Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

17 months since lodging citizenship application till now nganga

KG2KG2 DarwinPosts: 380Member

I tried to call the home affairs number but all they can tell me is that the processing time is 19-20 months now. Last may it was 22 months. They don't even bother to take details anymore like the reference number. So parang walang kwenta.

My wife who took the exam only one day ahead of me are already citizens together with my son. We applied for the citizenship separately which was a mistake on my side but I think it is a blessing in disguise as well because they might not have been citizens this time around.

I am not sure if I should make an FOI request or make a feedback baka it will be here anytime soon. Anyone here made these efforts to follow up and has it worked to your advantage?

Destination: Darwin
School: CDU(Jul 15, 2013 intake) up to Aug 5, 2013

Sept 13 - IELTS passed(8 overall)
        <span style="background-color:#00ff00;">April 8, 2013 - Lodged Visa Subclass 573 thru IDP-L1-SVP&nbsp;</span>
        April 15, 2013 - medical exam at NHSI Cebu
        <span style="background-color:#00ff00;">April 16, 2013 - wife for repeat UA with FBS and creatinine&nbsp;</span>
        April 27, 2013 - medical of son and me forwarded to Global Health(according to NHSI)
        <span style="background-color:#00ff00;">May 3, 2013 - medical of wife forwarded to GH(according to NHSI)&nbsp;</span>
        May 5, 2013 - DIAC said they are waiting for my wifes health clearance from GH
        <span style="background-color:#00ff00;">May 30, DIAC said that medical results of wife was referred to MOC&nbsp;</span>
        July 15, 2013, DIAC said that medical clearance received by CO
        <span style="background-color:#00ff00;">July 18, 2013 - DIAC requested for approval for late arrival&nbsp;</span>

July 23 - grant, July 24 - email received with grant attached
SOME HELPFUL LINKS(MOUSE OVER TO SEE TITLE)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

If He gets you to it, He'll get you through it...

Comments

• chelimpinchelimpin Brisbane
    > @KG2 said:
    > I tried to call the home affairs number but all they can tell me is that the processing time is 19-20 months now. Last may it was 22 months. They don't even bother to take details anymore like the reference number. So parang walang kwenta.
    >
    > My wife who took the exam only one day ahead of me are already citizens together with my son. We applied for the citizenship separately which was a mistake on my side but I think it is a blessing in disguise as well because they might not have been citizens this time around.
    >
    > I am not sure if I should make an FOI request or make a feedback baka it will be here anytime soon. Anyone here made these efforts to follow up and has it worked to your advantage?

Hi KG2,

Siguro you can try na mag apply ng FOI, para siguro magkaroon ng a bit of an idea sa stage ng application mo. My husband requested FOI, 2 weeks after ng test namin kasi naapprove yung akin, minutes after the test pero ung sa kanya hindi agad na approve. I dont know kung nag work yun kasi after a month pa after ng FOI na approve application nya.
    I am not sure if you read the pomsinoz forum, ung iba doon humihingi ng tulong sa mga local MPs nila.
  • Captain_ACaptain_A AUSTRALIA

@KG2 said:
    I tried to call the home affairs number but all they can tell me is that the processing time is 19-20 months now. Last may it was 22 months. They don't even bother to take details anymore like the reference number. So parang walang kwenta.

My wife who took the exam only one day ahead of me are already citizens together with my son. We applied for the citizenship separately which was a mistake on my side but I think it is a blessing in disguise as well because they might not have been citizens this time around.

I am not sure if I should make an FOI request or make a feedback baka it will be here anytime soon. Anyone here made these efforts to follow up and has it worked to your advantage?

how did you? which council are you?

18 Mar '16 IELTS Results
    06 Apr '16 EA CDR Skills Assessment submitted
    26 Apr '16 EA Skills Assessment Positive Outcome
    06 May '16 PTE-A Exam
    07 May '16 PTE- A Results & Submitted EOI
    11 May '16 Got ITA
    02 Jun '16 Lodge Visa
    04 Jul '16 Direct Grant

Believe you can... and you're halfway there.... - Roosevelt