Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Tax Lodging

jantoxjantox St LeonardsPosts: 102Member
Good day mate,

Tanong ko lang, dumating ako sa AU Jan 2015. Nakapag work Feb 2015. Ano ba gagamitin ko nyan etax or mytax? At am I a resident for tax purpose?

Comments

• strawberrystrawberry Sydney
    Follow the instructions na nasa link na ito @jantox for lodging tax return. https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/Lodging-your-first-tax-return/

regarding naman sa tax residency, kung ang visa mo ay more than 6 months u are considered as an Australian resident for tax purposes.
    Refer to "Common Situations" sa
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/International-tax-for-individuals/Work-out-your-tax-residency/

hope this helps. :)
  • fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    @jantox when you create your my.gov account and link it with ATO and file your income tax, automatic nya irerecommend ano dapat gamitin mo mytax or etax depende sa circumstances mo.
  • m0t0k0m0t0k0 Sydney
    @jantox @strawberry @fgs hello mates.

I plan to lodge via myGov / ATO this year around (last year I did via accountant). I can see in the ATO when I login the Lodge button.

Do you guys read any tutorial to accomplish this? If yes, can you share it here and I will read it before I try.

JUN 2021: Australian Citizenship Received
    JAN 2015 - JUN 2021: 261313 Software Engineer - Visa (189)

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    m0t0k0 said:

@jantox @strawberry @fgs hello mates.

I plan to lodge via myGov / ATO this year around (last year I did via accountant). I can see in the ATO when I login the Lodge button.

Do you guys read any tutorial to accomplish this? If yes, can you share it here and I will read it before I try.

Nope, its pretty straightforward.. besides some figures were prefilled( salaries received and tax paid etc.)
  • m0t0k0m0t0k0 Sydney
    @fgs I went and clicked the Lodge button, there were 4 steps and the last step would say the payment summaries for the year, although when I did it, there wasn't any prefilled data yet. I will check again in the following days.

Just wondering, if I had more than 1 job for the financial year, do I need to chase my previous employer for the PAYG or will it also be automatically be recognized?

In any case, this is ATO self-lodge is awesome, high-tech :)

JUN 2021: Australian Citizenship Received
    JAN 2015 - JUN 2021: 261313 Software Engineer - Visa (189)

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin
    m0t0k0 said:

@fgs I went and clicked the Lodge button, there were 4 steps and the last step would say the payment summaries for the year, although when I did it, there wasn't any prefilled data yet. I will check again in the following days.

Just wondering, if I had more than 1 job for the financial year, do I need to chase my previous employer for the PAYG or will it also be automatically be recognized?

In any case, this is ATO self-lodge is awesome, high-tech :)

If your employer paid the tax, it should have prefilled the form otherwise you can also encode it manually. If your previous employer wont give anymore the payg, you can refer to the last payslip and just copy the figures. Tax agents usually require payg but its just fine to refer to the last payslip if youre doing the lodging by yourself.