Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

AdminAdmin SingaporePosts: 1,767Administrator
edited February 2011 in Working and skilled visas
The first thing to do is to see if you qualify on the basic requirements for the General Skilled Migration visa (Sub class 175).

You’re age must be of under 45 years old (current point system - before July 2011).

Proof of good English proficiency is mandatory and most applicants need to qualify by obtaining a certain score in IELTS exam.

Check also if the occupation right now is in Australia’s NEW skilled occupations list (SOL) (launched last July 2010).

If your occupation is in the SOL then briefly verify if you have relevant years of experience for your nominated occupation (see point requirement list at http://www.workpermit.com/australia/general-skilled-migration/points_requirements.htm).

Note: This skills assessment is done by relevant assessment authority in Australia, the assessing body will advise, whether you are or not a suitable candidate for the chosen nominated occupation (e.g. IT prefessionals = Australian Computer Society (ACS))

Again double check the point requirement list if you can obtain 120 or more point.

If you met all the the basic requirement and you think you are able to achieve or surpass the 120 points passing mark, go for skills assessment and take the IELTS exam.

In addition, If you have a spouse, as per the checklist... you can also claim additional points for him/her,

If claiming for spousal points, check whether she/he meets the basic requirements.

If yes, better let him/her take an IELTS test to avoid the secondary payment (check the immi.gov.au FEEs http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/professionals-outside-australia.htm).

The passing mark is set by the Australian government and has the authority to modify it anytime.

If you did not meet the passing mark, review your credentials for other visa category like Sponsored and provisional categories.

You may also seek nomination from ‘Designated Area’ or ‘Regional Australia’ or see if you have any relatives in Australia that might wish to sponsor you for immigration.

2010-06 : Lurker at philippines.com.au (previously the #1 Pinoy Australian Forum)
2010-06 : Started researching on Visa 175 - Target 120pts
2011-08 : Started prev employer document gathering for ACS skill assessment (0/4)
2010-12 : Philippines.com.au went offline and created www.pinoyau.info
2011-03 : 1st child born - AU dream halted
2014-03 : ACS document - 1/5 emp ref completed
2015-01: Promoted at work - AU dream halted
2015-11: ACS document - 1/6 emp ref completed
2016-09: 2nd child born - AU dream halted
2018-09: ACS document - 6/8 emp ref completed
2018-09: Revised all employment references and affidavit from scratch
2019-03: Completed Revised 8/8 emp ref
2019-03: PTE Exam - L59,R75,S62,W64 (no preparation)
2019-07: Favorable Skills Assessment result for Software Eng
2019-11: PTE Exam - L70,R68,S79,W68 (competent only)
2020-02: PTE Exam - L79,R79,S86,W76 (grr lack 3pts on Writing)
2020-03: PTE Exam - L85,R75,S87,W86 (Mar 4 - grr nag increase L, S and W but bumaba 4pts si R!!!!!)
2020-03 PTE Exam - L81 R79 S90 W81 (Mar 9 - Salamat Lord!!!!)

mrs_hopefulcaspersushi24Isla_Jack

Comments

• missmiss Singapore
    Hi. Now lang ako naka log sa site na to, sana nuon ko pa nakita. Pwede pa kaya ako mag apply ng visa if I am turning 40 this year and my hubby 49? I am an architect and PR kami dito sa Singapore.
  • julienmalubagjulienmalubag Posts: 26Member
    hi! i just would like to seek opinions regarding my sister's situation. I would like to know if my sister would have chances to qualify if she nominates pre-primary school teacher as her skill. she graduated bachelor in elementary education but had been teaching pre-school pupils since 2001 (day care teacher for six years and pre-school teacher for 4 years to present). all pupils under her will be enrolling to elementary school as grade 1. she graduated in DMMMSU, La Union (section 2) and she's now 30 y.o.

please enlighten me about this. thank you
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    edited February 2011
    Hi. Now lang ako naka log sa site na to, sana nuon ko pa nakita. Pwede pa kaya ako mag apply ng visa if I am turning 40 this year and my hubby 49? I am an architect and PR kami dito sa Singapore.
    Hi Miss,

kung 49 si hubby mo pasok kayo sa New Point Test,

you can do a quick self assessement using this guide below. just make sure makakakuha kayo ng mataas na points sa ibang criteria, kasi ung 44-49 age ata 0 points but it makes you eligible to apply.

by the way, the new pass mark for the New Point Test will be 65 unlike ung current pass mark na 120

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

Please spare some time to read our "Rules" located at the bottom of the page.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    edited February 2011
    hi! i just would like to seek opinions regarding my sister's situation. I would like to know if my sister would have chances to qualify if she nominates pre-primary school teacher as her skill. she graduated bachelor in elementary education but had been teaching pre-school pupils since 2001 (day care teacher for six years and pre-school teacher for 4 years to present). all pupils under her will be enrolling to elementary school as grade 1. she graduated in DMMMSU, La Union (section 2) and she's now 30 y.o.

please enlighten me about this. thank you
    Hi Julien,

sorry im not familiar with her occupation, na check nyo na ba kung nasa SOL ung occupation nya? kung may item sa SOL na closely realated sa jobs description nya, pwede nya inominate yun as long as mkakapagprovide cya ng proof na un nga ang gingawa nya. age 30 in the new point system is equivalent to 30 points, since education naman line of profession nya i think hindi cya mahihirapan ma-hit ang 8 score sa IELTS (20 points) that will make her 50 points agad, dagdag mo pa yung points para sa "Overseas work experience in nominated occupation or a closely related occupation" and "Qualifications (Australian or recognised overseas)" d malabo maabot nya ung 65 pass mark for the new point system. pls use the attached image on my previous post as guide.

Let me know if there's anything i can do to help

Thanks!

Please contact admin if you need anything from me, I dont often login to this account.

• superyummysuperyummy Posts: 2Member
    hi I am newbie here :) ask ko lang po if may chance na makakuha ng PR after a 2 year course of studying in AU??? or dpt temp visa muna? nursing course po. pls help thanks!
    CarolTapic08
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    @superyummy hi, sorry im not sure kung may visa for your case, kakagrad mo lang dyab sa AU right? i think sa requirements for PR dapat may relevant work experience. but still may edge ka compared sa iba. try to find a work muna dyan then, explore the visa options you can take.

• janesajanesa Sydney
    Hi,

I am about to submit requirements for NIA assessment. I have a few questions:

1) my PRC id just expired (Feb 18, 2011) but when I read the reqts from NIA's website they did not mention that they need the PRC ID; only mentioned they need docs showing that my qualifications so I am submitting my CPA certificate and Board of Ratings.. Tama ba ung understanding ko?
    2) required ba ung certification (as in letter talaga) from the officer certifying the docs? or the 'certified true copy' stamp will do?
    3) how long does the assessment process last?

Appreciate your help/feedback.

Thanks,
    Janesa :D
    @aolee. yes, nasa SOL ung occupation nya. and based sa new point system, malamang maabot nya 65 points (age-30, IELTS-10(conservative estimate), Overseas work experience-15, qualifications-bachelor degree-15)..kung di sya maka-7 sa IELTS, at 6 lang score nya, pwede ko sya i-sponsor as her sister kc i plan to reside sa Victoria and that's 10 points di ba? Paano pala makakuha ng sponsorship from a state or territory government? Do you have any idea about this?
  • mikaela01mikaela01 Sydney
    @superyummy as far as I know, after mo mag aral ng 2 year course sa Australia, you can have a temporary visa, "recognised temporary graduate visa" ang tawag dun.you can stay for 18 months after the student visa expires. but regarding PR ang alam ko you have to apply pa rin, slightly different lang yata kung sa AU ka mag aapply.
    hope this helps!

29 May 2012 - lodged 176 online application
    (Civil Engineer 233211;WA State Sponsored)
    2 June 2012 - CO allocation
    6 June 2012 - PCC uploaded
    8 June 2012 - Medicals
    21 June 2012 - further medical results received
    25 June 2012 - Health requirements finalised
    27 June 2012 - Visa Granted!! To God be the glory!
    19 Aug 2012 - Landed in AU
    Believe in the power of prayers!
    When challenges are so big that we feel our strength is not enough to carry them , keep on going. The extra mile is where the GRACE OF GOD begins.

@janesa 1. I don't know about NIA pero pareho tayo, expired and I have to change my status pa. In my point of view mas maganda if you'll include your PRC license, dagdag points din un. madali lang naman mag renew, makukuha mo rin on the same day ang new ID, though you have to pay P450.00 more kung gusto mo mapabilis. ako I have to wait for a month or two para lang sa ID ko.
    2.certified true copy stamp will do pero kailangan complete ung details ng mag nonotaryo.
    3. 12 weeks ang assessment sa VETASSESS and Engineers Australia. I don't know sa NIA pero my guess is pareho din siguro.

8 June 2012 - Medicals
    When challenges are so big that we feel our strength is not enough to carry them , keep on going. The extra mile is where the GRACE OF GOD begins.

@julienmalubag you need to have a positive skills assessment and IELTS first kase un mostly ang requirement ng mga state for sponsorship, ung iba may financial requirement pang kailangan. here's the link for the state sponsorship http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/nom-state-terr.htm

goodluck!
    berdanmarilou

8 June 2012 - Medicals

@janesa. it took 12 weeks din ung assessment ko sa NIA. and i included my PRC license with certification from PICPA (parang cert of good moral character).
  • superyummysuperyummy Posts: 2Member
    Thanks sa mga replies at sa mga magrereply pa :) goodluck to all :)
    hi! anyone who experienced receiving a positive assessment result from NIA/CPAA/ICAA kahit hindi licensed CPA. ung sister ko kasi hindi sya board passer but has 8 years work experience na in accounting field. possible kaya sya na maassess positively? thanks!
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    Hi guys,

you can try out this NEW POINT system self assessment tool =>

http://www.pinoyau.info/plugin/page/new-point-system

• wondermaewondermae Davao City
    Hi Everyone!

Newbie here. Would like to ask sana kung ibig bang sabihin under Partner skill qualifications -- "my partner can pass skills assessment in an occupation on the applicable Skilled Occupations List for my subclass"-- , eh kelangan rin ba nya magpa-assess muna sa Engineering Body sa australia? Ako ang principal applicant. Kelangan pa rin ba sya magpa-assess like me? Thanks in advance sa mag-advice.
  • examiner30examiner30 Davao City
    Hi wondermae, I think magpapa assess lang siya kng gusto mo magclaim ng additional points. Kung okey naman na ung points mo wag m na lang xa pa assess. I think need nya lang take ng IELTS kasi pag hindi eh magbabayad ka later sa Aust ng tuition nya for english class yata... :)

Moving on...
    God has bigger plans for me than what I have for myself...
    To God be the glory!

Help din po :)

Kasi I passed the CPAA assessment years ago and it was explicitly indicated na valid siya til 2012. Khapon hinahanap ko ung letter ng CPAA sakin nwawala na...huhuhu

Nag stopped kasi ako dun sa processing nung nablessed kami ng hubby ko ng Down Syndrome baby at ang daming nagdidiscourage samin kasi minimal daw ung chance na magrant dahil sa case ng baby ko.

Ngaun Gusto ko siya ituloy ulit kesa naman magsisi ako dahil dko cnubukan. May paraan po ba para makakuha ako ng copy ng assessment ko sa CPAA?

TIA!

Moving on...
    To God be the glory!

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    Hi examiner30,

i think your best chance is to contact cpaaustrali.com , un ang assessing authority mo right?

just prepare the necessary info you need to provide them so they can trace your record.

just incase here's the link to their contact form
    https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/apps/contact/contact.aspx?CPSSessionID=SID-18AED9C6-E4722F4F

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    Hi Everyone!

Newbie here. Would like to ask sana kung ibig bang sabihin under Partner skill qualifications -- "my partner can pass skills assessment in an occupation on the applicable Skilled Occupations List for my subclass"-- , eh kelangan rin ba nya magpa-assess muna sa Engineering Body sa australia? Ako ang principal applicant. Kelangan pa rin ba sya magpa-assess like me? Thanks in advance sa mag-advice.
    Hi wondermae,

yes examiner30 is correct, this is an optional points. but i advise to grab it. yes he needs to pass rin the assessment. :) good luck sa inyo.

thanks aolee! :)

Moving on...
    To God be the glory!

• janesajanesa Sydney
    hi everyone! thanks for all your help. i got my positive assessment from NIA last April 19. I have e-lodged my visa last May 17. Praying that the processing time would be quick lang.. I have a friend who also applied under subclass 175. Case officer contacted her after 7 months for her medical na. She is now waiting for the visa grant. I heard from her ung CPA friend nya dw na single applied din last year. It took 3 months lang dw to finish. Mas mabilis ba pg single?? I recently got married ksi and my husband is included na in my application... So I'm worried na bka mas matagal ang application..
    Thank you pala sa mga reply at advice examiner30 at aolee!
    Hi Everyone!

Hi wondermae,

yes examiner30 is correct, this is an optional points. but i advise to grab it. yes he needs to pass rin the assessment. :) good luck sa inyo.
    grabe pala, just to earn points on partner skills eh kailangan pa ng husband ko to pass IELTS 7 in all L, R, W, S tapos have his civil engineering profession accredited? Matrabaho at magastos! Huhuhu..
  • aoleeaolee Singapore
    @wondermae hehe uu ganun nga. pero wait. based sa old system kung hindi primary si hubby mo parang pagkatanda ko hindi necessary mataas makuha nya sa ielts, not sure on the new point system if partner needs to get higher ielts points.

• chay_bhchay_bh Posts: 3Member
    hi everyone! thanks for all your help. i got my positive assessment from NIA last April 19. I have e-lodged my visa last May 17. Praying that the processing time would be quick lang.. I have a friend who also applied under subclass 175. Case officer contacted her after 7 months for her medical na. She is now waiting for the visa grant. I heard from her ung CPA friend nya dw na single applied din last year. It took 3 months lang dw to finish. Mas mabilis ba pg single?? I recently got married ksi and my husband is included na in my application... So I'm worried na bka mas matagal ang application..
    hello! can you pls tell me what are those requirements that you had submitted in NIA assessment. I'm not a CPA. How many weeks ang assessment nila? Thanks in advance.
  • nathalie06nathalie06 Sydney
    hello po, i'm a newbie and will be applying for subclass 175 (aacountant po) and will be taking my ielts in july. can someone confirm that i need to take the academic instead of general test? according to my friend, academic na daw required and need ko mg ielts before pa-assess, tama po ba?

May 25, 2012 - IELTS results (BC) - L-8; R-8.5; W-7; S-7 OBS- 7.5
    June 15, 2012- Send docs for assessment to CPAA
    June 25, 2012- CPAA assessment results
    June 27, 2012 - Lodged GSM VE 175 online application
    Aug 22,, 2012 - CO Allocated
    Sep 14, 2012 - Medicals Finalized
    Sep 20, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED May 21, 2013) God is Great!!!

• JClemJClem Melbourne
    Hi! Question po on PAYSLIPS. How many months po na payslip ang kelangan isubmit sa DIAC? Ok na po ba yung last 12 months kahit 5 years na sa company?

Nominated Occupation: Software Engineer (261313) - Husband is the primary applicant.

10.21.2012 - Arrived in Melbourne. This is the day that the Lord has made. :)
    03.26.2012 - Visa granted. God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! :)
    03.23.2012 - PCC submitted and medicals finalized
    03.02.2012 - Application being processed further / CO assigned
    06.26.2011 - Lodged Visa 175 application

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    Hi! Question po on PAYSLIPS. How many months po na payslip ang kelangan isubmit sa DIAC? Ok na po ba yung last 12 months kahit 5 years na sa company?
    hi JClem,

nakakita nako ng sme ng question mo dati.

eto buti nahanap ko ung thread sa ibang forum =>

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/67891-payslips-diac.html

Sabi dito depende sa points na ni-declare mo? Only 4 yrs is relevant.
    ginawa nung isang nagsubmit nagsubmit lang cya daw ng latest then isinama nya ung tax staments to for the other yrs. as prof na may trabaho cya. and pina stamp rin nya s company para pruweba.

• aoleeaolee Singapore
    hello po, i'm a newbie and will be applying for subclass 175 (aacountant po) and will be taking my ielts in july. can someone confirm that i need to take the academic instead of general test? according to my friend, academic na daw required and need ko mg ielts before pa-assess, tama po ba?
    Accountant po - academic po ang need nyo i take and valid for 1yr

IT professionals daw po GT.