Happy 2019 sa lahat! New update lang... we are planning to revamp the site in the 1st - 2nd quarter of this year, time to change the very old look ng site. Salamat sa lahat ng support, especially sa mga loyal na bumabalik at moderator na walang sawang sumusuporta sa site.
I hope I'm not the only one who's new to the current visa change.
I lodged my application last July 1 since June30 was the last day for filing Subclass 573. My documents were ready but VFS closed early and the DIBP won't be receiving new applications for 573 anymore. Our agent, IDP, was just as perplexed since the change was relayed on June 30, so stressed kaming lahat. We tried our best to lodge on July 1 for the new visa subclass and we did.
I did my own research and these are what I found out:
- Under the new subclass, all student applicants must lodge online via the ImmiAccount.
- The requirements have been reduced (or increased). These depend on the result of the assessment based on your country of citizenship and the school/uni enrolled in. For more info: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-
- Payment has to be made by credit card. I requested a refund from the unused manager's check since online na ang lodging.
- They intend to "finalize 75% of complete student visa applications within one month".
- This might mean (hopefully) na mas mabilis na sya since the report from December 2015 stated na 75% of applications outside Australia "are finalised within 14-90 days."
I attached the necessary documents and paid for the visa online on July 1, 2016.
The results from my medical exams were received by DIBP on July 7, 2016. I tracked this on eMedical Client by typing my last name and HAP ID.
All I can do now is wait and hope for the best.
Hopefully, the results will be faster. Based on my readings on the SVP 573 applications, the visas were granted 14 days after the medicals. Hopefully, I'll get results soon. The waiting game is the challenge.
Please post your timeline and experiences under the new Subclass 500. Let's wish each other the best.
0LOL 0Awesome 0Informative 0Artistic