Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Trade Course) as pathway for Permanent Residency -Sydney

ipinkipink North RydePosts: 176Member
Hello all! Does anyone know of a trade course na available here in Sydney which is open to International Students AND nasa SOL list... therefore may high probability to be able to apply for PR visa in the future.

Just looking for options to get my brother here. :) Any other inputs which could help on my goal would be appreciated as well.

Dec 8, 2012: IELTS
Feb 4, 2013: EA CDR assessment submitted
April 2013: Visited Sydney on Tourist Visa.. confirmed that I love it there :)
May 20, 2013: EA work experience assessment submitted
Jun 5, 2013: EA positive assessment
Jun 7, 2013: EOI submitted
Jun 17, 2013: Invited to apply for 189 visa
Jun 17, 2013: Visa application submitted
Jul 5, 2013: Medical submitted to DIAC
Jul 17, 2013: NBI Clearance Uploaded
Aug 2, 2013: CO Allocated-GSM Adelaide Team 6
Aug 6, 2013: Visa Granted

Thank you Lord :)

Comments

• bellaparaisobellaparaiso Sydney
    Hi! You can check MEGT Institute. I'm about to take up my certIII and diploma in Childcare. We have a 2 week practicum (paid) before the end of each term (10 terms ata kami). Pag nakagraduate na kami we will be given a training visa (14months)...after nun work ng 1 year sa regional na childcare centre then PR na (sana nga ganun sya kasimple as explained by my school).
  • ipinkipink North Ryde
    Hi @bellaparaiso! Thank you so much for replying to my post. Given what you said, how long will tye entire study take and how much will the tuition cost you in all? As initial enrollment how much as well? Did you course through IDP?

Thank you again for the reply! :)

• ipinkipink North Ryde
    @bellaparaiso i checked the SOL listing and could not find childcare there.. Under what SOL daw yung kukunin mo na course to qualify for PR?

@ipink sorry for the late reply. If i remember it right, childcare manager and early childhood educator yung nasa sol for childcare workers :)
    @ipink i had my application assisted by Carelink Asia at West Kamias in QC. I already went to IDP and AMS Global before and wasnt pleased with their service. IDP didnt give me much info and AMS was a bit canned with their answers. Found out about MEGT online when I got annoyed with my TAFE application. I liked their program so i looked up fior their educ agents here in manila and chose the closest one.

Going back (sorry i had to rant a bit. Nadelay kasi application ko dahil sa dati kong agent), the certificate to diploma is 2 years... Usually 2,200aud per term (10 weeks) yung payment. Inabot ako nang164k fir the initial payment at kasama na yung oshc. :)
    I highly recommend my educ agent. They were very thorough with my application... They helped me edit my essay and they even contacted a lawyer to help me with my reply to my CO. :)
  • ipinkipink North Ryde
    hi bella, thanks for the reply. told my brother about it pero ayaw nya sa childcare. hehe. sayang at nasa Sydney lang sana sya. gusto kasi nya is mechanic but he will have to be based in queensland. do you have a visa na? when are you moving to Sydney?

Haha! Sayang. Onga alam ko ang magandang school if he wants to be a mechanic is at Skillstech. Yup. Nakuha ko na visa ko last May 6th. July 5th pa dating ko sa Sydney. D pa kasi bakante yung isang kwarto ng ate ko :)
  • VegeMateVegeMate Cavite
    hi @belleparaiso. pag graduate na kayo automatic na bigyan na kayo ng training visa ng school nyo?
  • pmm0202pmm0202 Sydney
    @bellaparaiso Hello! Im reading this thread and matanong ko lang po how much proof of funds did you provide? :)
    Ngayon 1years worth of living expenses lang ang kailangan for the POF...but para pasigurado i gave 2 years worth of POF so mga 2.2M
  • lmrccjlglmrccjlg Quezon City
    @bellaparaiso visa 573 ka ba?did u finish a degree here in the philippines?napakaunfortunate naman ng experience mo sis sa mga agents pro godsent ang megt sau kasi sila na mismo ang nagayos ng path para sau..buti na lang di ako natuloy sa consultation ko with idp..sa tafe ko din sana balak magaral..what was your experience with them?

@ipink check nya lang SOL coz that's my reference too..im choosing bet accounting and hospitality..

sept 2014: IELTS done
    oct2014: IELTS result 7.5
    nov2014: applied at AIH, CSU(got interviewed) and Kent Institute
    dec2014: got offer letter from all schools
    jan2015: still undecided where to study :(

@VegeMate pag graduate, the Megt will sponsor you for a training and research visa Thats good for 14 months. Panibagong application sya...after that, pwede kang mag work for a year sa regional na childcare centre then makakaapply ka na for PR. Yan yung mismong sinabi ng marketing officer ng megt.
    edited June 2014
    @lmrccjlg nope. 572 yung visa ko kaya kailangan ng proof of funds. I finished my degree here in the philippines. Unrelated nga lang but i have a grad certificate in sped and took up educ units before kaya siguro nadalian ako magrant ng visa :)

Yung agent na tumulong sakin for my Megt application is Carelink Asia. My experience with IDP was kulang yung info na binigay nila sakin. With carelink naman, lahat ng info were laid out properly. Yung agent ko mismo pinagaralan bawat school na nirerepresent nila so he knows what to recommend to those who want to have a consultation with them.

Experience ko with my tafe application medyo maarte yung nagreview ng questionnaires ko and nagsara yung coure na kukunin ko sana. Pinarevise sa akin kahit straightforward na yung sagot ko...mas mahaba pa sagot ko sa kanila kaysa sa essay ko sa visa application ko.
  • lmrccjlglmrccjlg Quezon City
    @bellaparaiso how much did you pay for carelink asia?nakita ko nga ung essay questions sa application form ng tafe tas full payment pa nirerequire.. hayy..

sept 2014: IELTS done
    oct2014: IELTS result 7.5
    nov2014: applied at AIH, CSU(got interviewed) and Kent Institute
    dec2014: got offer letter from all schools
    jan2015: still undecided where to study :(

@belleparaiso wow, okay ah. Pathway to PR. Check ko nga website nila. Salamat! :)
    @VegeMate yup. Pwede syang pathway to pr. Download mo yung course booklet nila for intl students. :) andun yung details :)
    Isa pa pala...every term required na mag work for 2 weeks full time sa isang daycare centre...sabi ng mktg officer usually paid internship yun. Apart pa yan sa allowed 20 hrs per week kaya makakaipon ka rin dun.
    @lmrccjlg sa experience ko wala akong binayad pwera lang sa pagpapa notary ng docs na pinagawa ko sa kanila. Sa tafe talaga isang buong sem ang pagbayad sa kanila unlike sa megt na installment (per term)
    Thanks ulit @belleparaiso sa info! I-check ko din yan :D
  • Len_CpysLen_Cpys Quezon City
    Hi I am new here, gusto ko lang po magtanong regarding student visa Im graduate of BSN and Im planning to take up dental technician. What would be the steps in applying and the requirements? Sino po ditto may experience na for applyin Student Visa?

Thanks and Godbless
  • joanajoanajoanajoana Sydney
    pwede ko po ba malaman kung meron na po naging pr in that pathway. . .balak ko po kasi kunin sa ganyan ang kuya ko
    @joanajoana Right now, according to the marketing officer ng MEGT merong 4 filipino graduates sila na nasa Canberra ngayon and they are completing the 1 year work na regional. :)
    @Len_Cpys Hello! Welcome to the forums! Kaka grant lang ng student visa ko last May 5th. Kahit na I sought help with an education agent, nakatulong pa rin sa akin etong forums na 'to :) To learn more about the steps in applying for a student visa, you can visit this thread: http://pinoyau.info/discussion/592/student-visa-step-by-step/p1
  • dreamprayhard84dreamprayhard84 Sydney
    @bellaparaiso tanong ko lang po young course nyo po ba 3years yan? Kasi about sa mga inquiry ko ung mga childcare course is naging 3years kahit sa tafe.

Primary applicant - Wife
    Early medical at st.lukes extension - 7/9/14
    Tuition fee payment via bpi - 7/9/14
    Coe - 7/22/14
    Lodge application - 7/30/14
    Aknowledge of AU embassy - 7/31/14
    Additional test for ptb history of my husband - 7/31/14
    Sputum test sep. 3/4/5 2014 done - 9/5/14
    Sputum result thank you LORD negative - 9/9/14
    Culture result again thank you lord negative - 11/6/14
    Thank you lord for 815 form sign and send via email to C.O - 11/25/14
    In the name of GOD woooooooooo visa grant thank you LORD - 12/01/14

1st week of january 2015 flight to sydney.

-My GOD answers prayer-

• ipinkipink North Ryde
    @bellaparaiso hi bella! do you think child care would also be a good fit for men? what I'm looking for kasi is a trade course for my brother.

@bellaparaiso tanong ko lang po young course nyo po ba 3years yan? Kasi about sa mga inquiry ko ung mga childcare course is naging 3years kahit sa tafe.
    2 Years yung sa akin... Cert 3 and diploma na yun. :)

@bellaparaiso hi bella! do you think child care would also be a good fit for men? what I'm looking for kasi is a trade course for my brother.
    Hi ipink! Sa batch raw namin sa MEGT merong 4 male students per class. They actually encourage men to consider child services para daw masanay yung mga kids sa male authority figure. :) Pero ang pinaka importanteng factor is dapat gusto sya ng brother mo. Na check mo na yung Skillstech sa queensland ata? Dun talaga maganda yung trade courses nila like carpentry, sheet metal work,etc. :)

Good question @ipink. Naisip ko din yan before. I'm wondering kung anong perception sa mga male child care providers in aussie knowing that the industry is dominated by women.

Good to hear @belleparaiso na they are encouraging men to take child care.
  • dreamprayhard84dreamprayhard84 Sydney
    @bellaparaiso good day po pwede po ba maka hingi ng format ng affidavit of support ito po ang email add ko [email protected] salamat po.

Primary applicant - Wife
    Early medical at st.lukes extension - 7/9/14
    Tuition fee payment via bpi - 7/9/14
    Coe - 7/22/14
    Lodge application - 7/30/14
    Aknowledge of AU embassy - 7/31/14
    Additional test for ptb history of my husband - 7/31/14
    Sputum test sep. 3/4/5 2014 done - 9/5/14
    Sputum result thank you LORD negative - 9/9/14
    Culture result again thank you lord negative - 11/6/14
    Thank you lord for 815 form sign and send via email to C.O - 11/25/14
    In the name of GOD woooooooooo visa grant thank you LORD - 12/01/14

1st week of january 2015 flight to sydney.

-My GOD answers prayer-