Hi to All, Please take extra care guys wherever you are, take care of your love ones too. Especially to our friends in Singapore, more being confirmed, and are through community spread, no longer from people who travelled from China. Observe proper hygiene at all times and also monitor our little ones as they often put their hands in their mouth.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

Get an agent or DIY.

AUzhmAUzhm Posts: 4Member
Hi,

Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?

Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?

Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?

TIA

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    AUzhm said:

Hi,

Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?

Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?

TIA

If you have time to read all the processess in applying then you can DIY. Engaging an agent will not increase your possibility of visa approval. It depends on the documents you provide to support your application. Agents are only there to guide you what to do, ask for requirements, etc.
    The total amount you save if DIY is the Agent fee. The amount you spend on English test, skills assessments, visa fee, doc authentication etc. are the same.
  • AUzhmAUzhm Posts: 4Member
    @fgs thanks for that. Any recommended agents though?
  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@AUzhm said:
    Hi,

TIA

no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 1,344Member, Administrator
    @AUzhm @fgs in s> @Captain_A said:
    > @AUzhm said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?
    >
    > Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?
    >
    > Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

Well, it all depends. We’ve got clients who have approached us to fix their messy situations only because they attempted a DIY approach. In the process, they ended up spending more time and money due to honest mistakes.

It’s true, there are times when using an agent won’t increase the possibility of a successful outcome especially for those who have done thorough research and know exactly what to do. However there are a lot out there who think they know what they’re doing only to end up in a messy situation.

Engaging an agent is definitely just an option. We can’t do magic for an applicant who’s got no chance at all with migrating but for sure having one makes the whole process a lot smoother - less mistakes and more peace of mind.

From my personal experience from years back, I was once one of the many skeptics out there with regards to using an agent.I didn’t appreciate the value of a registered agent. I was confident I could do it on my own as I did my student visa by myself but then I found myself with so much confusion in the end. The more information I had the more confusing it got and didn’t know where to start. A friend recommended this agent in Sydney who only charges $1,000 - at that time that was already cheap. I then got the guidance I needed. It was probably fate because I even had no idea about the immigration rules changing back then. My agent made sure I applied for my PR before things got tighter. If I would have not met her I most likely would have not made it to Australia. Since then my perspective On agents changed. Hindi naman pala lahat peperahan ka.

DIY vs agent, definitely a personal choice.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    @AUzhm @fgs in s> @Captain_A said:
    > @AUzhm said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Newbie here. I am thinking kung nakakaaffect ba sa paglaki ng possibility na maging positive ang result ng pag apply nyo ng visa if via agent? Or mas maganda DIY?
    >
    > Also for those that are already or on their way to AU via visa 189 or 190. I would like to know kung sino most recommended agents nyo and more or less how much total expense?
    >
    > Yung mga nag DIY naman, ano naging total expenses nyo?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > no, it will not increase the possibility kasi ikaw pa rin nmn ang kukuha ng english test at documents mo pa din ang gagamitin, they will just guide you along the process

Well, it all depends. We’ve got clients who have approached us to fix their messy situations only because they attempted a DIY approach. In the process, they ended up spending more time and money due to honest mistakes.

It’s true, there are times when using an agent won’t increase the possibility of a successful outcome especially for those who have done thorough research and know exactly what to do. However there are a lot out there who think they know what they’re doing only to end up in a messy situation.

Engaging an agent is definitely just an option. We can’t do magic for an applicant who’s got no chance at all with migrating but for sure having one makes the whole process a lot smoother - less mistakes and more peace of mind.

From my personal experience from years back, I was once one of the many skeptics out there with regards to using an agent.I didn’t appreciate the value of a registered agent. I was confident I could do it on my own as I did my student visa by myself but then I found myself with so much confusion in the end. The more information I had the more confusing it got and didn’t know where to start. A friend recommended this agent in Sydney who only charges $1,000 - at that time that was already cheap. I then got the guidance I needed. It was probably fate because I even had no idea about the immigration rules changing back then. My agent made sure I applied for my PR before things got tighter. If I would have not met her I most likely would have not made it to Australia. Since then my perspective On agents changed. Hindi naman pala lahat peperahan ka.

DIY vs agent, definitely a personal choice.

i agree.
    i am just speaking for those who are like me na hindi talaga financially capable to hire an agent, have time and determination to research, not complicated case and very much eager to try and risk.
    if you are like me, then DIY is better but if you want the process to be smoother and you are capable then agent is a better choice.

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

@AUzhm said:
    Hi,

TIA

@muy_caliente said:

Hi, im also from Sg making our BM by end of march. From what i hear, very expensive ang agents dito sa sg. Yun isa friend ko nag inquire sa aims about 2 years ago and prof fee nila around 10k sgd and need na mag downpayment ng 90%. Agent fee lang yan and does not include yun ibang gastos like visa fee, medical, etc.
    In our case, nag opt kami na kumuha n lng ng agent sa pinas, yun nirecommend ng friend namin na nasa Au na. Since all transactions and communications naman are done online and no real need for a face to face. So it doesnt matter kung sg based or Ph based Or au based yun agent.

for your reference

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant