Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Proving defacto relationship

barricadebarricade MakatiPosts: 60Member

hello, question po.

yung girlfriend ko two years kami nag live in together. tapos last year June 2019 nag aral sya sa Au. Now we want to apply sana for defacto kaso hindi kami nag share ng mga bills almost everything was under my name when we lived together. wala rin kaming joint savings accounts. We save separately.

may chance po bang i-prove yung defacto kapag ganitong situation? ano po kaya yung other ways or options namin to prove na legit yung relationship namin? thanks

Comments

• LovellaEllenLovellaEllen QLD, Australia
    edited April 2020

@barricade Sa sitwasyun mo, parang wala ng ibang option kundi get legally married. Try to consult a migration agent/agency baka meron pang ibang way.

ANZSCO Code: 254423 | Age : 25 , Education: 15, Experience: 15, OET: 10| 65 Points
    July 2017 - Passed OET
    Oct 2018 - Completed Bridging Program at ACN
    Nov-Dec 2018 - Completed AHPRA Registration, ANMAC Assessment and Job Offer
    Jan 2019 - Submitted EOI for VISA190 (QLD, offshore) and Applied for TSS (482) VISA
    Feb 2019 - TSS VISA Approved and received ITA for 190 (QLD)
    March 2019 - Lodged 190 (QLD) VISA application offshore
    April 2019 - Started work in QLD via TSS (482) VISA
    Oct 2019 - 190 (QLD) granted - Thank you Lord and everyone in the forum!

• rianessrianess Posts: 12Member

@barricade said:
    hello, question po.

yung girlfriend ko two years kami nag live in together. tapos last year June 2019 nag aral sya sa Au. Now we want to apply sana for defacto kaso hindi kami nag share ng mga bills almost everything was under my name when we lived together. wala rin kaming joint savings accounts. We save separately.

may chance po bang i-prove yung defacto kapag ganitong situation? ano po kaya yung other ways or options namin to prove na legit yung relationship namin? thanks

Hi @barricade. When my de facto partner (DP) and I lodged our 190, we did not have a joint bank account, all lease agreements were under my name and we did not have a property named to both of us back in the Philippines. Here's what we submitted as proof of our de facto relationship:

1) We did share in paying our monthly bills so we included online bank transfers as proof of sharing finances. We submitted his bank statements wherein we highlighted the transfers that he made going to my bank account (each transfer bore my name in it).
    2) We again submitted his bank statements, this time highlighting the address. It is the same address as our current apartment where we live together. So, even though the tenancy contract is under my name, with his bank statement, it also shows that he lives in the same address as mine. This is not limited to bank statement. Any other account (eg. your girlfriend's phone bills, government accounts, etc.) is fine as long as it bears the same address as your utility bills and/or tenancy contract.
    3) We provided LOTS of photos. We compiled photos by year from the start of our relationship. We simply used MS Word, put captions with the date, where was the photo taken, who took the photo and who are the people in the photos with us. This shows that your relationship is known to people. So for example, my DP and I have been in a relationship since 2015. We started living together since 2016. We still included photos from 2015 as it somehow helped in showing the evolution of our relationship. We included photos of just the two of us, inside the house, and outside the house doing our hobbies. We also included group photos of us doing our hobbies with other people.
    4) We provided copies of all our travel tickets including our travels as couples and travels as families. Again, this adds sa pagiging genuine ng relationship nyo if you or her family is shown to be involved in your relationship. We are both expats to Middle East so even our travel tickets going back to Pinas during our visit back to the home country, we included as proof.
    5) We submitted statutory declarations. We drafted a letter showing the evolution of our relationship. Story-telling talaga from the beginning til now, and future plans. Four essential things you need to declare in that letter: your financial commitment to each other, nature of your household (as in ultimong kung sino naghuhugas ng plato at nagtatapon ng basura everyday, at sino ang in-charge sa laundry, etc.), social aspects of your relationship, and your commitment to each other. We had it witnessed in the Australian Embassy here in the Middle East country where we are working. So, it looks like a sworn statement. Something like that. We also prepared a statutory declaration from people outside the two of us: one from my father, one from his sister, one from my bestfriend and another one from my friend whom we visited in Australia before. We ended up not needing them as our Case Officer did not ask for any further evidence of our relationship.

And that's it. Hope this helps.

All the best!

ANZSCO 242111 University Lecturer
    28 Mar 19 - VETASSESS priority processing submitted
    02 Apr 19 - VETASSESS positive skills assessment
    17 Apr 19 - 190 EOI Date of Effect
    18 Apr 19 - SA SS Application (High Points)
    10 Jun 19 - SA SS Approval & ITA
    10 Aug 19 - Lodged visa SC 190
    12 Mar 20 - Grant

Claimed points: 25 points - Age | 20 points - PTE-A 1st attempt- all 90 | 15 points - Qualification | 15 points - Work experience - 9.4 years | 5 points - SA SS | 80 points

Happy to help about South Australia state nomination, VETASSESS skills assessment of ANZSCO 242111 Uni Lecturer occupation, NBI Clearance from Abu Dhabi, and evidence for de facto relationship.

• Pinoy2028Pinoy2028 Posts: 5Member

good day po, tanung ko lang kung married naman po, kylangan parin ba nung mga documents gaya ng sa defacto to prove na mgkasama kayo?. or enough na ung marriage certificate from psa po?. thanks in advance po.

• FourgFourg Posts: 45Member

@Pinoy2028 said:
    good day po, tanung ko lang kung married naman po, kylangan parin ba nung mga documents gaya ng sa defacto to prove na mgkasama kayo?. or enough na ung marriage certificate from psa po?. thanks in advance po.

Yes need po especially if magkasama kayo sa bahay. If ldr naman okay lang pero needs pa rin ng documents na support kau financially with each other.

Pinoy2028

Kahit po ba married na for almost a year at magkasama naman sa bahay, required parin mgprovide ng evidence aside from marriage certificate?.

• ..arki_..arki_ singapore

@Pinoy2028 said:

hI! if you're already married, you are not going to be under the "de facto" relationship category as de facto means you are ** not** married formally..

here's a list of spouse documents to prepare upon visa application:

• marriage certificate
    • birth certificate
    • identity documents
    • passport personal particulars (biopage)
    • certificate of english as medium of instruction
    • qualification certificate (diploma)
    • academic transcript of record
    • NBI clearance
    • other countries police check- if you lived in another country for a year or more
    • completed form 80
    • completed form 1221
    • eMedical info sheet

hope this helps. good luck! :)

Pinoy2028

312211 - Civil Engineering Draftsperson | Age: 25 | English Proficiency: 20 | Education: 15 |State Nomination: 5 | Years of Overseas Experience 15 | Total 80

Timeline:
    14 Jan 2019 - PTE: L 90 R 82 S 90 W 90
    25 Mar 2019 - Assessment passed to Vetassess
    18 Jul 2019 - Vetassess Result: Positive [8.8 years]
    19 Jul 2019 - EOI 190 VIC [80 points]
    26 Aug 2019 - Pre-Invite from VIC received
    28 Aug 2019 - Applied for VIC State Sponsorship
    31 Oct 2019 - VIC 190 Visa Invite
    08 Nov 2019 - Singapore Police Clearance release & Medical @ SATA Bedok
    18 Nov 2019 - NBI Clearance release [Philippines]
    20 Nov 2019 - Visa Application
    24 Feb 2020 - Visa Grant!! TYL

Thank you po sa additional info and clarification mga sir.. akala ko ksi same pa yung hihingin na documents..

• shizuoka2020shizuoka2020 Posts: 40Member

hi, 3 years kami ng boyfriend ko. 3 years live in rin pero we doubt na enough yung proof namin na we are cohabitating together na for 3 years. since papunta na rin naman kami sa kasal. iniisip namin na option is to get married para legal then start applying for 190 visa. tingin niyo okay ba yun?

• PedalPusherPedalPusher Posts: 8Member

Hi, I am looking to apply for the onshore partner visa. 3 years na kami ng GF ko, pero hindi kami nag live together bago ako pumunta dito sa AU as PR. Pwede ba kami mag file ng PV as de facto partners? Meron kaming mga pictures, plane tickets, emails, text messages, joint accounts and bank transfers as evidence. Enough na ba iyon sa ngayon? Balak namin magpakasal but because of Covid baka matagalan pa. So pwede bang mag file muna as de facto then while waiting for the visa, ay iadd nalang ang marriage certificate?

@shizuoka2020 said:
    hi, 3 years kami ng boyfriend ko. 3 years live in rin pero we doubt na enough yung proof namin na we are cohabitating together na for 3 years. since papunta na rin naman kami sa kasal. iniisip namin na option is to get married para legal then start applying for 190 visa. tingin niyo okay ba yun?

hi! why would there be insufficient proof if you don't mind me asking.

312211 - Civil Engineering Draftsperson | Age: 25 | English Proficiency: 20 | Education: 15 |State Nomination: 5 | Years of Overseas Experience 15 | Total 80

Timeline:

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@LovellaEllen said:
    @barricade Sa sitwasyun mo, parang wala ng ibang option kundi get legally married. Try to consult a migration agent/agency baka meron pang ibang way.

@barricade said:
    hello, question po.

Eto po mga makakatulong:
    1. Statutory Declaration
    2. Pictures
    3. Chat logs and Emails
    4. Receipts (e.g. Western Union, DHL)

ANZCO 233311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

TOTAL POINTS: 55/60
    (Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

• MumVengMumVeng NSW

@MumVeng said:

@LovellaEllen said:

@barricade said:
    hello, question po.

Eto po mga makakatulong:
    1. Statutory Declaration
    2. Pictures
    3. Chat logs and Emails

I forgot...
    5. Stat declaration from your friends and families attesting to your relationship.

ANZCO 233311 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER

TOTAL POINTS: 55/60
    (Age:30 | Education: 15 | English: 10 (Preparing for PTE to get 20) | Experience: 0)

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@PedalPusher said:
    Hi, I am looking to apply for the onshore partner visa. 3 years na kami ng GF ko, pero hindi kami nag live together bago ako pumunta dito sa AU as PR. Pwede ba kami mag file ng PV as de facto partners? Meron kaming mga pictures, plane tickets, emails, text messages, joint accounts and bank transfers as evidence. Enough na ba iyon sa ngayon? Balak namin magpakasal but because of Covid baka matagalan pa. So pwede bang mag file muna as de facto then while waiting for the visa, ay iadd nalang ang marriage certificate?

marriage license meron n kayo?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

@Captain_A said:

@PedalPusher said:

Wala pa. Hindi pa kami magkasama sa ngayon. Ang iniisip sana namin gawin ay kumuha siya ng tourist visa, then pagkarating niya ay saka kami mag file ng onshore partner visa. Pwede po ba yun? Nagaalala ako doon sa proof namin kung enough na nga ba yun. Kasi nakalagay sa immi site na kailangan same address dapat kami. Salamat po!

• lecialecia Posts: 1,841Member

@PedalPusher said:

@Captain_A said:

@PedalPusher said:

Wala pa. Hindi pa kami magkasama sa ngayon. Ang iniisip sana namin gawin ay kumuha siya ng tourist visa, then pagkarating niya ay saka kami mag file ng onshore partner visa. Pwede po ba yun? Nagaalala ako doon sa proof namin kung enough na nga ba yun. Kasi nakalagay sa immi site na kailangan same address dapat kami. Salamat po!

Yes pwde po yun na mag tourist visa sya as long as walang “no further stay conditions “. Pwde mo sya ma apply on shore partner visa. Magkasama pa kayo then keep on uploading evidences po.. Saang state ka? May mga state na owde mag register ng relationship like NSW to waive the 12 mos cohabitation. Kasi kahit married kayo, parehong proof din ang iask sa inyo to prove the genuine ang relationship, except meron kayong marriage contract.

Magdownload ka ng partner visa pdf file, anjan mga list of docs to prove relationship po..

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

08/09/2017 - passed Australian Medical Scientist exam
    27/10/2017 - PTE LRSW- 77/80/75/85
    2018- got promoted, new job responsibilities,stop muna ang AUSSIE DREAM
    25/09/2018- PTE LRSW- 70/82/90/70 ( technical, ayaw magmove ng mouse ko sa listening, 2 WFD diko nasagot, submitted report\complain pero wala din)
    17/10/2018- PTE LRSW- 84/77/90/84
    09/02/2019- PTE LRSW- 83/82/90/85
    10/02/2019 -EOI lodge 75 (189) 80 (190)
    11/02/2019 - ITA received 189 ( 75 points)
    12/02/2019 - NSW ITA received 190 ( 80 points)
    19/02/2019 - SG PCC released
    20/02/2019 - Medical at SATA Ang Mo Kio @6-9 pm night clinic
    23/02/2019 - Visa lodged 189
    06/03/2019 - NBI provided ( umuwi ako Pinas kasi sa online Last name ni husband nag aapear, di pa ako nagchange ng married name ko kaya gusto ko kapareho nun passport at iba pang docs ko. Pag sa Pinas, pinakita ko lang passport ko at yun nirelease nila.

• Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@PedalPusher said:

@Captain_A said:

@PedalPusher said:

baka pwede kayo magpaksal na dito para derecho na

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt

• shizuoka2020shizuoka2020 Posts: 40Member

@..arki_ said:

@shizuoka2020 said:

nababasa ko kasi na need na same billing address, need na may joint account.

@lecia said:

@PedalPusher said:

@Captain_A said:

@PedalPusher said:

Yes pwde po yun na mag tourist visa sya as long as walang “no further stay conditions “. Pwde mo sya ma apply on shore partner visa. Magkasama pa kayo then keep on uploading evidences po.. Saang state ka? May mga state na owde mag register ng relationship like NSW to waive the 12 mos cohabitation. Kasi kahit married kayo, parehong proof din ang iask sa inyo to prove the genuine ang relationship, except meron kayong marriage contract.

Magdownload ka ng partner visa pdf file, anjan mga list of docs to prove relationship po..

Salamat po sa sagot. Yes, no work and study lang po nakalagay sa tourist visa ng partner ko. Walang no further stay conditions. Sa 12 mo cohabitation, kailan po ba magsstart ang pag count nun? After lodging na po ba or while waiting? And automatic po ba nagkakaroon na agad ng Temp PV pagkafile? At yung requirements po ba ay same nung sinabi ni @MumVeng na:

1. Statutory Declaration
    2. Pictures
    3. Chat logs and Emails

Salamat po ulit sa sasagot.

@Captain_A ang balak ko po sana ay after mabigyan ng Temp PV ay dito na magpakasal. So ok lang po ba yun na magiiba ang situation namin after lodging ng visa?

@shizuoka2020 said:

@..arki_ said:

@shizuoka2020 said:

nababasa ko kasi na need na same billing address, need na may joint account.

i see.. for us, we didn't have a joint account also pero same billing address meron, yung celfone bills and bank statements sent to the same address.. baka meron parang workaround kung walang same billing address, basta anything in paper to prove that you are in fact living together. mga pinasa lang namin aside sa proof of same billing address, plane tickets (pati yung sa upcoming trip), statutory declaration 1 each from families namin then friend nya and friend ko tapos lots of photos of us and with family and friends.

Timeline: