Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

How’s the job market for accountants in Australia?

I’m asking because some Filipinos say accountants in Australia are in-demand and you usually get hired in just a month or less. But I also hear from some Australians that the job market right now is highly saturated. Please further enlighten me on this matter.

About me: I’m a CPA in the Philippines with 3 years work experience — 2 years as big4 tax associate and 1 year working for Australian clients as general accountant thru an outsourcing firm. I plan to migrate to Australia in 1-2 years from now. I choose Aus since I have a sister there who’s already a citizen and can sponsor me. I plan to apply for VISA 491 or 189/190. I also plan to get a full CPA Australia certification.

What are my chances of landing a job given my (limited) work experience? What role in accounting should I pursue to increase my chances of getting hired (i.e. Internal audit, external audit, general accountant, bookkeeper, etc.)?