Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Visitor visa to student visa

baktigurubaktiguru MandaluyongPosts: 3Member
Hi po sa inyong lahat, my wife is in Australia right now having 6 months visitor visa 600 without no "further stay condition" na-isyuhan sya ng visa kasi yung cousin nya has breast cancer and needed someone who will take care of her while her cousin is undertaking chemo, my wife also doing some house choir as well as taking care her cousins newly born baby. since walang "no further stay" condition ang visitor visa nya pwede syang mag apply ng another type of visa before her current visa expire. Gusto namin mag migrate sa Australia kasi nakita ng misis ko ang kagandahan ng lugar at klima, she is accounting graduate here in the Philippines and we plan to apply Student Visa while in Australia. Possible po ba iyon and ano ang mga requirements na dapat namin I-prepare? ano yung mga documents from her school ang dapat namin I ready and kailangan po bang naka red ribbon ang lahat?

Comments

• se29mse29m Perth

233211 Civil Engineer
    30/09/15 - VETASSESS Lodged - 133112 Project Builder
    09/10/15 - IELTS Results: L-7.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-7.5 OBS-7.0
    19/10/15 - PTE A Results: L-82, R-74, S-90, W-76 OAS-79
    26/11/15 - Obtained NBI Clearance
    09/12/15 - VETASSESS Results - NEGATIVE!!!
    12/01/16 - Submitted CDR to Engineers Australia
    22/01/16 - EA Positive Results - Bachelor's Degree with 4 years 8 months skilled employment
    22/01/16 - Lodged EOI 189 (60pts)
    03/02/16 - Received 189 ITA
    11/02/16 - Health Clearance Provided - No Action Required
    18/02/16 - Obtained SG CoC
    26/02/16 - Lodged 189 Visa
    15/03/16 - Direct Grant - IED 11/02/2017
    25/05/16 - Big Move Perth!
    16/06/16 - Started Casual Work
    11/07/16 - Permanent Full-time Work

Now for the Citizenship Journey

26/08/2019 - Applied and acknowledgement letter received
    27/09/2019 - Test Email Invite for 19/12/2019
    01/10/2019 - Actual Test/Interview Date
    01/10/2019 - Approval Date (received the approval letter from the post 11/10/2019)
    05/02/2020 - Ceremony Date (received the email 10/01/2020)

• eiwoks_lexeiwoks_lex Adelaide
    Hi. Hindo po pwede magapply for Student Visa while in Australia habang nakatourist visa. I tried po last June and narefuse ang visa application ko. The only time that they allow magapply for student visa onshore is kapag ang hawak nio pong visa is student visa.. which means parang extension lang.
  • gerohngerohn Sydney
    @baktiguru not possible. She needs to leave the country bago mag expire otherwise mahihirapan sya mag apply ulit ng any visa. Takes 3 yes bago mabura bad records sa immigration. No further stay meaning no application of any visa while in Australia.
  • DeejayDeejay Mandaluyong
    @baktiguru try nyo lang. Yung friend ko ganyan din ang case nya. Nagpunta sya ng Australia with visitor visa then pina-extend nila, na-approve naman. Then after 5 months (november2015), nag-apply sya ng student visa onshore. Na-grant din (dec2015). Bago kasi sya magpunta ng Australia, may IELTS result na sya and dinala na din nya mga documents nya. Try magtanong or magsearch about qualifying visa.
  • tootiestooties Mandaluyong
    Galing akong Business Visa 600 then nag apply student visa onshore n approve naman..pina repeat medical lang ako. I came here as a Nurse so I am not sure if that is a factor kasi nasa shortage list sya. Now Permanent Resident n..

I guess if kukuha sya n Accounting course greater chance of being granted a visa kasi you need to prove that the course she is going to take is beneficial to her career so the more related the course to accounting the better.

As to documents need kasi muna mag apply sa schools to be accepted a place, tsaka ka aapply nang student visa.

Meron b syang visitor insurance when she came in to Aus?

isa din yan sa requirement hiningi sa akin nung nagaapply ako for a student visa kahit di sya mandatory sa visitor visa application.
  • filsgozfilsgoz Melbourne
    hi @baktiguru it is POSSIBLE to apply for a student visa onshore. a subclass 600 is a qualifying visa for conversion to student visa onshore. BUT because you have a condition attached to your subclass 600, you may not be able to be granted a student visa. i work in the international education industry.

Gday!