Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

What kind of visa should we apply for with having a family member with PR?

May I ask regarding what visa or easy pathway to go to Australia we should apply for.
Since my auntie had their permanent residency, she is willing to sponsor my expenses while I'm in Australia and also planning to apply for a job.
Hoping for someone can share their experiences and help me on this matter.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited January 23

@pianica said:
    May I ask regarding what visa or easy pathway to go to Australia we should apply for.
    Since my auntie had their permanent residency, she is willing to sponsor my expenses while I'm in Australia and also planning to apply for a job.
    Thank you in advance.

If you want to live here permanently, the best thing to do is to check if your occupation is in any of the skilled occupation lists. If it is, check if you are able to get a positive skills assessment and then submit an EOI for a skilled visa. If your aunt lives in a regional area and your occupation is in the medium & long term list, then she can sponsor you for a family sponsored 491 visa. It's not a straight sponsorship though because it's points tested and you have to be invited by the federal government to apply.

If your occupation is not in the list, then you may want to consider studying something that will lead to an occupation in the list. Ingat lang sa student visa because the government will be making changes soon. Your aunt can help you by shouldering your expenses and providing you with board and lodging.

pianica
  • pianicapianica Posts: 3Member

@maguero said:

@pianica said:
    Thank you in advance.

If you want to live here permanently, the best thing to do is to check if your occupation is in any of the skilled occupation lists. If it is, check if you are able to get a positive skills assessment and then submit an EOI for a skilled visa. If your aunt lives in a regional area and your occupation is in the medium & long term list, then she can sponsor you for a family sponsored 491 visa. It's not a straight sponsorship though because it's points tested and you have to be invited by the federal government to apply.

If your occupation is not in the list, then you may want to consider studying something that will lead to an occupation in the list. Ingat lang sa student visa because the government will be making changes soon. Your aunt can help you by shouldering your expenses and providing you with board and lodging.

Thank you for the prompt response.
    I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and
    I had PRC license as a Fisheries professional but currently working in a private company where they import and export fresh frozen fish products as logistics assistant.
    As per checking with the skilled occupation list my course falls under aquaculture farmers which are different visa types.
    Can you recommend what kind of skilled visa we should apply for or do you have any suggestion?

• mnlz2023mnlz2023 Posts: 75Member

@pianica said:

@maguero said:

@pianica said:
    Thank you in advance.

I had PRC license as a Fisheries professional but currently working in a private company where they import and export fresh frozen fish products as logistics assistant.
    As per checking with the skilled occupation list my course falls under aquaculture farmers which are different visa types.
    Can you recommend what kind of skilled visa we should apply for or do you have any suggestion?

491 po ang skilled visa.

pianica

**ANZSCO 312114 Construction Estimator **| Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15|State :15
    SC491 SA (Offshore) = 90
    Timeline:

06 Mar 2023: Lodged Visa 491 (Family of 3)
    17 Jul 2023: 1st S56 - Spouse proof or record of attempts to obtain PCC from Marshall Islands and movement history for 10yrs.
    21 Jul 2023: Submitted
    23 Nov 2023: **2nd S56 - Statutory Declaration for 1st S56 response
    **25 Nov 2023: **Submitted
    **19 Apr 2024
    : 3rd S56: Spouse completed Form 1563 (Statement of Character)
    19 Apr 2024: Submitted
    ____ : Visa Granted! (Thank you Lord!!!)

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited January 29

@pianica said:

@maguero said:

@pianica said:
    Thank you in advance.

Since you have an occupation in the list, check if you have a good chance of getting a positive skills assessment based on the assessing body's requirements. Kung mukhang kaya naman, check if this occupation is in the occupation list of any state and if you meet the eligibility requirements for state sponsorship. If it all check outs, you have to decide if you want to spend time and money to be able to submit an EOI. Also note na submitting an EOI doesn't guarantee an invitation pero it's these skilled visas that eventually lead to PR and citizenship.

With regards to jobs, check Seek for suitable job opening and their locations. Some employers might be willing to provide a work visa (482/494) if hirap sila to find workers here.

Just spend time going through the DHA website to familiarise yourself with visa options and requirements.

Additionally, you can't just apply for a skilled visa. You need to be sponsored by a state (491) or by an employer (482/494). So you have to work towards getting yourself sponsored.

pianica
  • cuccicucci NSW

@pianica
    Just a side note since you started with asking about having a family member willing to sponsor you.

If your relative/sponsor qualifies and is approved to sponsor you, then you can use the subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) pathway.

Details can be found here.

pianica

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    07.2016 | IELTS
    01.2017 | Applied to AHPRA
    04.2017 | received Letter of Referral
    09.2017 | finished BP
    11.2017 | AHPRA Registration / Employment Offer
    12.2017 | Lodged 457 Visa Application (onshore) / ANMAC Assessment
    01.2018 | 457 Visa granted / Received positive ANMAC Assessment / Submitted EOI

04.11.2019 | Received Employer Nomination
    04.26.2019 | Submitted Visa application (186 DE)
    05.06.2019 | CO contact for medical exams
    05.09.2019 | Visa Granted (186 DE)

17.09.2021 | Application for Citizenship
    21.03.2022 | Citizenship exam, interview and approval
    02.07.2022 | Citizenship Ceremony
    (Thank you Lord!!!)

21.03.2023 | Citizenship interview, exam and approval of dependents
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++