Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! Time flies fast! We are now embarking to another exciting year! 2021. Again, we only wish you all the best! For those who are in Australia now and still coming back to our site. A very big thank you for your unending support. We have loads of new Features and Stuff for the next Year so please stand by :) To those who've just started their journey, we wish to the best as well on your plans :) .

Filipino Teachers in Australia

1192021222325»

Comments

  • oz_monsteroz_monster Melbourne
    Posts: 27Member
    Joined: Jul 19, 2014

    @Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

    Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

    Saan po papasok ang teachers registration?
    And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

    Thank youuuu po !!!!

    Hi there,

    AITSL is used for skills assessment for Teacher occupations including Early Childhood Teacher (preschool)
    ACECQA - you don't need acecqa unless your nominated occupation is child care centre manager
    Teachers registration - if you want to be a teacher in Australia, you need to register as a Teacher. Each state has their own teacher registration process, requirements and governing body. If you do NOT want to work as a teacher in Australia you do NOT need to register as a teacher.

    Some people only uses the teaching occupation for visa purposes. Once your visa is granted, its up to you whether you want to work as a teacher or do something else. You do not need to work in the same occupation you nominated for visa application.

    High level process:

    IELTS - AITSL - EOI - Invitation - Visa application - Visa grant

    Do your IELTS first and if you pass, then proceed with AITSL

  • oz_monsteroz_monster Melbourne
    Posts: 27Member
    Joined: Jul 19, 2014

    @icomanman said:
    Hi po @rellim115,

    I'm actually amazed sa score nyo po ng IELTS. Pwede po ba maka hingi ng tips or other resources? My wife is also a secondary teacher and we're looking to have her qualifications assessed by AITSL; nakakatakot yung IELTS kasi mataas yung kailangan na score.

    Thank you

    Yes, AITSL requires high IELTS scores for assessment. There are online IELTS review classes.

  • Titania_dyTitania_dy Posts: 6Member
    Joined: Jul 22, 2020

    @oz_monster said:

    @Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

    Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

    Saan po papasok ang teachers registration?
    And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

    Thank youuuu po !!!!

    Hi there,

    AITSL is used for skills assessment for Teacher occupations including Early Childhood Teacher (preschool)
    ACECQA - you don't need acecqa unless your nominated occupation is child care centre manager
    Teachers registration - if you want to be a teacher in Australia, you need to register as a Teacher. Each state has their own teacher registration process, requirements and governing body. If you do NOT want to work as a teacher in Australia you do NOT need to register as a teacher.

    Some people only uses the teaching occupation for visa purposes. Once your visa is granted, its up to you whether you want to work as a teacher or do something else. You do not need to work in the same occupation you nominated for visa application.

    High level process:

    IELTS - AITSL - EOI - Invitation - Visa application - Visa grant

    Do your IELTS first and if you pass, then proceed with AITSL

    Wow that was very informative @oz_monster Thank you very much for the information. Now it’s much clearer to me about the differences between ACECQA, AITSL and Teacher Registration. Thank you for the tips too! Yes I’m reviewing IELTS po at the moment.

  • Alab_ng_PusoAlab_ng_Puso Posts: 3Member
    Joined: Aug 26, 2020

    Hello po fellow teachers!

    I am currently collating my docs for assessment in AITSL and I need help po.

    For those teachers who graduated here in the Philippines, our practice teaching is only 350 hours. May I know how did your assessment go when you submitted your 45 days supervised practice teaching certificate?

    How will they compute the 350hrs? 45 days is equivalent to 1080hrs.

    Please enlighten me here po.
    Thank you in advance!

  • crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 159Member
    Joined: Jul 12, 2018

    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    @crankygrinch said:
    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

    1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    2. File for Skills Assessment from AITSL.
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.
    4. Lodge EOI on skill select.
    crankygrinch
  • crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 159Member
    Joined: Jul 12, 2018

    @msasoler said:

    @crankygrinch said:
    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

    1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    2. File for Skills Assessment from AITSL.
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.
    4. Lodge EOI on skill select.

    Thanks so much 😁

  • crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 159Member
    Joined: Jul 12, 2018

    @msasoler said:

    @crankygrinch said:
    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

    1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    2. File for Skills Assessment from AITSL.
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.
    4. Lodge EOI on skill select.

    Accepted din ba ang PTE for teachers? Hehe

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    @crankygrinch said:

    @msasoler said:

    @crankygrinch said:
    Hello! I'm trying to convince my sister na magtry din mag migrate din sa oz (since mag move na ako don this year). She has a degree in Early Childhood education and has more than 8 yrs of teaching experience (pre-school). Ano pong process ng assessment pag teacher? 😅 Hirap na magbackread. Sa IT po kasi ang inasikaso ko hehe

    1. Take IELTS Academic & gather all requirements of AITSL (TOR, Diploma, Certificate of supervised practice teaching, etc)
    2. File for Skills Assessment from AITSL.
    3. After you get your skills assessment, file for SES (Skilled Employment Statement: you will need COE) from AITSL as well.
    4. Lodge EOI on skill select.

    Accepted din ba ang PTE for teachers? Hehe

    Nope, they only accept IELTS Academic with scores:

    • Minimum of 7.0 for reading
    • Minimum of 7.0 for writing
    • Minimum of 8.0 for speaking
    • Minimum of 8.0 for listening
    crankygrinch
  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

  • JMLJML Posts: 10Member
    Joined: Sep 20, 2020

    Hello po. Post ko lang po tanong ko. Bak sakali may sumagot. Ako po ay BSED sa Pinas, pero ang practice ko po ay mag-manage ng preschool. Kumukuha na po ako ng Master of Educational Management. May chance po ba ako magpa-assess (as a spouse)? For additional points lang po sana. Yong husband ko po talaga ang main applicant.

  • JMLJML Posts: 10Member
    Joined: Sep 20, 2020

    @JML said:
    Hello po. Post ko lang po tanong ko. Baka sakali may sumagot. Ako po ay graduate ng Bachelor of Secondary Education sa Pinas, pero ang practice ko po ay mag-manage ng preschool. Kumukuha na po ako ng Master of Educational Management. May chance po ba ako magpa-assess (as a spouse)? For additional points lang po sana. Yong husband ko po talaga ang main applicant.

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    Hi! For ACECQA, did you have ALL of your documents certified? Thanks! :)

  • Cambridge2020Cambridge2020 Posts: 3Member
    Joined: Oct 24, 2020

    @Alab_ng_Puso said:
    Hello po fellow teachers!

    I am currently collating my docs for assessment in AITSL and I need help po.

    For those teachers who graduated here in the Philippines, our practice teaching is only 350 hours. May I know how did your assessment go when you submitted your 45 days supervised practice teaching certificate?

    How will they compute the 350hrs? 45 days is equivalent to 1080hrs.

    Please enlighten me here po.
    Thank you in advance!

    Im not sure about AITSL, however with ACECQA my 440hrs was considered 89 days.

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    @Cambridge2020 said:

    @Alab_ng_Puso said:
    Hello po fellow teachers!

    I am currently collating my docs for assessment in AITSL and I need help po.

    For those teachers who graduated here in the Philippines, our practice teaching is only 350 hours. May I know how did your assessment go when you submitted your 45 days supervised practice teaching certificate?

    How will they compute the 350hrs? 45 days is equivalent to 1080hrs.

    Please enlighten me here po.
    Thank you in advance!

    Im not sure about AITSL, however with ACECQA my 440hrs was considered 89 days.

    Hi! How did you put 440 hours for ACECQA? I'm trying to do that now but it asked for the total days. Thanks!

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    HELLO TEACHER. I got SUITABLE assessment na sa AITSL.

    Question: what are the possibilities of me getting the 189 visa with 75 points?

    @caienri said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

    Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

    @caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

    Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

    @caienri said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

    Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

    @caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

    Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    Hello again. @caienri, I got suitable assessment na in AITSL. Will it be safe to submit an EOI during pandemic? when is the best time to submit kaya?

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

  • rellim115rellim115 Posts: 135Member
    Joined: Dec 10, 2019

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    msssevelynmsasoler

    04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

    1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Thanks! yes planning to take the IELTS General just for EOI extra points, I missed the superior IELTS Academic by 0.5. I'm already done with AITSL @msssevelyn :)

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    congratulations! have you submitted your EOI?

    @msasoler said:

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Thanks! yes planning to take the IELTS General just for EOI extra points, I missed the superior IELTS Academic by 0.5. I'm already done with AITSL @msssevelyn :)

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

  • rellim115rellim115 Posts: 135Member
    Joined: Dec 10, 2019

    @msssevelyn said:

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

    Yes, that's right.

    04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

    1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

  • msssevelynmsssevelyn Posts: 10Member
    Joined: May 29, 2020

    Thank you so much!

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

    Yes, that's right.

  • rellim115rellim115 Posts: 135Member
    Joined: Dec 10, 2019

    @msssevelyn said:
    Thank you so much!

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Wow. I didn't know about this. Just to clarify, this is possible for points claiming in your EOI?

    Yes, that's right.

    All the best to you:-)

    04 Jul 2019 | VETASSESS skills assessment submitted (249311, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL])
    01 Aug 2019 | IELTS L/S/W/R (9/9/7.5/8.5/) Overall: 8.5, Proficient
    24 Sep 2019 | 249311 TESOL positive skills assessment
    28 Sep 2019 | PTE Academic L/S/W/R (81/90/83/90) Overall: 89, Superior
    04 Oct 2019 | AITSL suitable skills assessment for 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)
    05 Dec 2019 | EOI for 491 lodged, 249311 (NT, 85 points)
    09 Dec 2019 | MigrationNT application lodged
    24 Dec 2019 | Turned 40, minus 10 points (75 points)
    20 Jan 2020 | Status changed from 'Waiting for Admin Review' to 'Case Officer Assessment'
    19 May 2020 | Received declaration form from the NT; printed, signed, and uploaded it on the same day
    28 May 2020 | Received invite from Skillselect
    03 June 2020 | Lodged visa
    19 June 2020 | Health clearance provided - No action required
    24 Sep 2020 | CO contact asking for additional information: (1) Biometrics, (2) United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given
    70 days to provide those documents.
    24 Sep 2020 | Uploaded a letter on immi explaining my inability to provide (1) as VFS Global has not reopened in SG yet since
    their closure on 3rd April 2020; (2) the requirement must have been a mistake as I have never been to the UK.
    06 Nov 2020 | Done with biometrics
    09 Nov 2020 | Visa grant!:-) To God be the Glory!

    1 Corinthians 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

  • msasolermsasoler Posts: 26Member
    Joined: Feb 09, 2020

    @msssevelyn said:
    congratulations! have you submitted your EOI?

    @msasoler said:

    @rellim115 said:

    @msssevelyn said:
    HI, AITSL only accepts IELTS academic

    @msasoler said:
    Just curious, anyone here retake the IELTS exam (after doing the AITSL requirements) to increase their points for EOI? Maybe take the IELTS general and be able to claim points for superior english?

    @msasoler, yes this is possible. You can take IELTS General/PTE Academic or any other valid tests for the purpose of claiming points. AITSL, of course, just accepts IELTS Academic for skills assessment.

    Thanks! yes planning to take the IELTS General just for EOI extra points, I missed the superior IELTS Academic by 0.5. I'm already done with AITSL @msssevelyn :)

    Yes, submitted last June :) But because of the pandemic, it doesnt hurt to invest and get an extra 10 points by adding another IELTS General score for superior english.

  • NicolilalaNicolilala Posts: 2Member
    Joined: Nov 21, 2020

    Hi!

    Just wanted to ask if anyone who applied with AISTL as a Special Needs Teacher was successful, despite having a non-educ undergrad?
    My undergrad was in Psychology but I'm taking a Masters in Special Needs at MC (which has the right amount of practicum hours naman).

    Anyone with a similar experience in applying with AISTL?
    Would those be enough to be granted an AITSL Special Needs Teacher qualification?

Sign In or Register to comment.
LATEST 10 ACTIVE DISCUSSION THREAD
angel_iq4
angel_iq4
angel_iq4

BIG MOVE 2021

most recent by Crischu

angel_iq4

PTE ACADEMIC

most recent by nkdeezy

Welcome to Pinoy AU Community!

The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Random Members
(41654)

goodemurrosellebawarnesza18cind3r3llafarfarKennethY3ChescadjnehjcqEmsMidyjasspykes78nadee929PATIBONG1213kiokupsJean1RollandY8flexartjayeannecoleenmaiajonshe
Browse Members

Members Online (9) + Guest (123)

red_lionbartowskipmacanicaCrischuyourxxgraceMau766searchingzoann

Top Active Contributors

Top Posters