Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Advise re assessing body: Engineers Australia or Australian Computer Society

Good day ka-pinoyau,

First of all, discussion title speaks of my main concern and i will be needing unsolicited advise from all members of this community.

Objective: Skillset 189

Background:
-B.S. Industrial Engineering graduate
-reputable engineering school in Intramuros
-work1: business analyst for ERP (12months)
-work2: internal business systems analyst/ programmer for EDI (52months)
-work3: application support analyst (12months and counting)
-all jobs are in IT field
-all jobs were in the Philippines

Issues: (this is where i will be needing inputs and advise)
-i do not know where to start.
-i do not know which assessing body should i apply
-as you see, im an IE grad but solid IT experience
-i have read that there's school category
-years of experience being deducted

Some advise before:
I can indicate IE experience instead IT experience since IE is a broad course (job description only).
I have heard from a fellow colleague that a colleague of him had IT experience (materials management) but used IE job description, managed to be assessed by EA and already there.
Can anyone please shed light and give advise?

Been to Australia on 6weeks business travel. With that 6weeks my motivation to move to Australia grew up so big. I really wanted to start a new life and new environment together with my bossoming family. I hope you can give me advise on this please.

Regards,
Confused

20/May/2016: Decided to move permanently in AU
15/Jun/2016: Joined pinoyau

"Do not rush into things, take one step at a time."

Comments

• extrastrongbeerextrastrongbeer Sydney
    same company ba for all jobs? I am a licensed ECE also from a reputable engineering school in Intramuros, and was an EDI Systems Analyst for almost 10 years din, got my last 5 or so years of work experience assessed by ACS as qualified, my first 4 years were not. However, since BS IE ka, baka mag RPL route ka pa, the BSIE course is not a closely related IT course.

Nominated Occupation: 261112: ICT Systems Analyst

03-June-16 - ACS Positive Assessment Received. AQF Bachelor Degree equivalent (4 years deduction)
    06-June-16 - PTE-A Exam Result: L/R/S/W = 90/90/90/90. Overall = 90
    06-July-16 - ITA Received for Subclass 189 (70 points)
    19-Aug-16 - Medicals at SLEC BGC
    23-Aug-16 - Lodged Visa 189 application. Frontloaded all documents
    20-Sep-16 - Direct Grant!

• sizzlingralphsizzlingralph Manila
    That's a question in mind. Bakit hindi included yung first 5 years of your experience. With regards to RPL, anyone you knew who went with this route. Yeah, IE course is not closely related IT course. I think we are in the same EDI company in RCBC? Anyway, thanks fot your input. Had those jobs in different companies.

20/May/2016: Decided to move permanently in AU
    15/Jun/2016: Joined pinoyau

"Do not rush into things, take one step at a time."