Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Australian Computer Society Skills Application

Comments

• somasoma Brisbane
    Hello Guys, I'm in DESPERATE need of your help. I received an email response from ACS and halos lahat ng submittals ko ay ni-reject nila. Here's what it said:

This email is to advise that your documents are not certified copies. We require certified copies of your documentation to process your skills assessment. A document is a certified copy when the original document is photo copied or scanned and is signed by a person authorised to certify documents.

A stamp is required on the certified copy to signify that it is a true copy of the original document.

The following information is required on each page of the certified copy:

The words “Certified True Copy of the Original”
    The signature of the certifying person
    The name, date and provider or registration number or designation (eg: Police Officer) of the certifying person.

Legal professionals and embassy officials can provide further information regarding certifying documents outside Australia.

Please upload the following documents into the online application form in PDF format:

Certified copy of your passport
    Certified copy of your degree certificate
    Certified copy of the complete and final academic transcript for your degree.
    Certified copy of employer reference

Please Note: the ACS is unable to accept letters of appointment, self-statutory declarations or contracts in place of employment references.

If there is no response within 30 days of this notification, your application will not be able to be assessed.

*** ano po bang ibig sabihin nila ng certified true copy with stamp exactly? i sent them every page of my passport, yung degree certificate ko may "seal" naman saka pirma ng mga principal at president ng school ko, pati transcript etc

*** nagpagawa po ako sa boss ko ng statutory declaration, whereas siya ang afiant. bakit po nila sinasabi na self-statutory declaration yung ginawa ko :(

Please po, sana may mag magandang loob sa inyo. Kulang na kami sa 30 days tapos xmas vacation pa :( Saan po ba ako nagkamali at ano ang dapat "exactly" gawin?

Thanks in advance. Merry Xmas!

• AlphaMaleAlphaMale Mandaluyong
    Hello Sirs and Ma'ams. As you may see bago lang po ako dito sa forums and also just starting to collect my required documents. I will read as much reference as I can and post some questions here too. Speaking of question... I've had 2 years 8 months experience in a call center as technical support for ISP from 2005 to 2008. Stopped working for 2 and half years. Back to work in 2011 as customer service rep (call center ulet) for 6 months then lumipat ako sa another company. This is time yung position ko is a Network Engineer. From 2011 until October this year kasi I got promoted as a Network Trainer same current company. Kung yung experiences ko from the first call center and sa current company ko yung ilalagay ko will total of 5 years and 2 months, ok na kaya to for the assessment? Especially that my previous experience was in a call center? Thanks in advance!
    Hi. I'm also a newbie and still learning the ropes around here. But my understanding is that if you're planning to nominate an ICT occupation (which I assume you are since you're on this thread), ACS will only consider your work experience which is relevant to your nominated occupation (network engineer or trainee whichever the case may be). So say out of those 5 years, you spent 2 years as a customer support agent for billing, for example, those 2 years won't be counted by ACS.

Take this with a grain of salt though. :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually not planning to include the customer service rep as I know it's not relevant for job code 263111. What I'm really worried of is if the technical support rep, which I will include a detailed job description such as configuring residential network equipment, will be considered by ACS. Because with my current job as a network engineer (this time it's far more hardcore; configuring PE and CE routers for BGP over MPLS network as well as carrier-grade switches), I only have 2 years and 4 months which may not be enough to get the threshold of 3 years relevant experience. But I'm still looking positively on that. Have you heard of someone here with the same call center experience got credit for such job? Thanks thanks!

December 15, 2013 - Joined pinoyau.info.
    Moving forward...

• natnornatnor Singapore
    @soma you need all documents to be photocopied then have it certified... normally you do this through lawyers that can do the certification... they will be the one to put the stamp 'Certified True Copy...'

As for the statutory declaration, you need to use the format that they accept.... you may use this link to download the format
    https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/StatDec.pdf
  • BetchayBetchay Mandaluyong
    @soma ako bumalik ako sa school,employers and DFA para ipacertified true copy ko siya sa school nmn sabihin mo na yan alam na nila gagawin nila aware sila sa certification na ganyan sa employer mo naman sabihin mo kailangan kita ung words na Certified True Copy then pirmahan nila ulit sa DFA naman punta ka sabihin momagpapaCTC ka ng passport same day ko rin natapos lahat. gawin mo nakaagad habang di pa Christmas break.

Nominated Occupation: Analyst Programmer (ANZSCO Code 261311)
    December 11,2013 - Gathered all the Requirements foe ACS
    December 13,2013 -Submitted the Requirements to ACS
    March 11,2014 - Results received - Suitable - AQF Bachelor Degree

• somasoma Brisbane
    thank you natnor and betchay. yan nga ang kinakatakot ko.... yung bumalik sa DFA, school etc para patatakan ng certified true copy. ang weird nga kasi certified true copy yung birth certificate ko pero ni-reject pa din nila :(

Natnor, confirmed ba na pwede na yung stamp ng lawyer with "certified true copy" on each page of the documents? Ayoko na kasi bumalik sa mga institutions para mag certify dahil super gahol na kami sa time, and i'm pretty sure di na kami maasikaso dahil magpapasko na. Sorry for the persistence, gusto ko lang maka siguro kung pwede kasi ibang paraan yung ginawa ni betchay. Thanks!
  • AbrahamAbraham Mandaluyong
    thank you natnor and betchay. yan nga ang kinakatakot ko.... yung bumalik sa DFA, school etc para patatakan ng certified true copy. ang weird nga kasi certified true copy yung birth certificate ko pero ni-reject pa din nila :(

Natnor, confirmed ba na pwede na yung stamp ng lawyer with "certified true copy" on each page of the documents? Ayoko na kasi bumalik sa mga institutions para mag certify dahil super gahol na kami sa time, and i'm pretty sure di na kami maasikaso dahil magpapasko na. Sorry for the persistence, gusto ko lang maka siguro kung pwede kasi ibang paraan yung ginawa ni betchay. Thanks!
    As far as I know, okay na yung ipa photo copy each page then ipa CTC each page as well. Any notary public will do who offer CTC. This is what I am planning to do once ma complete ko na yung mga docs ko. Sa statutory dec naman, kailangan muna ipa notaryo then ipa photo copy yung may notary na, then pa CTC (please correct me if Im wrong).. That's what I have learned here sa forum and as per previews advise ng mga date ng nag pa access.

Sa mga experts and naka experience na ng mga ganitong scenario, please share your inputs.

June 26, 2013 - Joined PinoyAU forum ; 0 )
    Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Gathered all requirements for ACS assessment.
    Jan 25, 2014 - Submitted ACS Application (263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer)
    Feb 12, 2014 - Stage 4 (ACS )
    Apr 3, 2014 - ACS result, suitable (AQF Bachelor Degree, 5+ yrs experience credited)
    April – May 2014 – IELTS review with the help of a review center
    May - Feb 2014 – IELTS review and AU migration dream was differed due to some personal and work related issues
    Feb 2014 - May 2015 - Back to IELTS review
    Possible IELTS exam May 2015
    Hopping within 2015 Visa Grant and Big Move to Down Under ;)
    Good Luck to our AU Dreams. God Bless Us All ;)

• natnornatnor Singapore
    @soma I submitted photocopies of my documents with CTC stamp. Abraham is right bout Stat doc having both notary and CTC.
  • somasoma Brisbane
    Thanks guys for the replies :) I went to a notary public today (SyCip law office in Paseo, Makati). Sabi nung notary public dun, hindi daw sila c-CTC, dapat daw dalhin ko yung docs ko sa DFA, NSO, saka sa school ko, para patatakan. I guess, not all notary public offers CTC stamp.

I trust you guys are correct. So tanong ko lang sana kung saan kayo nagpanotarize na nag ooffer ng CTC?

Thanks!
  • eccen3keccen3k Adelaide
    edited December 2013
    @soma
    ganito po yung sample ng stamps sa docs ko. 4 yung pang stamp ng lawyer then nag sign sya every page. hth

Computer Network and Systems Engineer (ANZSCO 263111)
    13JUL2013 - Submitted ACS application
    14OCT2013 - Results received - Suitable - AQF Bachelor Degree
    07SEP2013 - IELTS
    20SEP2013 - IELTS result: L=7, R=6.5, W=6, S=7
    09NOV2013 - IELTS take 2
    22NOV2013 - IELTS result: L=7, R=7.5, W=7, S=6.5
    26NOV2013 - IELTS take 2 remarking submitted
    15DEC2013 - Received email to claim new result and refund
    16DEC2013 - IELTS remarked: L=7, R=7.5, W=7, S=7
    17DEC2013 - Started to understand EOI application.
    08JAN2014 - Applied and claimed NBI Clearance
    25JAN2014 - EOI submitted (65 pts)
    26JAN2014 - Invitation received (189)
    26JAN2014 - Noticed that IELTS TRF has incorrect "Country of Nationality" (Singapore)
    27JAN2014 - Went to IDP for "Country of Nationality" correction
    29JAN2014 - Received corrected IELTS TRF
    01FEB2014 - VISA lodged
    10FEB2014 - Applied for SG CoC
    13FEB2014 - Status of attached documents changed from required to received.
    18FEB2014 - Medical Checkup (SATA Bedok)
    25FEB2014 - eMedical was submitted to DIBP
    26FEB2014 - VISA grant letter received. IED 25FEB2015
    03MAR2014 - SG CoC pickup
    10MAR2014 - Emailed SG CoC to CO
    08MAY2014 - Scheduled my BTT Exam
    16JUL2014 - BTT Exam and DL conversion (PH-SG)
    04AUG2014 - SG License card received via post
    06DEC2014 - Flight to Adelaide
    07DEC2014 - First day in Adelaide, Australia

Thanks guys for the replies :) I went to a notary public today (SyCip law office in Paseo, Makati). Sabi nung notary public dun, hindi daw sila c-CTC, dapat daw dalhin ko yung docs ko sa DFA, NSO, saka sa school ko, para patatakan. I guess, not all notary public offers CTC stamp.

I trust you guys are correct. So tanong ko lang sana kung saan kayo nagpanotarize na nag ooffer ng CTC?

Thanks!
    Actually, tanong ko din yan date dito sa forum. San nga ba pwede mag pa notarize and CTC na rin within metro manila? Dun sana sa tested na and natangap na ng ACS with suitable assessment.

Jan 25, 2014 - Submitted ACS Application (263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer)
    Apr 3, 2014 - ACS result, suitable (AQF Bachelor Degree, 5+ yrs experience credited)
    May - Feb 2014 – IELTS review and AU migration dream was differed due to some personal and work related issues

• pmzinozpmzinoz Sydney
    @ lexxus/dens

ECE din ako with soft engineering/programming work and was ACS certified with equivalent Degree, Major in computing.. as long as may computer subjects ka and may proof ka sa work experience mo na analyst programmer ka, you should be ok..
  • appledeuceappledeuce Sydney
    Race against time. Suspended na ang ICT occupations sa state sponsorship ng Orana. Mukhang malapit na rin siya icut sa SOL/ CSOL.

Student Visa 573 (SVP) Timeline:
    28 Nov 2013 - submitted int'l student application to Victoria Uni
    20-21 Dec 2013 - sat IELTS Academic module exam
    03 Jan 2014 - received IELTS scores (L:8.5 R:8.0 W:8.0 S:8.0 OBS:8.0)
    07 Jan 2014 - undertook medical exam at NHSI Makati
    16 Jan 2014 - received unconditional offer from VU
    13 Feb 2014 - paid 1st sem tuition fees; received e-COE from VU
    13 Feb 2014 - lodged visa application at PIASI
    17 Feb 2014 - received visa grant via email (thank you, Lord!)
    21 Feb 2014 - first day in OZ
    24 Feb 2014 - first day of classes
    19 June 2015 - last of day classes!
    06 Aug 2015 - received Letter of Completion from uni
    14 Oct 2015 - Graduation :D

Journey to PR:
    07 Aug 2015 - submitted skills assessment to ACS (261311 - Analyst Programmer)
    12 Aug 2015 - received positive skills assessment result from ACS
    12 Aug 2015 - submitted EOI for 189 (60 points), 190 (NSW-65 points), 489 (state and relative sponsored - 70 points)
    29 Oct 2015 - received ITA for NSW State Nomination
    03 Nov 2015 - submitted application for NSW State Nomination
    19 Nov 2015 - received NSW SN approval and ITA for 190 visa
    01 Dec 2015 - lodged 190 application
    14 Dec 2015 - health exam at BUPA Melbourne
    15 Dec 2015 - Initial (and hopefully final) CO contact, asking for PCC
    22 Dec 2015 - submitted Australian PCC and NBI Clearance
    16 Feb 2016 - received 190 PR visa grant

Citizenship:
    Date applied: 27 March 2018
    Date received the acknowledgement email: 27 March 2018
    Received test invite: 11 Feb 2019 for 25 March 2019 (rescheduled to 25 Feb)
    Citizenship Approval: 11 March 209
    Received Ceremony Invitation: 24 May 2019
    Date of Ceremony: 25 June 2019

• somasoma Brisbane
    @eccen3k maraming salamat sa sample :) that's exactly what i'm looking for. i'm going to show this to the law offices that i visit here in manila. sana meron silang stamp na ganyan, dahil so far I was turned down by two law offices already.

i'd really appreciate if anyone can share kung saan kayo nagpa certify ng documents ninyo. I have a few days left bago mag expire yung 30 days ng ACS. i risk losing what i paid for, pag hindi natapos :(
  • markymapanaomarkymapanao Pasig City
    Hi,

A newbie here, my wife and I were planning to try there in australia...in my current job im handling an avaya pabx...just wondering who will be my assessing body...what will be my first step...i hope i can receive replies...thank you in advance mga kababayan...sana palarin po kami....
  • moonwitchbleumoonwitchbleu Sydney

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually not planning to include the customer service rep as I know it's not relevant for job code 263111. What I'm really worried of is if the technical support rep, which I will include a detailed job description such as configuring residential network equipment, will be considered by ACS. Because with my current job as a network engineer (this time it's far more hardcore; configuring PE and CE routers for BGP over MPLS network as well as carrier-grade switches), I only have 2 years and 4 months which may not be enough to get the threshold of 3 years relevant experience. But I'm still looking positively on that. Have you heard of someone here with the same call center experience got credit for such job? Thanks thanks!
    hI @AlphaMale, as long as na meet naman and job descriptions stated sa occupation na gusto mo ipa assess, it should be okay. You may find the occupation job description sa site nila like this -> http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/c/computer-network-and-systems-engineer.htm

But from what I know, acs will deduct atleast 2 years from your work experience.

Feb 02, 2012 - Skill Assessment submission to ACS
    Mar 23, 2013 - IELTS Result - Competent
    Apr 03, 2013 - ACS Assessment Positive
    Apr 06, 2013 - Submitted EOI (190)
    Apr 11, 2013 - Submitted NSW SS (190)
    Apr 16, 2013 - NSW SS Acknowledgment email received
    July 01, 2013 - NSW SS approval letter received
    July 03, 2013 - Skillselect Invite received
    Aug 14, 2013 - Lodged Visa 190
    Aug 16, 2013 - Upload Docs (including NBI Clearance)
    Aug 25, 2013 - Gave Birth
    Sep 20, 2013 - CO Allocated (GSM Adelaide Team 06)
    Sep 22, 2013 - Informed CO of additional dependent (Baby)
    Oct 04, 2013 - Hubby's Medical Uploaded
    Oct 12, 2013 - Medical Uploaded
    Oct 16, 2013 - SG PCC Collected and Uploaded
    Oct 17, 2013 - Form 1022, Baby's Birth Certificate and Passport sent to CO
    Oct 23, 2013 - Baby is included in eVisa
    Oct 30, 2013 - Baby's Medical Uploaded
    Nov 21, 2013 - VISA GRANT (IED: Aug 2014)
    Feb 08, 2014 - Hubby's initial entry
    Feb 13, 2014 - Hubby's Job Offer
    Feb 18, 2014 - Hubby's First Day High :D
    Apr 23, 2014 - Initial Entry (Baby and Me)
    Feb 04, 2015 - My First day high (Home-based perm position)

Thank you, thank you so much Lord. Life is indeed beautiful :)

• somasoma Brisbane
    @soma
    ganito po yung sample ng stamps sa docs ko. 4 yung pang stamp ng lawyer then nag sign sya every page. hth
    I went to another Notary Public today, and for the 3rd time, they told me na wala silang stamp that says "certified true copy etc.". What they did was, write a separate affidavit for each of my documents (birth cert, diploma etc).

I have a feeling baka hindi tanggapin ng ACS, dahil gusto nila naka stamp on each page :S

May kilala ba kayo na notary public who has a "stamp" like this?
    Hi @soma, try mo tingnan sa thread na to baka may nakuha ka idea http://pinoyau.info/discussion/89/notary-public-certified-true-copies/p1

• somasoma Brisbane
    @moonwitchbleu Thank you moonwitchbleu. Yes, I've also scanned through that thread and learned a lot. As per that thread, dapat talaga may stamp ang bawat page. Too bad hindi sila katulad ng DIAC who accepts colored scan copies because mine are.

What I failed to find in that thread is a suggestion of a law office/notarial service who has this STAMP, similar to what I attached earlier. I have been to 3 notarial services and was turned down. One of them gave me an affidavit instead. But ACS clearly wants that STAMP on each page. I'm looking for a Notary Public that has this stamp.
    ^@soma, iirc, one of the regular posters here had his docs CTC'd at a NP in front of the PRC office. You can also try the NP right beside McDonald's Mindanao/Tandang Sora.

Journey to PR:
    12 Aug 2015 - submitted EOI for 189 (60 points), 190 (NSW-65 points), 489 (state and relative sponsored - 70 points)

Citizenship:

^@soma, iirc, one of the regular posters here had his docs CTC'd at a NP in front of the PRC office. You can also try the NP right beside McDonald's Mindanao/Tandang Sora.
    I went at prc (near morayta) last 2 weeks ago. Marami nga np dun but are those np's are tested and accepted by ACS? Don't get me wrong kase parang hindi talaga cla law opis or legit. May iba nga dun na para lng side walk vendor at nag set up ng table with signage Notary Public. As per other discussions here, may instances kc na tinatawagan ung law opis or notary public for clarification ng mga nag aacess.

• AlphaMaleAlphaMale Mandaluyong
    salamats @moonwitchbleu.
    i'm really hoping they will consider that as a relevant experience so i can have a little over than 5 years related experience in total. cheers!

December 15, 2013 - Joined pinoyau.info.
    Moving forward...

• somasoma Brisbane
    I went at prc (near morayta) last 2 weeks ago. Marami nga np dun but are those np's are tested and accepted by ACS? Don't get me wrong kase parang hindi talaga cla law opis or legit. May iba nga dun na para lng side walk vendor at nag set up ng table with signage Notary Public. As per other discussions here, may instances kc na tinatawagan ung law opis or notary public for clarification ng mga nag aacess.
    Thanks appledeuce, i'll try to visit these NP's if I don't find any luck with the NP's near our city hall.

@Abraham - I have the same doubts about going to such NP's which is why I initially opted to get certification from big corporate law offices. Unfortunately, none of them agreed to stamp each page, and no one has this kind of stamp in their possession.
    you're welcome @Abraham and @soma. Pag nagpa CTC kayo check nyo rin until when they are authorized. I think may expiry yung license nila to notarize or to give CTC stamp.

• iamfiiamfi Melbourne
    @densp72 hello..ask ko lng po dhil major in ICT ung BSECE sa Mapua..meaning wala deduction sa work experience mo? kc nagpa assess aq last december lang..BSECE din po sa Mapua, tas 3 years experience lng sa work..magkaka 5 points ba aq because of that? or 0 points pa din dhil need nila ng 2years experience na madeduct? thanks
  • lexxuslexxus Mandaluyong
    edited January 2014
    @densp72 thanks for sharing your experience. Magtry ako mag pass though pag hindi mag positive not sure kung kaya ko mag- appeal. Anong year ka po graduate ng bsece? Thanks

12/09/13 - Started collecting documents
    01/18/14 - Submitted ACS (Analyst programmer 261311)
    01/19/14 - Procrastination (iELTS review)
    - Wasted time in Dota 2
    03/31/14 - Received positive result: ACS assessment suitable
    04/01/14 - Procrastination (iELTS)
    - Petiks in reviewing iELTS
    - Wasted time in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
    04/22/14 - Start iELTS review no more excuses
    06/21/14 - ielts IDP: L = 7, S = 7, W = 6, R = 6 (boom sablay >,<)
    08/16/14 - ielts IDP: L = 8, S = 7, W = 6, R = 7.5 (Writing again omg)

@pmzinoz - Ayun salamat din sa response kahit papaano nadagdagan ang lakas ng loob ko to pursue. Thanks.

- Wasted time in Dota 2

• kremitzkremitz North Ryde
    Need ur help guys..umm if section 3 ang school then computer engineering ang course, possible ba ba na equivalent to bachelors degree yung assessment? or diploma lang?

Main applicant : Husband
    April 29, 2013 : ACS Skills assessment
    July 22, 2013 : ACS assessment result
    January 3, 2014: IELTS Result (Take 1 L-8,W,R,S-7)
    January 12, 2013: Lodged EOI (65points)
    January 13, 2013: Invited to apply for visa 189
    February 9, 2014: Lodged visa
    March 1, 2014: Medicals at NHSI
    March 6: email from CO requesting form 80 and hubby's NBI Clearance
    March 25, 2014: visa grant. Thank you lord
    June 8,2014: Hubby arrived in Sydney
    Sept 11,2014: Hubby's first day of work. Thank you Lord!
    Feb 7, 2015 : Baby and I arrived in Sydney
    April 13, 2015: My first day of work :)

Thanks appledeuce, i'll try to visit these NP's if I don't find any luck with the NP's near our city hall.

@Abraham - I have the same doubts about going to such NP's which is why I initially opted to get certification from big corporate law offices. Unfortunately, none of them agreed to stamp each page, and no one has this kind of stamp in their possession.
    @soma @Abraham, kung malapit kayo sa Quezon City Hall, may NP dun sa left wing ng main entrance, PNP office siya. Php100 per document. Mukhang legit naman:

Journey to PR:

Citizenship:

• somasoma Brisbane
    Finally got my docs certified with a CTC stamp. I got mine done by a corporate lawyer. Gusto ko sana i-share, pero nakaka hiya dahil pinaki-usapan lang namin sa isa pang connection namin.

However, may napuntahan ako sa Mandaluyong city hall (4th floor), meron silang ganitong stamp (kaso nung pag punta ko, wala pa daw yung pang 2014). 100 lang din per page. Madali sila kausap, just bring your original copies and no other questions asked. Look for Cathy, yung secretary ng Notary Public.

Sana OK na yung re-upload ko sa ACS website. Thanks sa lahat! @moonwitchbleu and @appledeuce
    Qustion po regarding statutory declaration, nagback read po kasi ako ng mejo matagal na thread dito ang sabi if nasa pinas use affidavit otherwise use statutory declaration. Gusto ko lang po iconfirm kung ano yung mga ginamit nyo na most of the time nagwowork? Ayaw kasi magbigay ng job description ng previous employer ko. Thanks!

- Wasted time in Dota 2