Di nyo lang alam mahirap job ko....hehehe. I might get more but I have to sweat more.
  • stolich18stolich18 Sydney
    Hi merc2013 sang industry ka po if you dont mind me asking...

261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3

• merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Hi merc2013 sang industry ka po if you dont mind me asking...
    Railway. Galing ako sa LRT dati...
  • vhoythoyvhoythoy Melbourne
    The current National minimum wage in Australia is $606.40 per week, calculated on the basis of a week of 38 ordinary hours, or $15.96 per hour.

Your salary is more than enough but then again it all boils down to your lifestyle. Kahit gaano pa kalaki yan and if maluho ka naman hindi din yan sapat. Walang sasapat sa lifestyle na puno ng luho.

My first salary here, that's 2 years ago, is just $30k per year excluding super annuation. I accepted it because I was already desperate to get a job after more than a month of looking. It was not related to my profession but it provided me more than my basic needs. With that salary, I was able to fend for myself, rented a place for $200/week, sent money back home monthly, paid my credit cards, had some leisure activities like eating out and movies, bought some gadgets, and saved up for my vacation back home. Our difference is single ako. My point is depende sa iyo yan kung paano mo e budget.

I can honestly say na more than enough na yan, in fact for your first job here, that's already considered lucky.

I have been wondering if yong ibang nag comment dito ay may maluhong lifestyle, mayayabang or just plain lucky to have started working with a salary higher than what you are about to receive.

I know a lot of people living here for more than a decade already who are receiving just half of your possible salary but are enjoying decent lives.

And for the record, I live in Sydney which is more expensive than the other cities in Australia.

PS. Do not include OT in the computation of your income dahil bihira ang OT dito.
    Yan din naisip ko kaya napatanong ako kung magkano matitira kung kasama wife and 1 anak. Given my experience in Philippines and SG, im realistic na around ganyan makukuha kong salary or even much lower. So kung mababa talaga sya, matinding higpit ng sinturon ang aabutin ko at ng family ko.

ANZSCO 221214 - Internal Auditor
    19 Jan 13 - Academic IELTS Results - passed
    12 July 13 - Vetassess Assessment + Point Test Advice: Positive
    03 Nov 13 - Invitation Accepted 70 points
    19 Dec 13 - Lodged Visa 189
    07 Feb 14 - Visa Granted
    04 Aug 14 - Initial Entry Date requirement
    26 July 14 - Actual IED to Melbourne
    May 2015 - Big Move
    June 2015 - Got a permanent role in Melbourne
    Apr 2016 - Got a contract consultancy role in Melbourne
    May 2016 - Got permanent role and moved to Toowooba, Queensland

And now...... living the life that i have imagined

"A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed" - Ansel Adams

• alexamaealexamae Sydney
    edited April 2013
    Ang laki ng sahod na po nyan..

November 4, 2012 : ACS Assessment Systems Administrator - 262113
    December 08, 2012 : Both take IELTS
    December 18, 2012 : ACS Result Positive
    December 21, 2012 : IELTS Result
    January 10, 2013 : NSW SS Application
    January 10, 2013 : TRA Assessment ICT Customer Support Officer - 313112 (partner's skills)
    March 21, 2013 : TRA Result Positive
    March 22, 2013 : NSW SS acknowledgement email received
    May 16, 2013 : NSW SS Approved
    May 16, 2013 : EOI invite for 190 Visa
    May 24, 2013 : Lodged 190 Visa
    May 25, 2013 : Both Medicals Done (Drs Horne & Chin)
    June 4, 2013 : CO allocated Adelaide GSM Team 7
    June 8, 2013 : Meds Referred to MOC
    June 9, 2013 : Upload forms 80 and 1022
    June 17, 2013 : Upload both NBI Clearances
    June 28, 2013 : Upload both SG PCC
    August 15, 2013 : Visa Grant! Thank you so much Lord!! IED May 29, 2014

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

• stolich18stolich18 Sydney
    Tnx @merc i think ok na po yang sahod na yan, altho wala pa ako sa au hehhehe

261313 (Software Engineer)

Feb.15.2012 - started working on ACS requirements
    Mar.02.2012 - submitted online ACS application and sent documents to ACS via Fedex
    Mar.05.2012 - ACS acknowledged actual documents
    Mar.21.2012 - ACS finalised assessment: Suitable
    Mar.31.2012 - IELTS exam with BC
    Apr.13.2012 - IELTS Results (L:8.5 R:7 W: 7 S: 8 OB: 7.5) Thank you LORD!
    Apr.14.2012 - Lodged 175 Online Application
    Apr.20.2012 - Completed Online Attachments
    May.24.2012 - "Application being processed further"
    May.29.2012 - CO Assigned :-)
    Jun.07.2012 - Uploaded NBI Clearance
    Jun.13.2012 - Medical/Health Requirements Finalised
    Jun.14.2012 - VISA GRANT! Thank you, LORD! :-)
    Jun.07.2013 - Initial Entry Date Deadline
    Apr.28.2013 - Initial Entry (Sydney)
    Jun.28.2013 - Verbal Job Offer (Melbourne)
    Jul.08.2013 - First day of Work and first day of child care for my son (Melbourne)
    Aug.21.2013 - First day of Work in Sydney

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3

• StraderStrader Philippines
    Ung asawa ng friend ko na australian 35aud per hour nga sya.. pero di naman mabigat ang work nya.. so malaki na talaga yang 36aud per hr. ^^ depende lang sa pag.gastos.

Feb. 9, 2017- SS SA application submitted
    Mar. 2, 2017- SS approval (ITA received)
    Mar. 31, 2017- Medical @ nationwide cebu
    Apr. 11- medical cleared (son)
    Apr. 12- Medical cleared (me and my spouse)
    Apr. 14- Visa Lodge
    Apr. 24- CO contact asking for certified copy of passport for my son and my evidence of overseas study. CO Ruth
    Same day - complied all requested docs.
    June 9, 2017- 2nd CO contact- no docs requested (automated email for the delay of visa grant)
    September 13, 2017 - VISA GRANT!!!! CO Ruth- team adelaide
    BM - November 2017
    TYL

• LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    Yung $15 minimum para po saang industry/occupation yan? or general yan?
  • hanzyboyhanzyboy Brisbane
    Para sa akin malaki na yang 36 per hour, tapos may OT pa e di ayos na ayos.. pero yun nga like sabi ng karamihan depende pa din sa lifestyle.. :)
  • li_i_renli_i_ren North Ryde
    Thats my base hourly late as a nurse based on my 7 yrs experience plus plus .. Without penal (working shifts/weekend) plus super. Liveable po yan even us here living sa sydney. U can still save but depende din on lifestyle considering ako pa lng working coz hubby just finished his studies/exam. I have 1 child and hubby just finished his exams as a registered doctor in au.

It is a very good pay na considering just got here in au plus increase every year pa;)

The only other better paying job is being a doctor...kaya super excited job hunting mode na si hubby!! Will semi retire na;) hahahaha!!!!!
  • merc2013merc2013 Perth
    Thats my base hourly late as a nurse based on my 7 yrs experience plus plus .. Without penal (working shifts/weekend) plus super. Liveable po yan even us here living sa sydney. U can still save but depende din on lifestyle considering ako pa lng working coz hubby just finished his studies/exam. I have 1 child and hubby just finished his exams as a registered doctor in au.

It is a very good pay na considering just got here in au plus increase every year pa;)

The only other better paying job is being a doctor...kaya super excited job hunting mode na si hubby!! Will semi retire na;) hahahaha!!!!!
    Thanks li_i_ren. Congrats sa hubby mo, he will be earning 2x of what you're earning now as a doctor. Can doctors in the Phil. work in OZ without further studies?

I'm happy with that hourly rate.
  • NadineNadine Brisbane
    edited April 2013

Thanks li_i_ren. Congrats sa hubby mo, he will be earning 2x of what you're earning now as a doctor. Can doctors in the Phil. work in OZ without further studies?

I'm happy with that hourly rate.
    Nope, certainly not twice as much as what you are "actually" earning @merc2013 :D . Hehe. No, defintely not.

Not for entry-level anyway. Baka yung mga sinasabi niyong high-earners consultant level na. Who have 20-30, even 40 yrs behind them.

Most Pinoy doctors dito kilala ko are entry-level pa lang naman kasi mahaba talaga ang proceso to get full registration. Anywhere from 6-15 years to get that title. Six years if very smart and can finish all exams in one-go. For normal people, 10 years usually from the time you start your journey in Aus. Also, sangkatutak na exams, non-stop assessment and years of experience po kailangan.

21 Dec 2012 - 457 lodged
    7 Jan 2013 - medical finalised
    8 Jan 2013 - visa approved

• WallabyWallaby Sydney
    @LokiJr $15.96 is the general minimum wage for jobs that are not covered by specific awards. You can see the details from this relevant site:

http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/Pages/default.aspx
  • merc2013merc2013 Perth
    edited April 2013
    Hi Nadine. Based on pomsinoz forum yung figures ko for a doctor's salary, around 225k AUD daw. My sister is a doctor kaya naitanong ko lang, she is thinking KSA sabi ko OZ na lang. Ang good thing sa KSA tax free sila.