Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Student visa to 485 Temporary Grad Work Visa

coleencoleen MandaluyongPosts: 4Member
Hi! Hoping that anyone of you might have some answers to my inquiries:

If I am an International Student who has completed a 2-yr. course in AU and lodged an application for a 485 visa, I understand a Bridging Visa will be granted because it takes 12 months to process 485 Grad. Work Visa:

1. Will I be able to work under a bridging visa granted to 485 applicants? Full-time or part-time?
2. If my kids in primary school are with me in AU, will they be able to study under that bridging visa?

Thank you po!

Comments

• danyan2001usdanyan2001us Melbourne, Australia
    @Coleen..bridging visa A will allow you to work full time...

primary applicant- wife
    arrived melbourne- July 28, 2010

• iamjiniamjin Sydney
    hello po
    my curious question lng ako regarding temporary grad work visa. is this visa only for those students who are taking bachelors and masters? my brother is currently taking a diploma course and we are wondering what's next after he finishes his course.

his course is currently not in the CSOL or SOL list. any thoughts on this matter?

thanks
  • agentKamsagentKams Toowoomba
    @iamjin hi, as far as i know, this visa are for those who have completed their degree in accordance with the Australian study requirement. To quote from the DIBP website:

The Australian study requirement
    In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement. You meet this requirement if you can satisfy us that you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution as a result of a course(s):
    - that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
    - for which all instruction was conducted in English
    - that were completed as a result of total of at least two academic years (92 weeks) study
    - that were completed in a total of at least 16 calendar months
    - that have been undertaken while you were in Australia as the holder of a visa authorising you to study.
    English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement. "

Timeline: Student Visa Subclass 573 (Masters)
    06 July 2015: Visa Grant
    April 2018: Uni Graduation

Timeline: Permanent Visa (189) Accountant 221111
    18 April 2018: ITA received - Visa 189
    04 May 2018 : Lodged Visa Application - Visa 189
    29 Aug 2018 - First CO Contact - PCC Qatar (partner)
    9 Jan 2019 - 2nd CO Contact - penal waiver
    18 Jan 2019 - Updated immiaccount with penal waiver
    29 Jan 2019 - Forwarded PCC to gsm.allocated email
    8 Feb 2019 - Visa Grant - Finally!!

Timeline: Citizenship
    July 2020: Application lodgment
    May 2021: Citizenship Exam
    Feb 2022: Oi! Oi! Oi! Aussie na din sa wakas!