RemitAU
Exchange Rate Today is A$1= Php 35.20 https://www.remit.com.au
Ad Space Available
Schools & Sections List updated! View the announcement details here.
Welcome to the New and Upgraded Pinoy AU Forum! We have only updated a couple of times since 2010. Apology it took some time. Some of the features are still being migrated. Please feel free to report here or email me at [email protected] if you will encounter any issues. Thank you.

Can my boss alone sign my evidence of work?

Hello mga kabayan,

I've been reading up on the migration process starting early Jan of this year (happy new year btw), and I just stumbled upon the part about the ACS assessment.

My work history is as follows (note: these are all IT companies):

- My first company as a Junior Consultant (1 year and 1 month)
- My second company as a Release Engineer (2 years and 9 months)
- My current company as a DevOps Engineer (going 1 year this April 2019)

My major concern right now is tinakbuhan ko yung 2 year training bond ko sa first company kasi walang actual, billable work talaga the whole time I stayed there and I was very upset about that (I only did trainings, got officially certified in a certain software, and I even volunteered to train people in the company about Linux essentials).

They were able to give me my Certificate of Employment but this was because my dad demanded it from them personally.

However, after reading my contract again, I realized how vague my role was in my first company and mahirap atang ijustify sa ACS kung ano talaga yung mga ginawa ko doon.

I was thinking of creating a document that would acknowledge that I have done work for the company naman kahit papaano. My previous boss (who isn't with the company anymore as well) is willing to sign this document, however, I'm not really quite sure if this is okay without the company's letterhead and a signature from HR.

Can you share with me a piece of advice/your experiences if you've had a predicament similar to this one?

Thank you very much po.