Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Marriage and Visa Application

Hi! Sorry idk if dito ba talaga dapat to ipost.

My boyfriend and I are about to take the PTE this coming month and we've been fixing papers for skills assessment para ready na after PTE. We are both health professionals. We have never lived together but one of our options is to get married before leaving for Australia if everything goes smoothly.

Tama po ba, Condition 8515 of the 491 visa states that "you must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia." So our options are only to get married before lodging our EOIs or to get married after first entry? Thanks!

Comments

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@gabri said:

My boyfriend and I are about to take the PTE this coming month and we've been fixing papers for skills assessment para ready na after PTE. We are both health professionals. We have never lived together but one of our options is to get married before leaving for Australia if everything goes smoothly.

Tama po ba, Condition 8515 of the 491 visa states that "you must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia." So our options are only to get married before lodging our EOIs or to get married after first entry? Thanks!

Are you applying separately?

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@gabri said:

Not all visa 491 will be given that condition, i supposed. You will only find out once you get the visa.why not get married before applying, mas makamura pa kayo sa visa fee.

• gabrigabri Posts: 12Member

@fgs said:

@gabri said:

Not all visa 491 will be given that condition, i supposed. You will only find out once you get the visa.why not get married before applying, mas makamura pa kayo sa visa fee.

Yes, original plan namin talaga was to apply separately.

So if we get married po before applying, parang magiging dagdag lang sa EOI as spouse yung other person? How much would the visa fee for that be po? Or magiging ibang kind of visa na po ba sya hindi na 491? Do you know po where i can see info about this on the immi page? :) Thank you!

• fgsfgs Cooper Basin

@gabri said:

@fgs said:

@gabri said:

So if we get married po before applying, parang magiging dagdag lang sa EOI as spouse yung other person? How much would the visa fee for that be po? Or magiging ibang kind of visa na po ba sya hindi na 491? Do you know po where i can see info about this on the immi page? :) Thank you!

If you're married na, on the application, one will be the partner and will be issued the same visa. Whoever complies first of the reqts for the PR visa later can be the main applicant. Current application fee is $4045, half of it ang spouse..with that, you saved $2000.

• gabrigabri Posts: 12Member

@fgs said:

@gabri said:

@fgs said:

@gabri said:

If you're married na, on the application, one will be the partner and will be issued the same visa. Whoever complies first of the reqts for the PR visa later can be the main applicant. Current application fee is $4045, half of it ang spouse..with that, you saved $2000.

Wow, thank you so much for this! Definitely something to think about.