Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

HELP - Worked as AP Associate and Accountant for Australian BPO

Hi,

Im new to this forum po. Just need your help, planning to apply for PR din po kasi and Ive passed my PTE A na. So right now gathering documents nalang for degree and work assessment. Question po, I worked as an AP associate and as an accountant for an Australian BPO, and when I compare the job descriptions, mostly basic yung mga JD na nasa COE ko as compared sa nasa JD under Accountant - General. Do you think I'll have a chance at getting a positive assessment?

My job descriptions as an accountant for BPO company are:

*Uses Xero Accounting System database to generate reports and record daily transactions.
*Assisting directors in the preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for *Companies through processing of client data, analyzing transactions and posting adjusting journal entries in the firm’s accounting software. Ensuring accuracy, reasonability, and completeness of total financial results (balance sheet and income statement) by legal entity for AASB and regulatory reporting.
*Preparing various month-end journal entries, supporting files, reconciliations, and other close related items.
*Handling day to day office administration duties, including correspondences and billings, replying to clients basic enquiries and acting on behalf of clients in dealing with government agencies (i.e. Australian Tax Office, Office of State Revenue) with regards to client’s tax affairs.
*Preparation of monthly/quarterly BAS and IAS for all the entities.
Assist in conducting internal research and provide recommended solutions to complex tax issues.
*Maintaining and updating corporate files for companies and assist in updating corporate details in ASIC records.
*Coordination, review and implementation of Draft Financial Reports by various internal and external groups, (i.e. financial reporting reviewers, legal, tax, etc.)
*Various ad-hoc requests as needed.

As for AP Associate eto naman po:
*Review and verification of approximately 300+ invoices and check requests per week
*Sorting, coding and matching of invoices
*Recording of expenses to proper expense accounts
*Preparing and submitting detailed expense analysis
*Monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date
*Monitoring subsidiary ledgers to ensure no overpayment is being made for each construction project
*Reporting sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
*Assisting with month end closing by monitoring accruals and preparing entries for reversal of accruals, entries for closing intercompany accounts and re-class of transactions
*Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies and issues by coordinating with project cost engineers and suppliers
*Maintaining vendor files
*Corresponding with vendors/point persons from business units and responding to inquiries
*Maintaining historical records by filing documents (commitment orders; purchase orders; contracts)
*Maintaining subsidiary ledgers for expense accounts/fixed assets
*Providing supporting documentation for audits

Really worried na po kasi since I dont do complex tasks like being involved in the budgeting process etc.

Please help :(

Thank you po!