Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

PR OR STUDENT VISA

Hello everyone! I'm new at this po and i am really looking forward for answers, thank you in advance!

Comments

• AnikaAnika Posts: 3Member

I am a senior hs teacher here in the PH and I am thinking of going to AU.
    Any suggestions on how should I proceed? I have 1 year experience so far.
    What would be the best visa for entry? Student? or should I wait for 2 more years of experience to directly aim for PR?

• lunarcatlunarcat Posts: 376Member

@Anika said:
    What would be the best visa for entry? Student? or should I wait for 2 more years of experience to directly aim for PR?

Hi, you can check your eligibility kong saan ka pwedi na PR visa through this link:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options

For PR visa it is skilled migration, meaning it requires enough skills for these visas but according to you, you only have a year experience.

Anika

ANZSCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst | 189 - 75 | 190 (NSW) - 80 | 419 (NSW) - 90
    Oct 2019 - Started my journey to πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί as a SV holder (Diploma and Adv. diploma of IT)
    Feb 2020 - Arrived in Au - Thank you Lord!
    Oct 2022 - Granted Visa TSS 482 (Medium stream)
    Jun 2023 - Start of my PR journey (Thank you, Lord para sa biyaya and opportunity!)
    15 June 2023 - Consulted IMES and Immi Visa
    22 June 2023 - Submitted all documents for ACS Skills Assessment
    05 July 2023 - Submitted additional doco to IMES
    27 July 2023 - Lodged ACS Assessment
    08 Sept 2023 - PTE (Proficient)
    25 Oct 2023 - Received ACS positive result after 13 weeks
    27 Oct 2023 - EOI Lodgement
    30 Oct 2023 - Corrected EOI for work experience claimed points
    --Waiting for pre-invite--

• haringkingkingharingkingking Adelaide

@Anika said:

It may depend on your targeted timeline. If you want to go faster to AU, considering your work experience now, you may opt to apply for a SV and hope that you can apply for a PR visa later on or have a company that can sponsor your visa. But if you are not in a hurry and willing to gain more experience first in PH, you may just apply for skilled migration afterwards. Just take note that invitation for PR visas is very competitive and you might want to check first your eligible points before deciding your next steps. Good luck to your plans! :)

Anika
  • AnikaAnika Posts: 3Member

Thank you for your answers po :)

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited January 2022

@Anika said:

As the others have said, it depends on your timeline and eligibility for PR. Since you're a Senior HS teacher, you could potentially nominate Secondary School Teacher as your occupation, but you need to have your qualification assessed. I'm just not sure if work experience is required for skills assessment, if so you'll need at least a few years of experience as some skill assessing authority would deduct some years of your work experience (and you would not be able to claim those deducted years as work experience). For example, if you have 3 years of work experience by the time you apply for skills assessment, but the assessing authority deducts 2 years, then you only have 1 year of work experience that you can claim. So you won't get points for overseas experience as you need a minimum of 3 years work experience that you can claim. At least that's how I understand the deductions work. At the moment, that occupation is on the MLTSSL, but most states are focusing on sponsoring those who are already onshore and are working at a specific state.

The student pathway will only be recommended if you're really keen on doing further studies that can lead to PR pathway, but I'd say it's the fastest way to get onshore and get additional points for PR (Australian study, regional study, Australian work experience, etc.). However, it will be expensive (whether VET or university), takes a lot of time, and there's no assurance/guarantee that you will get PR down the line.

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• rumu882rumu882 Posts: 1Member

Hello there, I am Rumu Rehman from Melbourne, Australia. I've migrated my study Bangladesh to Australia at Melbourne Metropolitan College, Melbourne, Australia.
    It was my dream to study in Australia. Global Heights assisted me and helped me a lot to find the best college in Australia.
    I am so happy with their service.
    I highly recommend Global Heights as the best platform to choose if anyone wants to study in Australia from bangladesh .

• PR_AUPR_AU Posts: 17Member

Good day po. How about if meron pong more than 5 years in banking and finance? May I ask your opinion if PR or Student or Work Visa po? Target po is NSW. Although, more on project management and marketing exposure po not on the branches/frontline. Thank you :)