Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

General Skilled Immigration Visa - Step By Step Process

Comments

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

@greenlight_13 said:
    Hi po, asside from Victoria, anu pa po mga state ang need ng ROI? Salamat po

Table below summarizes the requirement to submit EOI and ROI for each state.

Cerberus13

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

@karetui107 said:
    Hi, everyone! Currently looking into the skilled and regional visas for AU. However, I'm quite confused regarding the skills assessment portion, and I'm not sure if I have high chances to get a positive assessment, and if I pass the 65 points requirement in general.

Some details:
    Partner skills: Single

For the VETASSESS skills assessment, this is the requirements for a positive assessment:

For the AQF degree, I graduated from a Liberal Arts and Commerce double major program (AB Communication and BS Marketing) from a Section 1 school. Does this guarantee it'll be recognized as an AQF Bachelor's degree? It is not a highly relevant major as well (I think).

And considering that, I only have 3 years of relevant work experience.

If my education degree does get counted as an AQF Bachelor's degree (but not highly relevent), then according to the table, it should still be possible to get a positive skills assessment with 3 years minimum of highly relevant work, but I don't know how this will affect my overall points. Will the 3 years get deducted and count my work experience as zero?

If so, how are my chances under the points system (while assuming I get the full points for English and community language scores)?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help enlighten me.

Worst comes to worst if the Bachelors degree is not equivalent and not suitable for migration

If you get a positive skills assessment - and deducted by 3 years ,most likely you will get 0 point claims for skilled employment under a 190 or 491 visa?

Try to work out the scenarios and combinations of the worst to the best

Most likely if you run into lesser points than the current trend you will have to wait for a while.

Key is to harness all the possibilities to max out your points in other frames of the points system.

Try to check the current points cut-off of those that got an invite for your occupation to weigh your possibilities .

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• pat123pat123 Philippines

Hello po! Question po. I lodged my visa last December po. Tapos mag tatravel ako international this February po. Do I need to update po yung travel history ko sa immi account? Thank you!

• greenlight_13greenlight_13 Posts: 42Member

@Ozdrims said:

@greenlight_13 said:
    Hi po, asside from Victoria, anu pa po mga state ang need ng ROI? Salamat po

Table below summarizes the requirement to submit EOI and ROI for each state.

Salamat po sa info

• whimpeewhimpee Posts: 419Member

@pat123 said:
    Hello po! Question po. I lodged my visa last December po. Tapos mag tatravel ako international this February po. Do I need to update po yung travel history ko sa immi account? Thank you!

If for leisure lang naman, no need

pat123

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    09 Aug 2016 - VETASSESS Initial, Positive
    03 Jan 2020 - VETASSESS Reassessment, Positive
    29 Jan 2020 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 65 pts
    10 Feb 2020 - IELTS, Proficient
    15 Feb 2020 - EOI updated - 75 pts
    18 Jan 2022 - VETASSESS Renewal
    14 Oct 2022 - EOI submitted for 491 (NSW) - 80 pts
    10 Nov 2022 - Pre-invite received from NSW, applied on the same day
    18 Nov 2022 - NSW Nomination approved
    21 Nov 2022 - 491 Visa Lodged
    22 Nov 2022 - Submitted Forms 80 and 1221
    25 Nov 2022 - Medical exam and Biometrics
    6 Dec 2022 - Additional medical check requested for 1 dependent
    3 Jan 2023 - Complete health clearance
    5 Jun 2023 - Immi Assessment Commenced email received
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

edited January 16

****copied

Who can claim partner skills 10 points?

Your partner must meet the following requirements for you to claim 10 points in your EOI:

1. Your partner must be under 45 years old (at the time the invitation to apply for the visa is issued)

2. Your partner must have a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation (you can use the positive skills assessment of your partner obtained even more than three years prior to the date of invitation)

3. Your partner must have Competent English (IELTS 6 or equivalent)

4. Your partner’s occupation must be an eligible occupation from the relevant Skilled Occupation List. There are three occupation lists - ROL, STSOL and MLTSSL. The rules for claiming points for partner skills are:

• For SC 189 or SC 491 (family stream), the partner's occupation must be on MLTSSL list

• For SC 190, the partner's occupation can be either on STSOL or MLTSSL list

• For SC 491 (state sponsored), the partner's occupation can be on any list

Source: Migration (LIN 19/051: Specification of Occupations and Assessing Authorities) Instrument 2019

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• cjpsyche007cjpsyche007 Posts: 54Member

@Ozdrims said:

@cjpsyche007 said:
    Regarding po sa ROI for Vic po.
    Ano po correct *answer po na ilalagay sa:

_ 1. What are your estimated annual earnings from your Victorian employment?_ Check the Livein Melbourne website which tell pano mag calculate ng annual earnings

Link: https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/earnings-calculator

__2. Employer Postcode: (Check your employer's declared business address within VIC )

> I've been working po for almost 2 years dito sa Victoria pero di po sya under my nominated occupation and I think, di rin po sya under ng skilled employment.

From LiveinMelbourne website

Regarding earnings to be included in your estimated annual earnings from your VICTORIAN employment
    Skilled employment includes any role that is at **skill levels 1,2 or 3 **in the relevant ANZSCO classification.
    _Skilled employment does not have to be in your nominated occupation, but your earnings must be from skilled employment.
    For example, if your nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer (ANZSCO skill level 1), you cannot include earnings from employment if you worked as a Truck Driver (ANZSCO skill level 4), but you could include earnings if you worked as a Mechanical Engineering Technician (ANZSCO skill level 2).

so, dun po sa annual earnings, dapat po zero ang ilalagay sa amount?
    At, ano po ialalagay sa postcode? Kasi nka asterisk yung annual earning at postcode ng employer.
    Can i just write zero din po sa post code? kasi I can't leave it blank, required na may sagot kasi..

26 Feb 2021 PTE Result L-80 R-84 W-77 S-90 Overall-84
    04 Sept 2021 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8 W-7.5 S-7 OBS 7.5
    07 Aug 2022 IELTS Result L-9 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-8
    31 Dec 2022 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-7.5
    27 Aug 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-7.5 OBS-7.5

15 Oct 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-8 OBS-7.5
    08 Jan 2024 PTE Result L-87 R-90 W-90 S-87 Overall-88

@cjpsyche007 said:

@Ozdrims said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

_ 1. What are your estimated annual earnings from your Victorian employment?_ Check the Livein Melbourne website which tell pano mag calculate ng annual earnings

Link: https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/earnings-calculator

__2. Employer Postcode: (Check your employer's declared business address within VIC )

> I've been working po for almost 2 years dito sa Victoria pero di po sya under my nominated occupation and I think, di rin po sya under ng skilled employment.

Regarding earnings to be included in your estimated annual earnings from your VICTORIAN employment
    Skilled employment includes any role that is at **skill levels 1,2 or 3 **in the relevant ANZSCO classification.
    _Skilled employment does not have to be in your nominated occupation, but your earnings must be from skilled employment.
    For example, if your nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer (ANZSCO skill level 1), you cannot include earnings from employment if you worked as a Truck Driver (ANZSCO skill level 4), but you could include earnings if you worked as a Mechanical Engineering Technician (ANZSCO skill level 2).

At, ano po ialalagay sa postcode? Kasi nka asterisk yung annual earning at postcode ng employer.
    Can i just write zero din po sa post code? kasi I can't leave it blank, required na may sagot kasi..

from LiveinMelbourne
    If you are living in Victoria, are currently unemployed, or not working in skilled employment, please enter $0 for your estimated annual earnings in your subclass 190 ROI.

For postcode leave it blank or NIL
    If you declare earnings from a non skilled employment ,your application may get refused so be careful lang po

cjpsyche007

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

@whimpee said:

@pat123 said:

If for leisure lang naman, no need

Yes po 5 days tour lang po for leisure. Thank you!

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Ozdrims said:

@karetui107 said:
    Hi, everyone! Currently looking into the skilled and regional visas for AU. However, I'm quite confused regarding the skills assessment portion, and I'm not sure if I have high chances to get a positive assessment, and if I pass the 65 points requirement in general.

Some details:
    Partner skills: Single

For the VETASSESS skills assessment, this is the requirements for a positive assessment:

For the AQF degree, I graduated from a Liberal Arts and Commerce double major program (AB Communication and BS Marketing) from a Section 1 school. Does this guarantee it'll be recognized as an AQF Bachelor's degree? It is not a highly relevant major as well (I think).

And considering that, I only have 3 years of relevant work experience.

If my education degree does get counted as an AQF Bachelor's degree (but not highly relevent), then according to the table, it should still be possible to get a positive skills assessment with 3 years minimum of highly relevant work, but I don't know how this will affect my overall points. Will the 3 years get deducted and count my work experience as zero?

If so, how are my chances under the points system (while assuming I get the full points for English and community language scores)?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help enlighten me.

Worst comes to worst if the Bachelors degree is not equivalent and not suitable for migration

If you get a positive skills assessment - and deducted by 3 years ,most likely you will get 0 point claims for skilled employment under a 190 or 491 visa?

Try to work out the scenarios and combinations of the worst to the best

Most likely if you run into lesser points than the current trend you will have to wait for a while.

Key is to harness all the possibilities to max out your points in other frames of the points system.

Try to check the current points cut-off of those that got an invite for your occupation to weigh your possibilities .

Vetassess or other assessing authorities have no capacity to determine the equivalence of an applicant’s qualification. We all refer to CEP. From the information provided, I can already tell for sure that the qualification is equivalent to an AQF degree due to the institution being under section 1. There is no need to wait for the outcome letter to confirm this as CEP states that this is the case. Now, what the applicant needs to wait for from VETASSESS is whether or not the course of study is highly relevant to the course of studies. I could only assume that it won’t be, hence they will deduct 3 years work experience. In any case, the applicant will only lose 5 points which isn’t much at all.

That’s correct as per @Ozdrims just exhaust as much points as you can. As an agent, I always say as long as you meet the minimum points eligibility, there’s always a chance. It may be a longer wait but I will never be in a position to tell a client not to pursue the oz dream but just prepare to wait. Be mindful, 190 and 491 are not subject to priority points. Hindi necessary pataasan ng points, that’s only applicable to 189 and 491 (family sponsored). It’s the state that determines the criteria. The target sector for this financial year, is education and health but that doesn’t mean if one isn’t under these sectors, no chance na. The possible silver lining here is since the applicant is just in the early days of the skills assessment stage, likely the policies/plans for current financial isn’t something to be taken with high regards. By the time the applicant is ready for EOI, it’s most likely by July at the earliest which is the new financial year - new migration plans and state allocations will likely apply. Hence, if the applicant really wants to pursue this, just take things a step at a time. The fact that it seems that the assessment could yield a successful outcome and that potentially he/she will meet the eligibility minimum points, that’s something I won’t hesitate to take for a case 👍

Ozdrimscasssieaethos
  • cjpsyche007cjpsyche007 Posts: 54Member

@Ozdrims said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

@Ozdrims said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

from LiveinMelbourne
    If you are living in Victoria, are currently unemployed, or not working in skilled employment, please enter $0 for your estimated annual earnings in your subclass 190 ROI.

For postcode leave it blank or NIL
    If you declare earnings from a non skilled employment ,your application may get refused so be careful lang po

thank you so much po for being so helpful, kabado ako kasi diy lang...

Ozdrims

26 Feb 2021 PTE Result L-80 R-84 W-77 S-90 Overall-84
    04 Sept 2021 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8 W-7.5 S-7 OBS 7.5
    07 Aug 2022 IELTS Result L-9 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-8
    31 Dec 2022 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-7.5
    27 Aug 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-7.5 OBS-7.5

15 Oct 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-8 OBS-7.5
    08 Jan 2024 PTE Result L-87 R-90 W-90 S-87 Overall-88

• lifeatblk43lifeatblk43 Posts: 19Member

Hello, ask ko lang if meron dito na nagpa-assess sa 2 occupation sa ACS.

Question lang - did you use same documents to submit?

I submitted for Business Analyst and im planning to submit for Software Engineer. Wondering if constraint na sa documents na pinasa for Business Analyst? For my case kasi madali lang magpa-approve ng roles and responsibilities for COE.

Hope someone can share experience.

Thank you 🙏🏻

• milktheamilkthea Posts: 72Member

Hi po may question kami. Nakatanggap kami ng email na approved na yung nomination namin sa 491. In your opinion po ba, push na namin ang application or intayin parin ang 189/190?

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@milkthea said:
    Hi po may question kami. Nakatanggap kami ng email na approved na yung nomination namin sa 491. In your opinion po ba, push na namin ang application or intayin parin ang 189/190?

I always advise clients to grab the first invite they get.

casssieCerberus13oztrlyeahlifeatblk43fmp_921
  • casssiecasssie 💛
    edited January 19

@milkthea said:

top tier na yung sagot ni ms rhea, but add ko na rin that sayang yung invitation. 😢 and one thing's for sure, au migration keeps on changing. baka that 189/190 may never come...

jmcountersCerberus13fmp_921

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

Offshore applicants may not know it more than those in onshore would have understood the predicament -of taking things lightly for an exchange for 190/189 invitation is the 491 conundrum.
    I can only imagine the regret they must have faced and anxiety that caused them due to the fact they missed an opportunity they are not aware of until the very end -were holding a substantial visa like 491 is way better than having any TV that any onshore applicant can get closer to having.
    Many might still think that -189 /190 is just around the corner ,were in reality is you can’t really predict what you're gonna end up having .
    To tell the predicaments of those who have not been invited after letting 491 go- who now has way more worries on how to stay legally ,are now doomed up for a permanently temporary stay otherwise due to stricter rules ,ever changing landscape of migration and what not , when the times gets this tough- it is regretful to say no to what the universe has given us to dealt with .
    491 is an under rated visa but it is really better to have not aimed on getting one at all if you’re still hesitant to take it.

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

@milkthea said:

Very risky yung maghintay for 189 specially this year na very limited yung slots (I think naka isang round of invitations pa lang?). If na approve ka na for 491, I don't think the same State will also invite you for 190, which means you'll be relying on the other States for that.

491 Visa: Human Resource Adviser - 223111 (80 points) | Age: 15 | English: 10 | Work: 15 | Education : 15 | Partner : 10 | Nomination: 15
    20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

Hello, ask ko lang po kung tama po ba itong answer ko dun sa question na may dot. I got my degree po here sa isang university sa PH. Thank you po!

@pat123 said:

Hello, ask ko lang po kung tama po ba itong answer ko dun sa question na may dot. I got my degree po here sa isang university sa PH. Thank you po!

It depends on the school you went to. Some schools, English ang official medium of insruction.

pat123

20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

@whimpee said:

@pat123 said:

It depends on the school you went to. Some schools, English ang official medium of insruction.

Thanks po for answering. Will it cause delay po ba if mag submit ako ng notif of incorrect answer? Nasa received status pa po ang visa ko.

@pat123 said:

@whimpee said:

@pat123 said:

Thanks po for answering. Will it cause delay po ba if mag submit ako ng notif of incorrect answer? Nasa received status pa po ang visa ko.

I don't think so. Mas maigi nga na icorrect yung responses habang maaga. Make sure lang na you have document to show.

pat123

20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

• pianicapianica Posts: 3Member

Hi ask lang po sana, ano mga possible job ng fisheries graduate sa Australia?
    Since yung tita ko po may PR na then she is willing to sponsor the expenses po.
    May aadvise po ba kyo what visa eaapply namin.
    Thank you in advance po.

• reignnreignn Posts: 18Member

Hello po sa lahat. Ask ko lang po marami na po bang successful DIY na nagpaassess for Agriculture Scientist? Kumusta po yung timeline? Thank you po sa sasagot :)

Hello po good day! Need po ba ng PDOS for PR visas like 189 and 190?

@pat123 said:

No po , but there is a pre departure program for immigrants going out with PR visas that you can register from CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

@Ozdrims said:

@pat123 said:

No po , but there is a pre departure program for immigrants going out with PR visas that you can register from CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)

The one you're referring to is actually the PDOS (pre-departure orientation seminar), so yes it's required for PR visas when departing from PH

20 Jul 2023 - Visa Grant

• schrodingers_catschrodingers_cat Posts: 43Member

Hello po tanong lang po ulit kung paano niyo nirecord yung address history niyo, especially dun sa mga may permanent address sa province at the same time may nirerent sa city due to work/study? Medjo naguguluhan lang po lalo na sa dates na ilalagay.

Thanks po sa sasagot! 😊🙏🏻

• casssiecasssie 💛

@whimpee said:

@Ozdrims said:

@pat123 said:

The one you're referring to is actually the PDOS (pre-departure orientation seminar), so yes it's required for PR visas when departing from PH

ah PDOS yung tawag para makakuha ng cert from CFO?

Ozdrims

m(au)nifesting 🇦🇺

• getgetaugetgetau Posts: 37Member

hello. sa mga nakapag lodge na ng visa, did you submit a polio vaccination certificate? apparently yung mga may s56 lately na nakita ko sa mga groups, puro polio vacc cert ang need.

also, mandatory din ba yung form 80 or mas maganda lang talaga na iprovide para iwas CO contact? thank youuuu!!

@whimpee said:

@Ozdrims said:

@pat123 said:

Is actually a joint program offered in cooperation with OWWA which is catering for Filipinos abroad, OFW and employees and employers of a foreign company. Alam ko kasi offered sya for OFWs haha

SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT