Hi All, I hope everyone is well and also your family. As a way to extend help during this time of crisis, Visa Consort in partnership with Pinoy AU, would like to offer further reduced rate (for a limited period) to anyone who would wish to engage a migration agent service. If you have conducted your research, you know that their rate is one of the most affordable in the market. Please click here for more details about the offering.
Hi to All, Please take extra care guys wherever you are, take care of your love ones too. Especially to our friends in Singapore, more being confirmed, and are through community spread, no longer from people who travelled from China. Observe proper hygiene at all times and also monitor our little ones as they often put their hands in their mouth.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

408 Visa for COVID-19 FAQ

Frequently asked questions for subclass 408 (COVID-19 Stream)

Temporary visas holders currently employed or capable of being employed in critical sectors may be eligible for a Temporary Activity (subclass 408 Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream) visa. Since the announcement on 4 April 2020 we have been receiving many questions which we have answered here. If you have further questions please book a consultation below.

Q: My current visa is soon to expire, should I apply for the 408 visa instead of a Visitor visa?

A: Applying for the 408 visa could be a better option as Visitor visa does not allow you to work. Also, depending on your current visa, you may have to pay the Subsequent Temporary Applicant charge of $700 on top of the Visitor visa application charge of $365 and 1.32% immigration credit card surcharge.

Q: I’m working as a Child Care Worker on a Graduate visa after completing my studies, but due to the current situation I’m unable to return back to my home country. Do I need to apply for a new Student visa?

A: If you are applying for the Student visa just to extend your stay here in Australia, Student visa is not recommended. Since you are currently working in a critical sector for COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for the 408 visa.

Q: I haven’t completed the 3 months of specified work required to apply for a Second Working Holiday visa and I’m worried that my visa will expire. I’m unable to return to my home country due to travel restriction. I’m currently working at a farm in regional Australia. Can I still apply for the Second Working Holiday visa?

A: Since you have not met the requirement for the Second Working Holiday visa, you are not qualified to apply. However, as you are currently working in one of the critical sectors, you can apply for the 408 visa and continue working.

Q: My Graduate visa expires soon. Can I apply for a new Graduate visa?

A: You can only apply for Graduate visa only once as a main applicant. However, if you are currently working in a critical sector for COVID-19 or have an ongoing skills related to crucial work or essential services, you may be eligible to apply for the 408 visa.

Seekvisa’s Coronavirus action plan

The Seekvisa team have plans in place to ensure ongoing operation for our current and prospective clients. We are able to work entirely remotely in the event that self-isolation is required or the offices are closed, including accessing client files, emails and phones, lodging applications, and accessing documents.

Recent News

408 Visa for COVID-19 FAQ

COVID-19 and Immigration New Zealand update

Bridging visas and COVID-19

New Zealanders in Australia that are Eligible for Government Support

States closing their business migration programs in response to COVID-19

The post 408 Visa for COVID-19 FAQ appeared first on Australian Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers Melbourne | SeekVisa.


Top Active Contributors

Top Posters