Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Need advise:

thrillseekerthrillseeker SydneyPosts: 19Member
edited February 2013 in Working in Australia
Good afternoon sa inyo. My GF and I had our visa approved and we're on our way to Sydney this Mar20th. Now the biggest question in my life is that I am an undergrad although I managed to work my way up here in the Philippines in both Banking and IT field. Kinakabahan ako how my life will turn out in AU.

We applied for a Student Visa and si GF ang unang mag aaral. Then I wias included as a DeFacto partner.

Here's our plan;

1. GF to study/part-time work
2. work myself to death to pay up the bills and support ourselves ;)
3. become PR (eventually)

Here are a few questions that I hope someone will be able to help me;

1. Will I find work? with just my work experience in the PH?
2. Do you think I can support myself as well to study at the same time with my GF? Or should I just let her finish first then I'll enroll eventually?
3. Will we make it? (LOL)

Maraming salamat po.

Comments

• lizlizlizliz Quezon City
    @thrillseeker

Hi thrillseeker.. :) kaya naman makasupport as long as hindi lang talaga mapili sa work.. :) ano course ng gf mo? :)
  • thrillseekerthrillseeker Sydney
    Management yung kukunin nya pagdating sa AU. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa nagssink in sa kin eh. I've established a life here in the PH but i know I can make it more successful if I'll be in AU. Kasi kung kaya naman magwork & study at the same time, gagawin ko na para masave ko yung years na hihintayin ko pang makatapos si Gf.
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    edited February 2013
    @thrillseeker congrats on a new journey hehe...yes, work experience and educational background will play a big factor in employment there...But that should not stop you from taking short courses ...(i.e. TAFE). Get that done and you're as competent as any bloke out there :D
    thanks Loki Jr ;) I know it's going to be one difficult journey since I wasted most of my time playing around. awts!

We'll be staying at NSW, looking forward to meet new people and take interesting photographs.
    one quick question. Since si GF yung approved for Student Visa and mine is simply a deFacto ticket (sabit). Can I apply for Short courses as well? (given that I am able to pay?)
  • LokiJrLokiJr Quezon City
    I think so, TAFE is for everyone naman for as long as you have the right to live in Australia. naka-state yan sa visa ng GF mo hehe
    I hope someone can answer this query I have in mind.

So Student Visa states that the individual is only allowed with 20hours of part time job per week. Since I am on a Partner Status visa, will this condition also apply substanstially to me? Or can I work for more than 20 hours as opposed to what Student Visa states?
  • lock_code2004lock_code2004 Perth
    I hope someone can answer this query I have in mind.

So Student Visa states that the individual is only allowed with 20hours of part time job per week. Since I am on a Partner Status visa, will this condition also apply substanstially to me? Or can I work for more than 20 hours as opposed to what Student Visa states?
    @thrillseeker - are you a partner visa of a PR/Au citizen?
    or a dependent visa of a student visa holder?

if you have a partner visa, you really dont have any restrictions on number of working hours..

Sep 24, 2011 - IELTS (L-8 R-8 W-8 S-7.5 : OBS-8)
    Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    May 8, 2012 - Lodged GSM 175 online application | June 4, 2012 - CO Allocated
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)
    Sep 3, 2012 - Visa Granted (IED Jun 11, 2013) Thank You Lord!
    Oct 16-28, 2012 - Initial Entry Completed - Sydney
    July 28, 2013 - Final move to Perth
    Sep 9, 2013 - Started work with the same company i worked for in UAE/USA
    Oct 28, 2013 - Moved to another company.. ;)

• StraderStrader Philippines
    I think u are only entitled to work up to 20hrs per week. Applicable lang ang 20hrs plus pag masteral tapos research..kung masteral na coursework parang ang partner lang yata ang allowed lampas sa 20hrs...yon ang narinig ko sa iba..though im not sure. ^^

Tapos kung gusto mo mag.aral may mga short courses sila sa mga partners but limited weeks of study lang. But if u want to study like for 6 mos they will require u to enroll and have ur own student visa na. I don't know if this is still their rule.. try to ask other students here. ^^

Feb. 9, 2017- SS SA application submitted
    Mar. 2, 2017- SS approval (ITA received)
    Mar. 31, 2017- Medical @ nationwide cebu
    Apr. 11- medical cleared (son)
    Apr. 12- Medical cleared (me and my spouse)
    Apr. 14- Visa Lodge
    Apr. 24- CO contact asking for certified copy of passport for my son and my evidence of overseas study. CO Ruth
    Same day - complied all requested docs.
    June 9, 2017- 2nd CO contact- no docs requested (automated email for the delay of visa grant)
    September 13, 2017 - VISA GRANT!!!! CO Ruth- team adelaide
    BM - November 2017
    TYL

@Strader - hindi ko nabasa yung initial post.. ;)
    i think mali ang term na ginamit "Partner Visa" because that is a different subclass..

kaya i ask if he is really under a "partner visa" or a "dependent of student visa"

Jan 04, 2012 - EA application submitted | Feb 23, 2012 - EA assessment result (IE ANZSCO 233511)
    June 22, 2012 - Medicals Finalized | Aug 30, 2012 - PCCs Completed (PH, UAE, USA)

• StraderStrader Philippines
    @lock_code2004 hehehe uu nga naman. Nagets ko na kasi nabasa ko ung previous post ^^

Feb. 9, 2017- SS SA application submitted
    Mar. 2, 2017- SS approval (ITA received)
    Mar. 31, 2017- Medical @ nationwide cebu
    Apr. 11- medical cleared (son)
    Apr. 12- Medical cleared (me and my spouse)
    Apr. 14- Visa Lodge
    Apr. 24- CO contact asking for certified copy of passport for my son and my evidence of overseas study. CO Ruth
    Same day - complied all requested docs.
    June 9, 2017- 2nd CO contact- no docs requested (automated email for the delay of visa grant)
    September 13, 2017 - VISA GRANT!!!! CO Ruth- team adelaide
    BM - November 2017
    TYL

Salamat sa inyong dalawa. Hirap nang magkamali. Though my main target is to study first para mas matino yung paraan. I'll just have to cehck if my budget will permit me.
    Follow up question: regarding my status? Am I a Student Visa holder as well? Or a glitch in the system? Saling pusa? haha!

I mean, my partner is a Student Visa holder and then I applied as her "DeFacto" partner
    Follow up question: regarding my status? Am I a Student Visa holder as well? Or a glitch in the system? Saling pusa? haha!

I mean, my partner is a Student Visa holder and then I applied as her "DeFacto" partner
    You are classified as a Spouse/partner of a Student Visa holder.
    Normally, kung anu ang rights to work ng primary applicant, ganun din ang dependent..

But if you will be studying as well, i think may ibang rule for dependents fof Student visas..
    - you cannot study for courses with more than 3 months duration.
    - if you will be studying (for more than 3 mos), you will need a separate Student visa..

check the complete details at DIAC's website..

example for visa 573
    With this visa:
    •you can study in Australia
    •eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
    •you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
    •your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters by coursework degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
    your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.