Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Help me decide please

Sorry, may kahabaan..

I am 40yo, currently taking up Master's degree in Teaching Primary on my second semester, a course that is really different from my degree and experience before kaya getting my student visa approved offshore was a miracle, add pa my mature age... Hindi pa ako paid sa tuition fees ko this semester (deadline to pay 12kaud by March31). With the recent rumours na gagawing 35yo ang cutoff ng post graduate visa, wala na ako chance to stay in Australia after graduation ko nxt yr. I just arrived in Australia a week ago from my 9months leave from school, to resume nga sana ang studies ko...

At the same time, i have a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS for 511112 Project Administrator, maximum 15pts (above 8yrs) because of my solid offshore work experience, eligible for visa 190/491.. but by June2024, it will decrease to 10pts (5-8yrs) dahil di na ako employed sa occupation na yun. I lodged my EOIs in July2023 WHILE OFFSHORE to NSW, VIC and SA for both 190/491.

My points now are as below:

English: 20
Education: 15
Experience: 15 (down to 10 in June)
Single: 10 (pero i have a new partner now na isasama ko sana sa application so i am waiting for his PTE to claim 5pts, no skills assessment)
TOTAL 75 base points
190+5: 80pts
491+15: 90pts

I have been waiting for an invitation since July2023 as offshore, pero dahil non-priority ang occupation ko, malabo pa ma invite.. But my EOIs are still lodged in those 3 states, kasi nga di pa ako decided if i will stay here in AU and be onshore again..

Now that I am back in AU (supposedly to study), the only state i can continue with an EOI is for VIC, kc dito ako titira malapit sa campus. At dapat makahanap ako agad ng work in skill levels 1,2,3 to be eligible for an invitation in VIC.

So my question is, must i stay here onshore as a student kahit mawawalan ako ng chance sa POSTGRAD 485 (age cutoff) upon graduation nxt yr, tapos mawawala pa now ung EOIs ko for NSW and SA (total 4 EOIs), dahil sa VIC lang ang pwede, at either 190 or 491 lang ang pwede ko ilagay sa ROI.. So from 5 chances, down to 1. Then pay the tuition fees and all for 1.5yrs, amounting to 2m++.. Ang option ko na lang to stay after graduation is, if there's a school willing to sponsor me as a primary teacher even WITHOUT experience kasi fresh grad.. Parang suntok sa buwan ito.

OR JUST FORGET ABOUT MY MASTERS because of all these uncertainties and go offshore again and wait for the invitation sa mga EOIs (5 in total) as an offshore applicant?

I can get NAATI to add 5more points.. But this will just compensate the 5points reduction in experience in June 2024. I need to decide before end of the month kasi magbabayad na ako ng tuition that time, at iwiwithdraw ko na ang EOIs sa NSW at SA, at babaguhin ko na ang VIC gagawin ko ng onshore.

Please help me decide. 😔😔😔

Thank you and more power to this community.

samisumi20mathilde9phau

Comments

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

Hi,

Onshore -limited access to states allocations and be confined to states requirements , still eligible for 189 and also access to temporary visas to stay and pursue after your Masters which can lead you to priority occupation in GSM and better chances of getting an invite . As new migration strategy unfolds , access to a work visa that has PR pathway will be open soon, if you have that -for example teaching or health occupations that will be the advantage as an onshore applicant.

Offshore - you can access different states based on the current scenario pero as the allocation deplete , the occupation ,time and chance decreases too, if chances have not been in your favor there is another FY to unfold.

If you are onshore you are navigating and investing on your future pathway while if you stay offshore you can wait and see what AU offers in the next couple of months or a year or two. While you can continue also to wait for that invite while onshore.

Hope di ako nakagulo sa mga iniisip mo . Step back and think bakit mo pinursue si Masters. Did you consider WA too as they are considering interstate applicants , not very sure for your occupation atm. But soon you will hold a teaching degree -it will open many doors for you in my opinion.

phau

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• CornDogIsYumCornDogIsYum Posts: 36Member

Hi po, thanks for the response. i am only eligible for 190 and 491. Because i will be in victoria, un lang ang state na pwede ko malodge ang EOI sa occupation kong 511112. The rest of the states, di pwede. Need kasi ng residency requirements.

Kung may 189 lang sana ang course na tiketake ko now na Primary teacher, pde tlga ako magpursue, kahit onshore. Pero dahil pang regional lang at state sponsored lang eligibility ng occupation ko na un, kaya parang nag aalangan ako. Hassle na rin naman magshift kasi another application of student visa ulit un another GTE na naman at mga reqiurements. 😔😔😔

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@CornDogIsYum said:
    Hi po, thanks for the response. i am only eligible for 190 and 491. Because i will be in victoria, un lang ang state na pwede ko malodge ang EOI sa occupation kong 511112. The rest of the states, di pwede. Need kasi ng residency requirements.

Kung may 189 lang sana ang course na tiketake ko now na Primary teacher, pde tlga ako magpursue, kahit onshore. Pero dahil pang regional lang at state sponsored lang eligibility ng occupation ko na un, kaya parang nag aalangan ako. Hassle na rin naman magshift kasi another application of student visa ulit un another GTE na naman at mga reqiurements. 😔😔😔

I recently watched a news report about overseas teachers (from Europe & South Africa) arriving in Perth to teach in regional WA. The state government has a program to attract teachers to the regions. They sponsor the visas as well. If you haven't done so, perhaps you can read up on the mechanics of that program & see if you'll qualify after your graduation. That's a separate program from the state's immigration program (WASMOL, etc.) Regional WA likely means the mines & the outback, so tiis-tiis talaga until you get PR but that's one option to consider.

Ozdrims