Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Applying for Work in AUS while outside the country

Hi! I am currently engaged in a discussion with a potential employer in AUS but there are few red flags so I don't know if the opportunity is a scam.
1. The employer is asking me to look for a migration agency to who they would work with to process my PR without going through any work visa.
2. for 3 month, I will be working offshore and then move to AUS, afterwards.

Comments

• OzdrimsOzdrims Singapore

1)Look for a reputable MA and as long as you’re not forking out any money is worth to try , check if the company is legit too

2)Look at processing times for example an employer sponsored visa is a good option although 3 months may be too optimistic . What type of visa they intend to process for you?

mathilde9

ANZSCO 233211 Civil Engineer (Offshore) | Age: 25| English: 20 | Experience: 15| Education: 15 | Partner Points: 05 (Competent English)|NAATI: 05 |State :05
    SC190 NSW = 90
    Timeline:
    17 Apr 2023: Took PTE Exam: Superior
    29 May 2023: Spouse PTE Exam: Competent
    15 May 2023: Submitted relevant employment docs, work pass and DRAFT CDR to agent
    29 May 2023: Agent submitted EA MSA CDR + RSEA to Engineers Australia
    8 July 2023: EA MSA CDR + RSEA result: Suitable for migration
    26 July 2023: took the NAATI CCL
    13 Aug 2023 : results out for NAATI exam
    15 Aug 2023: Agent updated EOI for CCL points (+5)
    13 Sep 2023: Agent created EOI for SC 190 NSW
    02 Nov 2023: Pre-invited by NSW
    06 Nov 2023: Nomination submitted to NSW
    09 Nov 2023: Nomination application approved & ITA received
    29 Nov 2023: Visa lodgment and medicals booked
    11 Dec 2023 : Medicals completed
    xx-xx-xx - Visa GRANT

• aperfectcircle9991aperfectcircle9991 Posts: 9Member

The company seems to be legit. They have an account in Lindedin. Same goes for their employees

They said they eoukd start applying me for PR in 3 months. They have contacts in immigration that would speed up the process

Is my scenario common?

• era222era222 Philippines

@aperfectcircle9991 said:
    Is my scenario common?

Maybe sharing your profession will help? But it's fairly common naman for employer sponsorships.

One of my acquaintances had a similar case, though not sure if diretsong PR na visa nya or any other specifics. But in a span of 5 months from starting her job hunt to getting employed, she was able to fly to Melbourne agad for her job. She's in the PR industry.

212415 - Technical Writer | Offshore, PH | With agent | Age: 30 | English: 20 | Work: 0 | Qualification: 15 | Single: 10 | NAATI: 5 | Total: 80+5 for SC190 | Granted 190 NSW

December 5: Started consulting with agents

March 5: Hiatus

February 28: Resumed my application
    June 16: PTE - Started studying on my own (Used Pearson mock tests and APEUni)
    June 21: PTE - Booked my exam
    June 23: VETASSESS - Submitted my application
    June 24: VETASSESS - Status "Lodged"
    August 26: PTE - Exam at Trident Makati
    August 30: PTE - Results: SUPERIOR (LRSW 90) - Read my study/exam tips
    September 14: NAATI CCL - Booked my exam
    November 26: NAATI CCL - Exam
    November 30: VETASSESS - Requested for updated reference letter
    December 7: VETASSESS - Submitted updated reference letter
    December 16: VETASSESS - Result - POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!
    December 22: NAATI CCL - Results - Passed (77.5/90) - Just took the CCL cram course
    December 23: EOI - Lodged 190 for VIC and NSW

January 6: Submitted petition for correction of birth certificate (just in case)
    January 10: STATE NOM - Received pre-invite from NSW for 190 TYL / Discontinued VIC ROI
    January 23: STATE NOM - Submitted nomination application to NSW
    January 24: Received ITA from NSW for 190 visa first thing in the morning tears of joy
    February 17: Lodged 190 visa application / Scheduled my medicals at St. Luke's BGC
    March 4: First-time visit to Melbourne and Sydney
    March 13: Medicals
    March 17: Police clearance
    March 21: Medicals cleared
    April 5: Uploaded corrected birth certificate (TYL, my LCRO was efficient)
    October 16: Received commencement email
    December 28: PR VISA GRANT

• Cerberus13Cerberus13 Dublin Ireland

It happens for some industries.

ANZSCO 312111 - Architectural Draftsperson
    Location at the time of application: Offshore (Tokyo Japan) / DIY

2020-Mar : Vetassess submission - Priority processing
    2020-Apr : Vetassess positive assessment - 5+ years employment
    2020-Jun 25 : First take PTE-A Tokyo - Superior
    2020-Jun : SkillSelect EOI lodge - 190/491 : 90/100 points

2020 : Covid happened...

2020-Aug : Job Offer - Ireland, Critical Skills Employment Permit path
    2020-Oct : Ireland Work permit granted
    2020-Oct : EOI auto updated due to age score dedcution - 190/491 : 85/95
    2020-Nov 18 : Ireland Employment Visa application
    2020-Nov 25 : Ireland work visa approved
    2020-Dec 26 : Moved to Dublin from Tokyo

2022-Jun : EOI expired. New EOI lodged with no change in score
    2022-Aug : VIC opened for offshore. Lodged ROI for VIC
    2022-Sep : NSW opened for offshore. Created new EOI for NSW only
    2022-Sep : Removed 491 in my EOI. Only considering 190 for now
    2022-Nov 10 : Irish Stamp 4 status approved
    2022-Nov 29 : Received pre-ITA from NSW. Yay!
    2022-Nov 30 : Received nomination from NSW
    2023-Jan 13 : Visa 190 lodged
    2023-Feb 21 : Medicals
    2023-Feb 29 : Medicals cleared
    2023-Mar 15 : Japan PCC uploaded. Officially waiting for grant : )
    2023-Nov 23 : NSW 190 granted!

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator
    edited February 21

I don’t see any red flags. Most companies these days would get their own agent to apply to sponsor you. Once that’s approved, the candidate will shoulder the cost for the actual visa application, this includes getting an agent to assist. Hope that helps. I’ve had clients who have been sponsored whilst we are processing their skilled visas.

Just be mindful, the employer sponsored visa 482 is a temporary one. Use it as your quick entry to Australia but your aim should be securing a PR visa asap ie 189,190,491 to secure your future in Australia and just so you’re not tied in with the employer for a long time. We’ve had a number of clients we’ve helped with this approach 👍

Cerberus13

@era222 said:

Is my scenario common?

Maybe sharing your profession will help? But it's fairly common naman for employer sponsorships.

One of my acquaintances had a similar case, though not sure if diretsong PR na visa nya or any other specifics. But in a span of 5 months from starting her job hunt to getting employed, she was able to fly to Melbourne agad for her job. She's in the PR industry.

HI! I applied as a computer programmer. It just felt a bit awkward to me because I thought once I took the job, the employer would take care of the rest (e.g. visa processing) . And I couldn't believe that after 3 months I could get from being hired, I can get my PR visa.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    I don’t see any red flags. Most companies these days would get their own agent to apply to sponsor you. Once that’s approved, the candidate will shoulder the cost for the actual visa application, this includes getting an agent to assist. Hope that helps. I’ve had clients who have been sponsored whilst we are processing their skilled visas.

Just be mindful, the employer sponsored visa 482 is a temporary one. Use it as your quick entry to Australia but your aim should be securing a PR visa asap ie 189,190,491 to secure your future in Australia and just so you’re not tied in with the employer for a long time. We’ve had a number of clients we’ve helped with this approach 👍

In my case, no working visa is offered. THey said they would work with a migration agent of my choice to help with the PR visa application.

• mathilde9mathilde9 Singapore
    edited February 22

@era222 said:

Is my scenario common?

HI! I applied as a computer programmer. It just felt a bit awkward to me because I thought once I took the job, the employer would take care of the rest (e.g. visa processing) . And I couldn't believe that after 3 months I could get from being hired, I can get my PR visa.

If I were you, I'll take that. As for your last sentence, may be the concept is not getting a PR visa right after 3 months, but instead be able to apply for a permanent residency pathway visa after -- those are 2 different things. Say for example, if you're a TSS 482 visa holder - then you can apply for 186 (?) after a certain period. But, if they guarantee that you'll be a PR right away, then that's the doubtful part. Clarify with them the stages/options/restrictions if any.

482 visa fee is already reasonable, and kayang kaya mo yun bawiin shortly if the company is offering you a decent salary. Galingan mo with the negotiation, maybe they can also offer you a relocation package. Okay nga yang ganyan, that means your skillset is a gem to them hence the sponsorship. Is it direct hire or through a headhunter?

In my case, no working visa is offered. THey said they would work with a migration agent of my choice to help with the PR visa application.

Wala talaga silang working visa na maiooffer sa iyo. Green flag na to that they let you choose a migration agent to process it. Marami naman dyan. Goodluck!

Total Points ~~ 189: 85pts | 190: 90pts | 491: 100pts
    Points Breakdown:
    Age:25 | English:20 | Employment:15 | Education:15 | Single:10
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - PTE (Proficient)
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    09 2023 - PTE retake (Superior)
    09 2023 - Updated EOIs to reflect +10pts on English Test
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    12 2023 - Some EOIs expired T_T
    12 2023 - New EOIs submitted (NSW, VIC, ACT, and 189)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Booked NAATI Exam (desperate to max out point for a chance of invite)
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Final NSW ITA received after 1 business day ✩₊˚
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement
    02 2024 - Medicals. Cleared after 1 business day @ SATA AMK
    02 2024 - Singapore Police Clearance. Completed/claimed after 6 business days
    _ _ 2024 - ✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧** Visa Grant! **✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Hmm…how does that work then? If they are offering employment sponsorship then makes sense. If 186 visa is what they meant which is PR employment sponsored it still makes sense. Perhaps they can only help with job offer instead of sponsorship. You need to know more details from them I’m afraid.

• moimoi Posts: 16Member

@era222 said:

Is my scenario common?

Hi, may I know what company is this? I am also in PR industry but my school falls under section 2 :(

@mathilde9 said:

@era222 said:

Is my scenario common?

If I were you, I'll take that. As for your last sentence, may be the concept is not getting a PR visa right after 3 months, but instead be able to apply for a permanent residency pathway visa after -- those are 2 different things. Say for example, if you're a TSS 482 visa holder - then you can apply for 186 (?) after a certain period. But, if they guarantee that you'll be a PR right away, then that's the doubtful part. Clarify with them the stages/options/restrictions if any.

482 visa fee is already reasonable, and kayang kaya mo yun bawiin shortly if the company is offering you a decent salary. Galingan mo with the negotiation, maybe they can also offer you a relocation package. Okay nga yang ganyan, that means your skillset is a gem to them hence the sponsorship. Is it direct hire or through a headhunter?

Wala talaga silang working visa na maiooffer sa iyo. Green flag na to that they let you choose a migration agent to process it. Marami naman dyan. Goodluck!

Hi! Thank you for answer. I think your perspective has given me an idea of what questions to ask to put myself at ease.

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Hmm…how does that work then? If they are offering employment sponsorship then makes sense. If 186 visa is what they meant which is PR employment sponsored it still makes sense. Perhaps they can only help with job offer instead of sponsorship. You need to know more details from them I’m afraid.

Thank you! I will clarify with them

@moi said:

@era222 said:

Is my scenario common?

Hi, may I know what company is this? I am also in PR industry but my school falls under section 2 :(

It is a small consultancy based in Brisbane and Melbourne.

Thank you for all your answers! :smile:

• batangmanlalakbaybatangmanlalakbay Posts: 12Member

Hello po, asking for a friend..
    Ano po mga pwedeng applyan na agency para makapagwork sa AU?
    Electrician ang friend ko with decades of experience sa barko.
    Mid-50s na sya kaya ok lang kahit wala ng PR pathway. Gusto lang talaga makapagwork na onshore sa AU.
    Salamat po!

• Rizal28Rizal28 🇵🇭

Hello guys!!! Bago lang kami ng wife ko dito sa Canberra at naghahanap po ako ng work related sa career at industry ko. Almost 10 years ako sa Singapore at 6 months sa Philippines na ang field ay sa Construction Industry, bale more on Project Management ang role ko as a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer at ang degree ko ay Electrical Engineer. Any recommendation po na mga companies na may job opening kahit Project Engineer - Electrical? Salamat po.

edited April 27

Sir @Rizal28 akala ko spam muntik ko na po ireport ang posts sa dami. Hehe. v^_^
    Sana po ay may makatulong sa inyo soonest sa job hunting. Meron din po sasagot dyan, baka tulog na yung iba.

Natry nyo po ba sa seek and indeed maghanap? And workforce australia? Madami pong vacancy doon. Thanks.

casssiefmp_921

Points Breakdown:
    Been to Australia a few times and I just wanted to settle there. "I belong here" ganon.
    ~~~~
    10 2021 - Research about AU migration; read a lot of related articles; consulted with agent for initial assessment. Decided to DIY.
    11 2021 - Suitable ACS Skills Assessment received (8+ years suitable, 5weeks 4days TAT)
    ~~~~
    01 2022 - EOIs submitted (matumal and slight hiatus since na-busy sa ibang bagay)
    ~~~~
    11 2023 - ACS Assessment expired T_T (but already prepared for re-assessment a few weeks before)
    11 2023 - ACS deemed my skills unsuitable because of missing documents. Nilaban ko.
    12 2023 - Suitable ACS Skills reassessment (8+ years) after 1month of review and pangungulit (no fee incurred, fault nila)
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Received NSW 190 pre-invite!! ✩₊˚ (tears of joy, TYL! ). Cancelled NAATI test at 75% refund.
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement

• Rizal28Rizal28 🇵🇭

@mathilde9 before po kami mag-arrive dito sa Canberra ay almost 2 months po ako nagpapasa sa Seek at Indeed until a week ng stay namin dito sa Canberra. Mejo negative po lagi ang respond at wapang reply sa email. Hope meron na makarecommend po na may available opening para sa field ko. Salamat po

mathilde9

@Rizal28 said:
    @mathilde9 before po kami mag-arrive dito sa Canberra ay almost 2 months po ako nagpapasa sa Seek at Indeed until a week ng stay namin dito sa Canberra. Mejo negative po lagi ang respond at wapang reply sa email. Hope meron na makarecommend po na may available opening para sa field ko. Salamat po

Mailap talaga ang trabaho kapag offshore kahit may visa. Since nandyan na po kayo, kaunting patience pa at dadating din yan.

Sir yung resume mo po, naiformat mo na same sa australia format? Yung iba kasi auto-reject pag medyo hindi pang au ang format ~ shinare lang sakin ng job hunter na nakausap ko. Also, cover letter po na malakasan daw.

Points Breakdown:
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement

• BradFeetBradFeet Posts: 5Member

Hi @mathilde9 , pwede po pashare nung australia format na resume kung meron kayo? Thanks

@BradFeet said:
    Hi @mathilde9 , pwede po pashare nung australia format na resume kung meron kayo? Thanks

Reverse chronological order lang po. Meron sa google

Points Breakdown:
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    ~~~~
    02 2024 - Visa Lodgement

• rmbalingitrmbalingit Posts: 195Member

@Rizal28 said:
    Hello guys!!! Bago lang kami ng wife ko dito sa Canberra at naghahanap po ako ng work related sa career at industry ko. Almost 10 years ako sa Singapore at 6 months sa Philippines na ang field ay sa Construction Industry, bale more on Project Management ang role ko as a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer at ang degree ko ay Electrical Engineer. Any recommendation po na mga companies na may job opening kahit Project Engineer - Electrical? Salamat po.

Nagpasa narin po ba kayo sa mga recruitment agencies like hays? para sila ang maghahanap ng work for you.

"In God's Perfect Time"
    AU MIGRATION JOURNEY WITH SPOUSE
    (Industrial Engineer with Spouse)
    SC189: 80pts: SC190: 85pts: SC491: 95pts

23 Jun 2022: Booked PTE Exam
    July-Aug 2022: Review PTE
    31 Aug 2022: PTE Examination
    31 Aug 2022: Same day result (L-80, R-85, S-90, W-82) SUPERIOR! Thank you, Lord!
    Sept 2022-May 2023: Got busy with work and businesses
    June 2023: Start again to collect docs from previous companies and prepare CDR & RSEA
    03 Aug 2023: Submit EA Assessment CDR+RSEA (Fast track)
    28 Aug 2023: EA status: Assessment in Progress
    04 Sept 2023: EA RFI: Additional Pay slips for current job
    05 Sept 2023: Submit additional pay slips
    21 Sept 2023: Received Positive Assessment & 8yrs+ RSEA Awarded. TYG!
    23 Sept 2023: Submit EOI for SC189
    24 Sept 2023: Submit Multiple EOIs
    19 Dec 2023: VIC 190 - Pre-invitation TYG!
    02 Jan 2024: VIC 190 Final Invitation and ITA received TYG!
    12 Jan 2024: Visa Lodgment
    17 Jan 2024: Attached form 80 and 1221
    24 Jan 2024: Medical Cleared - SALAMAT SA DYOS!
    ****: Visa Granted - Manifesting!!!
    ****: Got an AU Job while offshore -Manifesting!!!
    ****: BIG Move!!! - Manifesting!!!

• magueromaguero Adelaide
    edited 6:37PM

@Rizal28 said:

Na-check mo na ba kung ano mga kailangan to work in the local construction industry? Sa ibang states kasi kailangan may white card para maconsider for a role. Baka may mga kailangan din dyan sa Canberra.