Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Moving in...From WA to NSW

ChillChill North RydePosts: 15Member
Hello mga Kabayan :)

Magtatanong lang po..coming from the West Coast going to East before the year ends:

1. Kamusta po ang working conditions, job market diyan? I've gathered from Seek.com and sa mga headhunters na maraming opportunities sa NSW compared sa WA pero mas intense ang competition dahil mas maraming skilled migrants as well as local applicants who are looking for work. Dito sa WA, medyo challenging kasi bagsak ang O&G and Mining industries kaya daming nawalan ng trabaho. Madami sa ating mga kababayan na 457visa ang nawalan ng trabaho and are forced to look for employers kaagad. If not, balik sila sa Pilipinas.

2. On top of rent, mayroon pa bang expenses na may kamahalan din? I assume yung presyo ng pagkain dito sa WA halos parehas diyan sa NSW. Benchmark ko kasi ano ang presyo ng Coles and Woolies sa grocery dito, parehas din diyan.

a. Wheat Bread - $1.80
b. Milk - $1
c. Egg - $3.50
d. Bacon (1kg) - $7
e. Fish Fillet (500grams) - $5
f. Brocolli - $3
g. Steak (1kg) - $14
h. Bigas (5 kg) - $11

Ang public transport dito sa WA, particularly sa Perth CBD and within the area, $30 - $50 per week ang budget mo.

3. Do I need to go the PHL embassy or is there I need to visit a PHL govt office where I need to register so that they will be informed of my whereabouts?

4. Anything I need to prepare on top of the above? Enjoy ako dito sa WA dahil hindi masyado matao and the beaches are everywhere. What is even more enjoyable is yung beaches di talaga masyado matao except for the City Beach and Scarborough Beach so ganda magtampisaw at lumangoy. And dahil sa luwag, you are comfy to learn surfing. Though WA is my home for quite awhile, I'm also looking forward going over East where there is more action and I can't wait to go back to do corporate work.

Cheers and maraming salamat sa makapagbibigay ng insights! :)

Chill

Chill

November 29 2012 - Submitted VETASSESS
January 21 2013 - Passed IELTS
March 4 - Received positive outcome
April 14 - Received invitation and lodge VISA 190
April 21 - CO allocated
May 11 - Finished Medical Exam
June 13 - VISA Granted! Thank you GOD!!!