Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student Visa (Step by step)

Comments

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    @jhoney

tama si caiomhe above na no need proof of funds ang Deakin University since it belongs to the SVP (streamlined visa processings) institutions then in that case i assess ka na belong ka sa Assessment level 1..meaning you will have less evidentiary documents at saka you still has to prove na may access ka sa funds mo....good luck sis.....

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• jhoneyjhoney Mandaluyong
    thanks talaga @danyan2001us..

sana nga makahabol ako sa feb intake sa deakin.
    by the way @danyn2001us, what do you mean when you said i still need to prove that i can access my funds?
    i dont have a big sum of money on my bank accounts, my uncle who is an Australian citizen will be sponsoring me studies. do you think that i should really have the funds on my account pa???
  • bbgirlbbgirl Mandaluyong
    @jhoney kailangan mo not lower that 6.0 sa ielts if you want sa Deakin ka. :)

~ 573 SVP with 1 dependent ~

May 31 - applied online at University website
    June 17 - Uni sent a message that they approved 14 credits for prior learning.
    June 21 - Uni emailed: move my intake to Feb 2014.
    July 5 - Passed IELTS! Yipee. Emailed Uni my result.
    July 16 - Received conditional OFFER LETTER from Uni. :)
    July 19 - sent my TOR to Uni.
    July 22 - Uni received my TOR
    July 24 - received my UNCONDITIONAL OFFER.
    July 31 - paid tuition fees and received COE
    Sept 16 - lodged visa application 573 SVP with one dependent thru VIA
    Sept 17 - acknowledgement from embassy with medical request.
    Sept 18 - Medical Examination at NHSI
    Sept 24 - Medical forwarded to Embassy
    Oct 4 - Phone interview with CO.
    Oct 7 - Emailed immi asking for updates
    Oct 8 - Received email from immi stating application is under assessment.
    Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.
    Oct 9 - visa refusal! :(

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

• BornBorn Mandaluyong
    I haven't applied yet. I just wanted to ask so that I would know if I should ask for help from an agency.
    hi @born!

did you apply ba on your own lang? or do you have an agent in applying?
    Hi all, 573- SVP po ang iaapply kong visa. I have proof of funds to submit. Nakakapagtaka bakit no need of proof of funds? Anyway, Im a Deakin Student here. Will lodge my application this coming week. Not lower of 6.0 po dapat and depende po sa course of study mo ang IELTS result. Makakaabot ka pa naman sa Feb intake sa tingin ko.

Paanong proof to access funds? Do we need an affidavit? :)

Oct 9 - Received text message from Air 21 and Embassy that my documents has been dispatched.

Commit to the Lord everything you do. Then your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 (NIRV)

The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more priceless it will become when you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. All good things are worth waiting for, and worth fighting for.

thanks talaga @danyan2001us..

sana nga makahabol ako sa feb intake sa deakin.
    by the way @danyn2001us, what do you mean when you said i still need to prove that i can access my funds?
    i dont have a big sum of money on my bank accounts, my uncle who is an Australian citizen will be sponsoring me studies. do you think that i should really have the funds on my account pa???
    hi,

i don't think na nneed talaga to have those funds in your account...just liek the case of my wife when she applied for her masters in professional accounting last year..ang sponsor nya ay yong tita ng friend niya na pinay pero citizen na dito...ang ginawa ng tita ng friend niya gumawa ng affidavit of support at sa document na yon binanggit lang na may access si mrs sa funds nila sa banko dito sa melbourne at pagkatapos pinapirmahan sa police..na ok na siya....strong din yang sponsor mo dahil nga relative (uncle mo)..so request him to make an affidavit of support and then submit rin yong bank statement....good luck sis.....

primary applicant- wife

@jhoney @danyn2001us ang alam ko po hindi humihingi ng proof of funds ang Deakin. how about pag lodge ng visa?

hi bbgirl! thank sa reply..

OBS ko sa ielts is 6.5.. kelangan bang 6.5 in each category kasi 5.5 lang ako sa reading eh.
    kahit ba mag english course ako sa deakin, hindi pa rin ako ma aaccept??
  • dftdft Davao City
    @bbgirl sa IELTS score mu merun kpb DUELI sa deakin? merun pa kasi sa offer ko kaya conditional pa tnx!

Feb 16, 2013 - Acad IELTS @ BC Doha
    Feb 28, 2013 - got results
    June 4, 2013 - Applied to Deakin Univ. (BN 1 year conversion)
    Aug 9, 2013 - Offer @ Deakin Feb 2014 intake

• dftdft Davao City
    @jhoney @danyn2001us ang alam ko po hindi humihingi ng proof of funds ang Deakin. how about pag lodge ng visa?
    i want the answer of this question too! hehe

Hi all, 573- SVP po ang iaapply kong visa. I have proof of funds to submit. Nakakapagtaka bakit no need of proof of funds? Anyway, Im a Deakin Student here. Will lodge my application this coming week. Not lower of 6.0 po dapat and depende po sa course of study mo ang IELTS result. Makakaabot ka pa naman sa Feb intake sa tingin ko.

Paanong proof to access funds? Do we need an affidavit? :)
    Hi bbgirl, may ishare ako sa iyo na link tungkol doon sa proof of funds hope this will be of help to you.....http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/public/@web/@unia/documents/doc/uow122378.pdf.....kasama sa nakalagay dyan ang statement na ito...."will only have to declare access to funds, not prove funds held for a period of
    time in a bank account or similar"....para yan sa mga institutions na kasali sa SVP (streamlined visa processing) like Deakin Uni.....pero sa iyo na may proof of funds mas ok pakiramdam mo di ba? yon sa access to funds, yes ask ka lang ng affidavit of support sa sponsor mo at ang bank statement nya.....

primary applicant- wife

thank thanks talaga danyn2001us.. hopefully talaga ma approve ako. i am scheduled for consultation sa idp this coming week. complete ko na nga kagad requirements ko eh pra makapag apply kagad sa school, ehe.. God bless sa ating mag aapply palang ^_^
    @jhoney

good luck sis...and just offer prayers to MAMA MARY and STo NINO.....pray rin tayo sa lahat ng mga applicants na ma ok na applications nila.....

primary applicant- wife

@jhoney anong course mo ba? Kapag lower ka sa expected nila dun ka ata nila bibigyan ng conditional offer na mag take ka ng english course.

if BSN: IELTS overall score of 7 with no individual band score less than 7.

Sa akin kasi BSIT: Overall IELTS score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0 (or equivalent).

@dft: Wala na po. Ano IELTS result mo? Overall ko 7.

@danyan2001us oh okay. declaration lang pala. :) ang sponsor ko naman kasi parents ko at inlaws. so wala naman siguro problema doon.

@danyan2001us oh okay. declaration lang pala. :) ang sponsor ko naman kasi parents ko at inlaws. so wala naman siguro problema doon.
    ok na yang mga sponsor mo dahil related nga sa iyo..kay mrs nga last year tita lang ng friend niya (hindi related sa amin), pero siguro dahil masters yong kuha nya at ta;os na siya dito ng Advanced Diploma of Accounting sa Northern Melbourne Institute of Technology so maybe that could have been one of the factors....at saka ang pinas din kasi ay assessment level II din ang University of Ballarat ang school niya ay SVP member din....anyway ok na yang sa iyo sis....

primary applicant- wife

Thanks po. Monday or Tuesday na ako mag lolodge. Balitaan ko kayo. Good evening to all!

• shanedc08shanedc08 Sydney
    hi.. normally po ba, gano katagal bago makarecieve ng letter of offer from prospect school?? thnks.. :)
    @shanedc08

depende yan sa institution kung kailan sila mag reply sa comunication mo....just make a follow up to your chosen institution ....good luck bro...ciao

primary applicant- wife

• tenseakotenseako Brisbane
    @Born kung sa Philippines ka maglodge as far as i know, walang online for student visa. ako, thru agent so sa knila ko sinend ung docs then sila ngpadala, courier.

Subclass 573 - SVP
    ELICOS for 12 weeks + BS Nursing
    ELICOS commencing on October 24, 2013

April 15 2013 - letter offer from QUT
    June 3, 2013 - paid tuition fee
    June 10, 2013 - accepted offer
    June 20, 2013 - eCOE given
    June 26, 2013 - visa lodge via IDP
    June 27, 2013 - visa lodgment confirmation text received
    July 2, 2013 - informed for medical
    July 3, 2013 - medicals done
    July 5, 2013 - medicals uploaded. NHSI informed me that there's no need for additional tests.
    July 6, 2013 - medical results referred to MOC, informed that decision will be made after approximately 8 weeks from the date of referral.
    August 13, 2013 - embassy informed me that my medical clearance was issued and will strive to finalize my visa as soon as possible.
    Augsut 16, 2013 - VISA GRANT! :D
    August 17, 2013 - received a text message from DIAC that my passport/documents was dispatched to the courier for delivery

"No pain, No gain."

• acelechi15acelechi15 Woolloongabba
    @acelechi15

siya b sponsor mo
    Yes po sya lahat. :)
  • iheartoziheartoz Sydney
    @Born i suggest you go to IDP. education agent sila na free ang services. they will help you from your application to school until sa visa processing. they know what to do so di ka na mawawala sa process. masisiguro mo pa na complete ang requirements mo since they will check and assess every document you submit. even the forms you fill out, isa-isang tinitingnan mga sagot kung complete na ba. i had a hassle-free experience with them so i really recommend IDP.
  • acelechi15acelechi15 Woolloongabba
    Same here. Please go to IDP and ask for assistance.
  • guro_akoguro_ako Sydney
    I'll share my experience with IDP. I went to their Makati office last year pa, then I asked them if I can get a PR after my studies, I was told that they only process student visa. That time kasi search mode pa ako noon, in short aanga anga pa. So ang reaction ko, bakit pa ako mag agency. Research pa rin sa mga schools, compare tuition fees and courses being offered. Early this year I applied on line to CSU, after two weeks saka pa lang nila naacknowledged yung application ko and requested some documents. After a month of hearing nothing, I followed up. To cut the story short, after 3 months of waiting they refused my application. I panicked, school application pa lang rejected na, what more if visa application na.

I searched, read and asked. Because of Pinoyau, i learned a lot about IDP and nabago yung first impression ko. So i went back to their office, I listened then I followed their instructions. Another thing, do not question their expertise, ako rin nagtaka kung bakit yun lang ang documents na sinubmit ko when i lodged my application.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    Hindi po sa student visa, sa student visa po. Pwede po ba? How long?
    @Born kung sa Philippines ka maglodge as far as i know, walang online for student visa. ako, thru agent so sa knila ko sinend ung docs then sila ngpadala, courier.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    So by courier po nagsend ang IDP ng papers ninyo sa school? Mabilis ba process? Magkano bayad sa courier?
    @Born i suggest you go to IDP. education agent sila na free ang services. they will help you from your application to school until sa visa processing. they know what to do so di ka na mawawala sa process. masisiguro mo pa na complete ang requirements mo since they will check and assess every document you submit. even the forms you fill out, isa-isang tinitingnan mga sagot kung complete na ba. i had a hassle-free experience with them so i really recommend IDP.
  • BornBorn Mandaluyong
    Thank you @acelechi15 and @guro_ako din.

Magkano bayad sa courier service through IDP?

Ano difference ng conditional and unconditional offer letter?
  • tenseakotenseako Brisbane
    Hindi po sa student visa, sa student visa po. Pwede po ba? How long?
    wait lang po. mejo magulo ung reply nyo.. can you paraphrase? thanks! :)

Subclass 573 - SVP
    ELICOS for 12 weeks + BS Nursing
    ELICOS commencing on October 24, 2013

April 15 2013 - letter offer from QUT
    June 3, 2013 - paid tuition fee
    June 10, 2013 - accepted offer
    June 20, 2013 - eCOE given
    June 26, 2013 - visa lodge via IDP
    June 27, 2013 - visa lodgment confirmation text received
    July 2, 2013 - informed for medical
    July 3, 2013 - medicals done
    July 5, 2013 - medicals uploaded. NHSI informed me that there's no need for additional tests.
    July 6, 2013 - medical results referred to MOC, informed that decision will be made after approximately 8 weeks from the date of referral.
    August 13, 2013 - embassy informed me that my medical clearance was issued and will strive to finalize my visa as soon as possible.
    Augsut 16, 2013 - VISA GRANT! :D
    August 17, 2013 - received a text message from DIAC that my passport/documents was dispatched to the courier for delivery

"No pain, No gain."

• BornBorn Mandaluyong
    @tenseako

Yung question ko po ay about school application pa lang po. Wala pa po sa student visa.

How long po usually mag send ng offer letter ang Schools?
  • dftdft Davao City
    edited September 2013
    @bbgirl merun ako 6.5 kaya merun ako DUELI pinag iisipan ko umulit ng IELTS kasi sayang din ung bayad sa dueli nd kailangan dn natin un sa registration. Goodluck sa applic mu! balitaan mu kami. magka course nd sch. nmn tau :)