Hi All, I hope everyone is well and also your family. As a way to extend help during this time of crisis, Visa Consort in partnership with Pinoy AU, would like to offer further reduced rate (for a limited period) to anyone who would wish to engage a migration agent service. If you have conducted your research, you know that their rate is one of the most affordable in the market. Please click here for more details about the offering.
Hi to All, Please take extra care guys wherever you are, take care of your love ones too. Especially to our friends in Singapore, more being confirmed, and are through community spread, no longer from people who travelled from China. Observe proper hygiene at all times and also monitor our little ones as they often put their hands in their mouth.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

Pocket money to bring in Australia

Hello po,
darating po ako sa Australia next year 31 January. Tanung ko lang po,magkano po yung dala nyong pocket money.

Comments

  • batmanbatman Darwin Australia
    Posts: 3,392Member, Moderator
    Joined: Oct 04, 2011

    Check mo sa destination state mo magkano below. Tpos estimate mo gano ka tagal ka stay dun.
    Rent
    Food cost
    Internet
    Trsnspo
    Etc

    Follow me on my social media as i share my Australian Journey.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6V7z3CeTg0UrdNklYRBECw
    IG:@ausjourn
    Twitter:@ausjourn
    FB page: My Australian Journey (English lang tayo doon)
    You can reach me on my WhatsApp pm lang.

    221213 External Auditor|489 - 70pts - SS NT
    21|07|16 - Applied CPAA membership assessment
    31|07|16 - PTE-A L|S|W|R (73|79|78|77)
    01|08|16 - Submitted CPAA migration assessment
    20|09|17 - EOI 190 - NT (delayed due to show money req.)
    - collating requirements for NT SS application
    18|10|17 - Submitted NT SS application (praying for + result)
    24|04|18 - 190 not successful,
    - was offered 489 instead and accepted offer
    - engaged with visa consort agency for visa application submission.
    26|04|18 - Invited to apply for SS visa 489 - Northern Territory
    02|05|18 - PCC processing
    20|05|18 - Medical
    06|06|18 - Visa payment
    15|09|18 - happy na birthday pa, visa grant pa.. TYL
    09|02|19 - Big move
    11|02|19 - First job interview
    12|02|19 - Received job offer
    13|02|19 - Accepted job offer
    13|08|19 - Accepted a new job offer - new employer

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    Same advice as batman: Check which suburb/city you're moving to. Of the list, rent ang usually pinakamahal, especially in the city center.

    Just for reference, your own room in a flatshare (old terrace house) in Sydney (near Sydney Uni) can cost AUD 350+ per week. If you're sharing a room with someone, it could be AUD 220-250 per week. The closer you are to the CBD, the more expensive the rent, so most people opt to live farther from the city and just commute to uni.

    Food cost depends on you. Takeaway food can be AUD 20-25 per meal, which could be 5-10x more than what you'd spend per meal if you cook at home.

    Internet may or may not be included in your rent; you'll have to verify with the landlord if this is inclusive. Mobile phone bill can be relatively cheap if you can find the best deal according to your needs. I've switched providers a few times now, and I'm paying roughly AUD 40-50 per month for a large data allowance (my internet at home is unreliable lately so I use mobile data most of the time).

    Transportation---this can be expensive if you live far from where you're studying. I live near the university so I spend only about AUD 30 per month for traveling around Sydney or visiting my cousins in Western Sydney. Expect to pay more if you're living far away from the city.

  • JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    Posts: 93Member
    Joined: Mar 06, 2018

    @Jenn24 said:
    Hello po,
    darating po ako sa Australia next year 31 January. Tanung ko lang po,magkano po yung dala nyong pocket money.

    Hi @jenn24 your expenses will depend on the location you will be staying.
    But staying closer to CBD does not necessarily mean it will be more far more expensive than living further away. Rent will definitely be expensive near CBD but sometimes there will be cheap ones. Transpo is not that significant but will be cheaper if your destination is near CBD. For food, it can be very cheap or it can be very expensive specially if you are alone. If you are able to prepare your own food it will be less expensive than buying cooked ones. Also, don't buy all your food stuff in groceries if possible and go to the nearest public market. If in sydney, there's a good and cheap market place in the CBD where you can buy your meat, fish, vegies, etc. and there's a big asian grocery where you can find some of the common PH goods that you need for cooking. If in any case you need to buy good food for lunch/dinner but want it cheap, there's a food court in china town that serves good food.

    ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

  • rjlimrjlim Sydney
    Posts: 105Member
    Joined: Nov 26, 2018

    @Jacraye said:
    Hi @jenn24 your expenses will depend on the location you will be staying.
    But staying closer to CBD does not necessarily mean it will be more far more expensive than living further away. Rent will definitely be expensive near CBD but sometimes there will be cheap ones. Transpo is not that significant but will be cheaper if your destination is near CBD. For food, it can be very cheap or it can be very expensive specially if you are alone. If you are able to prepare your own food it will be less expensive than buying cooked ones. Also, don't buy all your food stuff in groceries if possible and go to the nearest public market. If in sydney, there's a good and cheap market place in the CBD where you can buy your meat, fish, vegies, etc. and there's a big asian grocery where you can find some of the common PH goods that you need for cooking. If in any case you need to buy good food for lunch/dinner but want it cheap, there's a food court in china town that serves good food.

    @Jacraye saan yung asian grocery sa city na mura? sa experience kasi namin mahal upto almost double yung price sa Ashfield and West Ryde compare mo sa Rooty Hill.

    Jul 15 2017 | Desire to migrate to AU initiated
    Aug 17 2017 | Inquired at migration assistance but fee was too high
    Aug 30 2017 | Invoked a freelance migration agent
    Sep 20 2017 | ACS assessment request
    Nov 15 2017 | ACS results positive
    Dec 11 2017 | PTE review course taken
    Jan 08 2018 | PTE take (L-80 | R-73 | S-84 | W-82) (Proficient)
    Jan 09 2018 | EOI lodge 189 | 65 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Apr 23 2018 | PTE Retake. (L-80 | R-80 | S-83 | W-78) (Proficient)
    May 23 2018 | PTE Retake. (L-82 | R-79 | S-85 | W-83) (Superior)
    May 24 2018 | Updated EOI 189 | 75 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Jul 02 2018 | Points reduced to 70 because of age
    Jul 02 2018 | Updated EOI 189 | 70 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Nov 11 2018 | 189 Invite THANK YOU LORD!
    Nov 17 2018 | Medical exam
    Dec 04 2018 | Visa lodge
    Mar 19 2019 | Visa DG! To God Be The Glory! God is good all the time! All the time God is good!
    between the dates are a lot of requirements gathering and praying
    July 25 2019 | Touchdown Sydney!
    July 26 2019 | Medicare and ATO
    July 29 2019 | Job hunting and house hunting
    Aug 8 2019 | Move in new house
    Sept 26 2019 | started First job! Praise the Lord
    Oct 24 2019 | resigned from 1st job
    Oct 28 2019 | started second job aligned with my skills and previous experience

  • JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    Posts: 93Member
    Joined: Mar 06, 2018

    @rjlim said:

    @Jacraye said:
    Hi @jenn24 your expenses will depend on the location you will be staying.
    But staying closer to CBD does not necessarily mean it will be more far more expensive than living further away. Rent will definitely be expensive near CBD but sometimes there will be cheap ones. Transpo is not that significant but will be cheaper if your destination is near CBD. For food, it can be very cheap or it can be very expensive specially if you are alone. If you are able to prepare your own food it will be less expensive than buying cooked ones. Also, don't buy all your food stuff in groceries if possible and go to the nearest public market. If in sydney, there's a good and cheap market place in the CBD where you can buy your meat, fish, vegies, etc. and there's a big asian grocery where you can find some of the common PH goods that you need for cooking. If in any case you need to buy good food for lunch/dinner but want it cheap, there's a food court in china town that serves good food.

    @Jacraye saan yung asian grocery sa city na mura? sa experience kasi namin mahal upto almost double yung price sa Ashfield and West Ryde compare mo sa Rooty Hill.

    @rjlim madals sa paddys market (vegies, fruits, seafoods), tapos sa first floor may malaking asian grocery pero limited lang yung mga goods. sa labas, across the street, yung meatshop naman. the prices are fairly cheap comparing it to nearer suburbs pero cyempre wala pa din tatalo sa mga prices sa far west.

    I live within north sydney area so ang cheapest option lagi na malapit lang is either chatswood or cbd. pero medyo may kamahalan sa chatswood. ang advantage lang sa chatswood may filo store dun. Kung sinisipag naman ako, sa flemington market, dun talaga mura may ukay-ukay pa. hahahaha!

    ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

  • rjlimrjlim Sydney
    Posts: 105Member
    Joined: Nov 26, 2018

    @Jacraye said:
    @rjlim madals sa paddys market (vegies, fruits, seafoods), tapos sa first floor may malaking asian grocery pero limited lang yung mga goods. sa labas, across the street, yung meatshop naman. the prices are fairly cheap comparing it to nearer suburbs pero cyempre wala pa din tatalo sa mga prices sa far west.

    I live within north sydney area so ang cheapest option lagi na malapit lang is either chatswood or cbd. pero medyo may kamahalan sa chatswood. ang advantage lang sa chatswood may filo store dun. Kung sinisipag naman ako, sa flemington market, dun talaga mura may ukay-ukay pa. hahahaha!

    ahh kala ko kasi merong ka price ng sa west. Ako naman walking distance lang ang flemington market, so dun bili ng fruits, veggies and seafoods. Yung meat mas mura pa din sa local butcher yung mga chekwa, then pag Sunday mura pamasahe sa train, nag Rooty Hill for filo goods.

    Jul 15 2017 | Desire to migrate to AU initiated
    Aug 17 2017 | Inquired at migration assistance but fee was too high
    Aug 30 2017 | Invoked a freelance migration agent
    Sep 20 2017 | ACS assessment request
    Nov 15 2017 | ACS results positive
    Dec 11 2017 | PTE review course taken
    Jan 08 2018 | PTE take (L-80 | R-73 | S-84 | W-82) (Proficient)
    Jan 09 2018 | EOI lodge 189 | 65 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Apr 23 2018 | PTE Retake. (L-80 | R-80 | S-83 | W-78) (Proficient)
    May 23 2018 | PTE Retake. (L-82 | R-79 | S-85 | W-83) (Superior)
    May 24 2018 | Updated EOI 189 | 75 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Jul 02 2018 | Points reduced to 70 because of age
    Jul 02 2018 | Updated EOI 189 | 70 | 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
    Nov 11 2018 | 189 Invite THANK YOU LORD!
    Nov 17 2018 | Medical exam
    Dec 04 2018 | Visa lodge
    Mar 19 2019 | Visa DG! To God Be The Glory! God is good all the time! All the time God is good!
    between the dates are a lot of requirements gathering and praying
    July 25 2019 | Touchdown Sydney!
    July 26 2019 | Medicare and ATO
    July 29 2019 | Job hunting and house hunting
    Aug 8 2019 | Move in new house
    Sept 26 2019 | started First job! Praise the Lord
    Oct 24 2019 | resigned from 1st job
    Oct 28 2019 | started second job aligned with my skills and previous experience

  • JacrayeJacraye Sydney
    Posts: 93Member
    Joined: Mar 06, 2018

    @rjlim said:

    @Jacraye said:
    @rjlim madals sa paddys market (vegies, fruits, seafoods), tapos sa first floor may malaking asian grocery pero limited lang yung mga goods. sa labas, across the street, yung meatshop naman. the prices are fairly cheap comparing it to nearer suburbs pero cyempre wala pa din tatalo sa mga prices sa far west.

    I live within north sydney area so ang cheapest option lagi na malapit lang is either chatswood or cbd. pero medyo may kamahalan sa chatswood. ang advantage lang sa chatswood may filo store dun. Kung sinisipag naman ako, sa flemington market, dun talaga mura may ukay-ukay pa. hahahaha!

    ahh kala ko kasi merong ka price ng sa west. Ako naman walking distance lang ang flemington market, so dun bili ng fruits, veggies and seafoods. Yung meat mas mura pa din sa local butcher yung mga chekwa, then pag Sunday mura pamasahe sa train, nag Rooty Hill for filo goods.

    Wala pa din tatalo sa west at mas kumpleto gulay dun. marami ako kakilala sa canberra sa west pa namamalengke. It actually boils down to which ever is convenient to you. For me, siguro for 3 people or more living together, it might be worth it going to west areas and spending a bit of a time travelling just to get cheap goods. lalo na sunday at $2+ lang ang pamasahe. pero kung magisa mo lang, i dunno kung worth it pa. depende pa din siguro kung sanay ka gumala.

    anyway just my two cents.

    ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    Hi everyone. Hingi lng sana ako ng opinion nyo about this; I received an offer from 2 universities:
    1.) Torrens Uni in Adelaide (MBA & Master of Public Health) double degree po, and
    2.) University of Canberra in ACT. (Master of Information technology and systems)
    BS Business Admin po degree ko sa pinas. I'm currently working here sa SG po under accounting dept.
    Saan po sa tingin nyo mas okay? In terms of expenses, opportunities, pathway to PR etc..

    Thank you in advance! :smile:

  • frisch24frisch24 Victoria
    Posts: 161Member
    Joined: Apr 11, 2019

    @mumofLiam uhm... honestly, probably kung aling course ka magiging masaya since change of career for both cases.

    Pero kung pathway to PR paguusapan, ok ang IT. IT and Accounting or Business Admin is a good mix. Pero sa IT kelangan mo matuto mag program/code. Kung ala ka interest dun, bka mahirapan ka. For work opportunity, maraming businesses dito sa Australia, meaning malaki ang need sa IT. Yung location mo nga lang, ACT. Not sure the job availability for IT sa place na yun.

    As for Adelaide, mas ok yung place as maraming businesses dun, meaning maraming possible work, not sure with MBA and Public Health related work though. And even bigger question is yung pathway. Not sure if there is a PR pathway for MBA and/or Public Health. Magsasayang ka lang ng pera kung wala naman.

    261212 - Web Developer | Age: 32 | Education: 15 | Australian Education: 5 | English Proficiency: 20 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Australian Experience: 5 | State Sponsorship: 5 | Total: 85

    Timeline:
    27 May 2015 - Visa 573 Granted
    01 Jul 2015 - Arrived in Melbourne
    06 Jul 2015 - First Day High
    16 Jun 2017 - Finished Masters
    22 Sept 2017 - Visa 485 Granted
    16 Jun 2018 - Got Superior English after 5 tries.xP (L 84 R 85 S 90 W 87)
    22 May 2019 - Passed NAATI
    02 Sep 2019 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Qualification has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in computing.
    02 Sep 2109 - ACS Skills Assessment Positive, Employment considered to equate to work at an appropriately
    skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261212 (Web Developer)
    02 Sep 2019 - Submitted EOI for 190 NSW
    19 Sep 2019 - Received pre-invite from NSW
    23 Sep 2019 - Received approval from NSW
    23 Sep 2019 - ITA received
    30 Sep 2019 - Lodged Visa 190 NSW
    16 Jan 2020 - Visa 190 NSW Granted.=)

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @mumofLiam Hello. I kind of agree with frisch24, with some additional notes. Is your work in SG more related to business admin or accounting? You'll have to consider (as early as now) yung plan mong i-nominate na occupation for PR, since you don't want to waste your years of experience overseas; ideally what you nominate for your occupation is directly related to your current experience, and then your next degree will contribute to that same occupation.

    If the occupation you wish to nominate for PR is totally unrelated to your current work experience, you'll be starting from scratch (as in hindi maccount yun for skills assessment), so you would need to acquire more points after graduation. Nominating Accounting as occupation will require really high points (not sure if 90 or 95 na sila at the moment); I'm also not sure if MBA has a pathway. You'll have to do more research on your own regarding which occupation best suits your interests.

    UC is a public uni while Torrens is a private one, so I don't know how big a difference yung tuition fees nila. Some private uni might cost more than the public uni, so compare that as well. I study at a public uni too, and I feel like they a lot of good industry links and university services (24/7 library, student centre, career fairs). Check if Torrens has similar services or industry links, since they can potentially help to make you more employable after you graduate.

    As for location, my friend lived in Adelaide for half a year (she's ComSci graduate), sabi nya mas mura daw living costs in Adelaide than Melbourne (where she's currently based). Canberra is kinda nice naman, I think it's still a developing city but not as crowded as Sydney or Melbourne. Check Indeed or Seek job websites for opportunities at the moment for both cities, and see which one has more options in the occupation you want.

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    Hi @frisch24 and @athelene. Really appreciate your informative response. Ang gagamitin ko sana na pathway sa Torrens ung Public Health (listed as Service Worker); and sa UC naman, as per my agent, Business analyst or System analyst. Based from my research, yan yung mga nasa list for both state. Pero I do appreciate ung mga inputs nyo para sa decision making ko na din. Ang tuition kasi ni UC, $52k while Torrens $32k. Quite huge diff hehe. Pero still considering kung anong mas makakabuti sa future, for PR and job opportunities. :smile:

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    @athelene would you be able to share kung saang Uni ka? Are you currently studying? Malaking factor ba pag public uni ka nag grad? Hehe sorry ang dami ko tanong. :blush:

  • auyeahauyeah Manila
    Posts: 320Member
    Joined: Jan 21, 2019
    edited January 17

    Hello just wanted to ask your advice lang po, we’ll be having our big move in Sydney next month and so far based on my research and others suggestions okay sa Chatswood and Ryde areas. We have been in Sydney but only within the CBD and Blue Monuntains area, appreciate if you can give us advice on which areas okay din mag scout kami ng place to stay. We are a couple and no kids yet. Important for us yung accessible sa public transpo/close to a train line since we don’t have a car yet, safety and proximity to markets. Thank you in advance :)

    "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

    Developer Programmer 261312 | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Experience: 10 | Education: 15 | Partner Skills: 5 | Total Points: 189/190 - 80/85pts

    Main Applicant
    9-7-18: ACS Result - Credited Experience for 261312: 5yrs - 10 pts
    3-19-19: PTE Result - L 82 / R 80 / W 90 / S 82 - Superior 20pts

    Partner
    2-8-19: ACS Result - Experience Credited for 261312
    3-13-19: PTE Result - L 89 / R 86 / W 90 / S 90 - Superior
    Partner Skills: 5pts

    3-22-19: Submitted EOI : 189 - 80pts
    3-26-19: Applied for NBI clearance to be released on April 11
    3-28-19: Medical Exam at St. Luke's BGC
    4-05-19: Health Clearance Provided: No Action Required
    4-11-19: NBI Clearance claimed
    4-14-19: Submitted EOI : 190 (NSW) - 85pts
    5-17-19: Received Pre-Invite from NSW
    5-21-19: Submitted Application for Nomination to NSW
    5-22-19: Application Approved, ITA Received in Skillselect
    5-23-19: Visa Lodged for 190
    7-11-19: Invitation Received for 189 Visa
    8-28-19: Visa Lodged for 189
    10-25-19: Visa Granted for 190
    2-9-20: Visa Granted for 189

    Praise GOD!

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @mumofLiam I'm studying at Sydney Uni. I don't exactly know how big a difference it makes when it comes to hiring/finding a job, but from my experience so far, when I meet someone/alumni from the same uni, there's that feeling of "community" hahaha.

    Malaki pala difference ng tuition ng UC from Torrens (siguro kasi magkaibang course sila?). A private uni I was looking at (in QLD) before was roughly same price kasi ng public uni, so it probably depends din sa location or program. I've visited and seen campuses ng mga public uni, and they have really big campuses/buildings, open spaces. I'm guessing the higher tuition cost is due to the extensive facilities and services available to students and staff. For me, the upside of going to a public uni would be the access to a large library database (super essential for research and assignments), computer labs, learning workshops, career workshops. I'd say students are well-supported naman, that is, if you actually go and actively attend them.

    Did either unis offer any scholarship? Some uni kasi automatic ka na i-cconsider, may iba kailangan separate application. Check if there's any opportunity for you to get scholarship even if partial. I know public uni usually would have them, even for international students.

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @auyeah said:
    Hello just wanted to ask your advice lang po, we’ll be having our big move in Sydney next month and so far based on my research and others suggestions okay sa Chatswood and Ryde areas. We have been in Sydney but only within the CBD and Blue Monuntains area, appreciate if you can give us advice on which areas okay din mag scout kami ng place to stay. We are a couple and no kids yet. Important for us yung accessible sa public transpo/close to a train line since we don’t have a car yet, safety and proximity to markets. Thank you in advance :)

    BM na po kayo, not on student visa? Have you found a job yet? If not yet, book some temporary accommodation until you can secure a job, then find a place where that job is. For example, if you find a job in Parramatta, no point of living in Chatswood or Ryde when you can live in Parramatta. If you're keen on working in the CBD, Chatswood and Ryde are okay naman, since accessible naman ang CBD via trains. As for markets, I've heard Flemington (Paddy's/Sydney Markets) in the west is one of the cheapest markets there is, so maybe you can find a third option that's along the T2 line, so you can have access both to Flemington and CBD.

  • auyeahauyeah Manila
    Posts: 320Member
    Joined: Jan 21, 2019

    Hello @athelene we are on a PR visa but still looking for a job. Thank you for your advice, I guess mas okay nga na temporary place muna until we find a stable job and just transfer in the same / nearby area where our job is. :) also we’ll check the areas covered by the T2 line.

    @athelene said:

    @auyeah said:
    Hello just wanted to ask your advice lang po, we’ll be having our big move in Sydney next month and so far based on my research and others suggestions okay sa Chatswood and Ryde areas. We have been in Sydney but only within the CBD and Blue Monuntains area, appreciate if you can give us advice on which areas okay din mag scout kami ng place to stay. We are a couple and no kids yet. Important for us yung accessible sa public transpo/close to a train line since we don’t have a car yet, safety and proximity to markets. Thank you in advance :)

    BM na po kayo, not on student visa? Have you found a job yet? If not yet, book some temporary accommodation until you can secure a job, then find a place where that job is. For example, if you find a job in Parramatta, no point of living in Chatswood or Ryde when you can live in Parramatta. If you're keen on working in the CBD, Chatswood and Ryde are okay naman, since accessible naman ang CBD via trains. As for markets, I've heard Flemington (Paddy's/Sydney Markets) in the west is one of the cheapest markets there is, so maybe you can find a third option that's along the T2 line, so you can have access both to Flemington and CBD.

    "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

    Developer Programmer 261312 | Age: 30 | Language: 20 | Experience: 10 | Education: 15 | Partner Skills: 5 | Total Points: 189/190 - 80/85pts

    Main Applicant
    9-7-18: ACS Result - Credited Experience for 261312: 5yrs - 10 pts
    3-19-19: PTE Result - L 82 / R 80 / W 90 / S 82 - Superior 20pts

    Partner
    2-8-19: ACS Result - Experience Credited for 261312
    3-13-19: PTE Result - L 89 / R 86 / W 90 / S 90 - Superior
    Partner Skills: 5pts

    3-22-19: Submitted EOI : 189 - 80pts
    3-26-19: Applied for NBI clearance to be released on April 11
    3-28-19: Medical Exam at St. Luke's BGC
    4-05-19: Health Clearance Provided: No Action Required
    4-11-19: NBI Clearance claimed
    4-14-19: Submitted EOI : 190 (NSW) - 85pts
    5-17-19: Received Pre-Invite from NSW
    5-21-19: Submitted Application for Nomination to NSW
    5-22-19: Application Approved, ITA Received in Skillselect
    5-23-19: Visa Lodged for 190
    7-11-19: Invitation Received for 189 Visa
    8-28-19: Visa Lodged for 189
    10-25-19: Visa Granted for 190
    2-9-20: Visa Granted for 189

    Praise GOD!

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    Hi @athelene. Oo nga kalahati difference ng tuition between Torrens and UC. And yes, may approved scholarship na din ako. Pero malaki pa din hehe. Kaya ang hirap mamili between the two uni. WIlling naman ako sa higher tuition fees basta alam kong mas may pathway and malaking adv sa job opportunities. :smile: Under SV ka ba or PR ka na?

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @mumofLiam Will you be coming to Australia by yourself or with family? Are both unis offering scholarship? Ask the uni offering a scholarship if there are other additional scholarships you can apply for after you get in, like for the second year ganun, para mabawasan yung financial burden. Yes, if migration ang endgoal, it might be a better investment to go for one that is more expensive but can help you migrate faster.

    I'm currently under SV, but preparing palang to do skills assessment for future migration.

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    @athelene sa mga pinag-pray ko parang mas sinasagot ni Lord ung Torrens. Kaya I think I would go for Torrens. Yes sis, 25% scholarship ako kay Torrens. Family of 3 kami. My son is 7months old palang.

    Goodluck on your skills assessment :smile:
    Anyway, ano palang insurance mo?

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @mumofLiam then go for Torrens, if that's what you think and feel is best. :) Wow, super young pa pala baby mo.

    Thanks! My health insurance is Medibank. Since you have a young child, I recommend getting to know which clinics or hospitals would have direct/bulk billing with your chosen oshc provider, so that if the need arises, it's less hassle for you. And of course, consider which ones are closest to where you'll live, para less travel to get treatments. I've had bloodwork and imaging done within the past 2 weeks, and it's really convenient to have the some imaging and pathology centres close by (walking or short bus ride lang).

  • mumofLiammumofLiam Singapore
    Posts: 32Member
    Joined: Aug 29, 2019

    @athelene tama hehe. Thank you sis sa mga advices. :smile: Hope to see you in Sydney pag nag visit kami jan.. hehe I claim na ntin kht wla pa visa. :smile:

  • atheleneathelene Sydney
    Posts: 368Member
    Joined: Mar 13, 2018

    @mumofLiam said:
    @athelene tama hehe. Thank you sis sa mga advices. :smile: Hope to see you in Sydney pag nag visit kami jan.. hehe I claim na ntin kht wla pa visa. :smile:

    You're welcome! Hope you get your visa soon! Yes, come visit Sydney when you can! :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
LATEST 10 ACTIVE DISCUSSION THREAD

Welcome to Pinoy AU Community!

The longest running Pinoy-Australian Forum site in the history. We are connecting Pinoys "in" and "to" Australia since 2010! If you want to join in, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Members Online (29) + Guest (97)

Captain_Aadrbleaisamarchbabyred_lionmagueroleciaemil1125Chadmichtery_auskyle1213naidetousdatch29BrizyFilocuccibaikenNightfury9071mcril22MabskyDr.SBhae2008pprmint08SirhcLinetdaneVandanFilVictoria2020kkoalaeris0819mclordgtozboy

Random Members
(39621)

mademoiselle88 marpeiya99amqsamontesam888sassygem10yabiSeedGarethSymebellecarlomoratoJCArenasbrnayeAiraAiralouTimrechelBabesGListarcookiebanban143pbvjjoy
Browse Members

Top Active Contributors

Top Posters