Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

VET Course (concern show money)

jjennieferjjenniefer PhilippinesPosts: 27Member
Hello mga kabayan! I am a Tourism graduate with years of customer service experience. I am currently working in a Hospital. I'm planning to study in Australia for a vocational course since it's cheaper and short yung study year (1/2 yrs lang). May concern is lahat ng nainquire ko na agency, computed na kahit PHP100k yung tuition nung course. I need to have atleast PhP1M on my account. mostly this is for the living expenses. I dont have anyone / any relative who can sponsor me. Wala kaming kamag anak abroad. My budget is around Php100-300K only. Can someone help me what should I do? Or are there other options I could check? thank you!! -Jenn

Comments

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    Hi. From what I know, it's really necessary to have some funds in a bank account (either your own or a family/relative) as "show money." If you don't have it in your own account, you can draft a letter of "sponsorship" from a relative/family who has that amount in their bank, and ask for a copy of their bank certificate. Another option is to get a loan/borrow from a third party (not sure if bank loans would work though).

Even though your budget is Php 100-300k, you still need to show that evidence of financial capacity for your living costs UNLESS you have enrolled in one of the big universities (USyd, UniMelb, UNSW, etc.). Getting an eCoE from them means paying the pricey AUD15k (around Php 600k) for the first sem, but when applying for the visa, you won't be required to show any other proof of funds anymore (at least according to the Document Checklist Tool. I think it's much more economical to go for the "sponsorship" route so you can stick to your tuition budget and not shell out more money than necessary.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• jjennieferjjenniefer Philippines
    @athelene thank you for your input. i dont have any relative that may sponsor me. anyway, I think the only option I have right now is to save more. :)
  • atheleneathelene Brisbane
    @jjenniefer I highly recommend applying for the government scholarships if you really want to study in Australia. Endeavour Scholarships for next year should be opening soon :) It's worth a try to apply, malay mo makuha mo and you'll be on your way to AU next year! There's a subcategory scholarship for VET courses :D If there's a will, there's a way! ^_^v

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam