Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

RRV 155 question - Please help

Hello Forum Members

I would Appreciate if someone can throw light on my situation.
I already have a 155 RRV that expires on 5th Feb2025.
I am currently in Japan and would like to extend the time further if I satisfy the conditions.

Below are movement days as per record and I have lived in Australia for total
741 days since my first entry on 31/12/2017.

Is my understanding correct that 31/12/2022 would be the last qualifying date
to re-apply for 155 RRV to have a further 5 year extension?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• metallicakyoto1metallicakyoto1 Posts: 2Member

Appreciate if someone can advise

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited January 2022

@metallicakyoto1 said:
    Hello Forum Members

I would Appreciate if someone can throw light on my situation.
    I already have a 155 RRV that expires on 5th Feb2025.
    I am currently in Japan and would like to extend the time further if I satisfy the conditions.

Below are movement days as per record and I have lived in Australia for total
    741 days since my first entry on 31/12/2017.

Is my understanding correct that 31/12/2022 would be the last qualifying date
    to re-apply for 155 RRV to have a further 5 year extension?

Thank you in advance.

Hi. I have looked into the Home Affairs to see if I can help.

Can you clarify if the expiry of your RRV is really Feb 2025 or Feb 2022? Because as far as I know, RRV are valid for 5 years, but your residency count is from 2017. Was 2017 the year you applied? If your current RRV was approved in 2017, then I expect your expiry date to be 2022.

In calculating the residence requirement, the:
    2-year period is counted as 730 days
    5-year period is counted back from the RRV application lodgement date (not from the date of RRV decision)
    date of arrival and date of departure are both included in the count of days in Australia. Only one day is counted if the applicant arrives and departs on the same day. Only one day is counted if a visa expires and another one is granted on the same day. A part-day spent in Australia by a permanent visa holder is counted as a full day.

Source: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/resident-return-visa-155-157#Eligibility

From the Home Affairs website, it states that the 5-year period is counted from the time you lodged your RRV, not from the time it was approved. Check if you have a record of your RRV application before, so your count will be based on the time you applied (not on the day you got the grant).

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam