Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Possibilities of IT Professionals with little experience?

jbuanjbuan SydneyPosts: 6Member
Hi All!

I'm pretty new to this forum but have been doing a lot of research already. Like a lot of people here, my goal is to get to residency.

My current plan is to take the (risky) student pathway. I plan to take a 2 year Advanced Diploma course or similar, apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (485), then gain residency via either sponsorship or applying for a 189. I'm going to try and get a 2 year course for the 5 points when applying for a 189 in the future. Might go for the professional year or work during my time with the 485.

My questions are:
1. For residency, is a 2 year Master's Degree better than a 2 year Advanced Diploma? Please note I don't have a big budget.
2. I read recently that the 485 now requires 2 years worth of relevant experience in order to qualify. Is this true?
3. How competitive is the job market nowadays for my field? What are my chances in landing a job during my time with a 485?
4. Are there companies who are actually willing to sponsor IT professionals? I've seen that most if not all the ads on Seek and LinkedIn require applicants to have at least permanent residency.
5. Are there alternative pathways with better chances for me to secure residency in AU?

Things to note:
- 50 pts based on point system
- I'm 22 (25 pts)
- Band 8 on IELTS (9.0, 8.5, 7.0, 7.5) (10 pts)
- Took up BSCS in Saint Louis University (section 1 school) (15 pts)
- Will have 1 year work experience by July 2018
- Have a brother with PR and sister-in-law with AU citizenship in Sydney (if any of this matters) Also, have an aunt in Grafton, NSW who has PR.

Please help! Looking into leaving for AU this year. Thanks in advance!

Web Developer - ANZSCO 261212
[Age: 27 I English: 20 l Education: 15 | Work Exp: 5 l Aus Study Req: 5 | Partner: 10 | Total: SC190: (90) ]