Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Working Remotely from PH

Hi. Does anyone here have experience working remotely for an Australian company while in the Philippines or another country? I was just wondering if a work visa (or any other visa with work rights) is still needed if you're technically not in Australia but working for an Australian company.

My specific situation is this: I was working as a casual employee while studying in Sydney on a student visa. I left Australia just before my student visa expired. My employers knew that I had to leave since I gave them a copy of my VEVO check as my contract requires proof of work rights. My problem now is that they want me to continue the work remotely in the Philippines with the same contract. Technically, they want me to still work as a casual employee even without a valid visa and work rights. I'm quite hesitant to accept their offer since I declared in my previous contract that I have work rights in Australia. Also, getting paid will mean paying taxes and super without any work rights which is easily traceable.

So basically, does any one know if is this allowed? Should I demand for a new contract (overseas contractor or consultant probably)?