Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• ms2189ms2189 Mandaluyong
    @trinketz_07 mara? aged care III. oct 7? sabay tayo
  • chill_icechill_ice Davao City
    @raki03 wala po s APIC un

Sub class 573 - MBA - APIC - Sydney (October 24, 2013)

June 11 - application lodged
    June 17- recieved text msg from DIAC, my application has been received
    June 19- was advised to undergo medical examination with my husband and daughter
    June 28 - Underwent medical examination on NHSI
    July 5 - recieved email from NHSI that my medical result was sent to DIAC

Sept 6 medical uploaded to DIAC
    Sept 26- personal interview
    until now... waiting...

• dee25dee25 Quezon City
    edited September 2013
    Hello, I'm new here and I'm about to lodge my visa application.
    I have a question.. it's for VET subclass 572 (Diploma on Hospitality-Commercial Cookery).. I'm mostly qualified in all the requirements, but only mostly; because I have a semester's worth of bad grade when I was in Taiwan doing Economics Course, I dropped out of the course because, I really didn't want to do it anymore... it's really not for me, I was sort of pressured into taking it by my family but, that's aside the point. I want to do what I want to do this time and as I was searching through the internet I happen to come across a school in Australia which offered a great package of level cert. and diploma for commercial cookery.

Going back to the main point: My IELTS score is 7.0 no score lower than 6.0 in any of the IELTS criteria, I've exceeded the minimum amount for financial statement they're requesting for show money, I have been accepted as a full time student, paid it already and I have my eCOE and also paid for my OSHC, receipt received... I may have good grades in HighSchool but not when I got to College in Taiwan. With this, does that mean I won't be granted a student's visa? I was hoping of doing SVP but I thought, I'll go to a University on my own when I can afford to pay for it without needing my dad to sponsor me for it.

Last but not the least, is it probably possible to just not include my college record or do I really have no choice? I want to know my chances.. I didn't expect for Australia to be strict in terms of grades (I haven't lodged, I just found out about it as I was searching around and saw a post about being denied due to poor educational background).. and I've already paid and all.. prepped and excited to boot. Can anyone advice me? :(

and curious about 'mara', ano ang mara?
  • trinketz_07trinketz_07 San Pablo City
    @ms2189 ayyy di ako aged care eh though nurse ako...kinuha ko childcare services 2 years...after ko saka ako apply post registration sa Deakin uni...
    @ms2189 mara....registered migration lawyer...si rafesevelyn17 din may mara din cya...di samen directly nagcocommunicate ang diac...sakanila...then saka sila naguupdate samen...
    @dee25 mara's are australian registered migration lawyers...they are lawyers who accompany students and applicants to process visas on principal's behalf....i suggest look for mara who can guide tou through the process..they are experts about diac's policies and procedures.
  • dee25dee25 Quezon City
    @trinketz_07 where can I find them? I'm curious... is there anyone here who only has a h.s. diploma and applied for VET? I want to know if they were allowed to go or not.. 'cause if I remember correctly Philippine's h.s. diploma is only equivalent to year 10. However, the school I applied for only requires year 10 kaya I was given an unconditional offer letter. I wonder if, I point that out.. it'd be okay.. :/
  • iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @cutie0717 hi. nabasa ko lang question mo. yung work visa is given for graduates of 2-year courses. binibigay sya to give graduates the chance to acquire experience para maging eligible to apply for PR. if you have previous experience naman related to your chosen course, i think, you can apply na for PR after you graduate.
    @dee25 if you got an offer from the school, it should mean you're qualified. it shouldn't be a problem that you only have a high school diploma here. by the way, did you submit your school transcript in Taiwan when you applied for school in OZ?
  • dee25dee25 Quezon City
    @iheartoz I didn't.. I only submitted my H.S. diploma and transcript, because my transcript from Taiwan are all in Chinese. I did have a certificate from ISCAHM for taking a 1 month course for fundamentals of bread baking, so I also submitted that.
    @dee25 you shouldn't worry then. :)
  • dee25dee25 Quezon City
    @iheartoz thank you! I really really do hope it'll all be fine, because I'm planning to lodge my application next week. And as I saw also in immi.gov that anyone who applies should at least have a diploma or transcript of year 11. :/
    @ms2189 if you dont mind when na acknowledged ang application for visa mo ng diac?
    @dee25 ohh. i didn't know that. so it means you should have at least finished a year in college pala. but the school gave you an offer. they should know that you are qualified for a student visa. maybe you can verify from them?
  • dee25dee25 Quezon City
    edited September 2013
    @iheartoz it's in the school's website that if you want to apply for Cert level III in Commercial Cookery you just need to at least reach year 10. As for the Diploma you need to get cert. level IV or year 11. But because my program from them is a package Cert.III in Commercial Cookery + Diploma in Hospitality, they gave me an unconditional offer letter.

The problem is, in the immi.gov they only require year 11. So, I don't know how it works for those schools who only requires year 10. Does that mean, because I'm a Filipina I can't apply for it?
    @trinketz_07 july 12. july 15 medical, july 18 na upload. ikaw?
    @ms2189 ahhhh matagal na pala..nagfile ung mara ko July 30,Aug 6 nagacknowledged,Aug for medical pero Aug 12 na ako nakapamaedical,Aug 15 na upload ng nationwide....lagpas 1 month na pla kayo noh...haaayyysss sana dumating na saten this week...
    @ms2189 ilan years mo kinuha ang agedcare?diniretso mo na cert 4?
    @dee25 i just checked on the immi website, year 11 nga ang nasa checklist. maybe you can ask your school about it.
  • rafesevelyn17rafesevelyn17 Iligan City
    2 weeks na lang class ko na, wala parin grant. :(
    @rafesevelyn17 malapit na sayo..this week anjan na yan andsunod na din samen next week.:)
  • dee25dee25 Quezon City
    meron ba kayong mga kilala dyan na nag apply for subclass 572 (VET) with H.S. diploma lang but got visa granted?
  • aa777aa777 Mandaluyong
    Hello, may idea ba kayo kung okay lang mag pass bank statement issued abroad? Yung sponsor ko kasi from Japan..
  • PampangasBestPampangasBest Sydney
    @aa777 my sponsor is my uncle from the states.... i asked him to have all the financial documents sent via UPS, it will also help if your sponsor can have the statutory letter of financial report notarized in the country of origin, in your case it is japan.

VET - Subclass 572
    October 2011 - IELTS Exam
    July 8, 2013 - Received eCoE from Supreme Business College Sydney
    August 7, 2013 - Lodged application through VIA
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 14, 2013 - Medical Examination Done @ NHSI
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)
    October 7, 2013 - Visa Grant!

• PampangasBestPampangasBest Sydney
    sending another follow-up email today.. my class starts in 20 days..
    Good day!

The start of my class is September 23 and I do have 20 days to go as of this writing. I would like to ask your kind office for any update with regard to my visa application, if there is something that I need to do or send.

Last time I followed up, I still have no case officer. I am aware that a lot of visa applications are being reviewed at your end and I totally understand how occupied your case officers are, but I just do hope to have an update with regard to my visa application status.

If there is anything needs to be done or sent, kindly give me the instructions for a prompt action. Hoping to receive an update.

God bless and more power!
    Regards,

VET - Subclass 572
    October 2011 - IELTS Exam
    July 8, 2013 - Received eCoE from Supreme Business College Sydney
    August 7, 2013 - Lodged application through VIA
    August 12, 2013 - Received Acknowledgement email that my application was received together with the medical examination request
    August 14, 2013 - Medical Examination Done @ NHSI
    August 16, 2013 - Medical Results were uploaded to DIAC as per NHSI (phone follow-up)
    October 7, 2013 - Visa Grant!

• Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    Bakit walang paramdam ang diac?

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.

• muffin_jammuffin_jam Brisbane
    Hi eyeryone! Any advice on where i should avail of certified language translation of documents like University Diploma? NAATI accredited translators po ba ang inohonor ng Australian Universities or ok lang po sa iba? Has someone here already tried Orange translations in Makati? Tia!
    @Siopao23 antagal ng walang grant no? sigurado andami na nilang backlog niyan, puro application, walang grant.
  • Siopao23Siopao23 North Ryde
    @ms2189 agree. Sa email di rin sumasagot. Pero bibiglain na lang tayo sa grant natin

"IF YOU ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT".

John 14:14

Loving Lord!The Scripture says that You are aware of all our needs, even before we ask You. So I come to You and place this request at Your loving hands.You know how desperate I am for getting the Visa. My soul has become weary and anxious over this delay in getting the visa .O Lord! Speak in the hearts of the concerned officials, grant me favour in their eyes and help me to get my visa on time so that my purpose is fulfilled. Perfect everything for me my Master. I wait at Your feet and trust in You to make this possible. I know that You will do it for You will never let Your children down. I thank You for listening to my plea! To You alone be all honour and glory. In the sweet name of Jesus I pray.Amen.