Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

What occupation to nominate for an Engineer but working as Procurement Analyst

Hi! need your help please.

Education background:
1. BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
2. Master in Business Administration

I’m an Engineer but working as Senior Procurement Analyst in a Telecommunications Company for more than 5years.

Which occupation I can nominate for skills assessment?
1. Telecommunications Engineer
2. Management Consultant

Target visa: 189 or 190

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

If you have MBA, likely management consultant. This just based on skills assessment outcomes we have for management consultants…but you have to check first which duties for both occupations you mentioned relates most to your experience. Only you would know this

tintiritintin
  • tintiritintintintiritintin Posts: 4Member

@RheaMARN1171933 said:
    If you have MBA, likely management consultant. This just based on skills assessment outcomes we have for management consultants…but you have to check first which duties for both occupations you mentioned relates most to your experience. Only you would know this

Thank you po for the feedback. In terms of skills assessment po, ano po mas madali ipassess/requirements for assessment? Management consultant or telecommunications engineer. Based on my current work/role, both occupation po are related po. Thanks again

• RheaMARN1171933RheaMARN1171933 Posts: 2,693Member, Administrator, Moderator

@tintiritintin said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

Thank you po for the feedback. In terms of skills assessment po, ano po mas madali ipassess/requirements for assessment? Management consultant or telecommunications engineer. Based on my current work/role, both occupation po are related po. Thanks again

It’s not about what’s easier, it’s more of what occupation would be the most relevant. I can’t advice with limited information.

• magueromaguero Adelaide

@tintiritintin Just to give my 2 cents. Vetassess has skills assessment tips for Management Consultants which you may or may not have seen yet. This might help you determine if you can successfully be assessed for this role https://www.vetassess.com.au/home/updates/post/skills-assessment-tips-for-management-consultants

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

@tintiritintin said:

@RheaMARN1171933 said:

It’s not about what’s easier, it’s more of what occupation would be the most relevant. I can’t advice with limited information.

Noted and thanks po

@maguero said:
    @tintiritintin Just to give my 2 cents. Vetassess has skills assessment tips for Management Consultants which you may or may not have seen yet. This might help you determine if you can successfully be assessed for this role https://www.vetassess.com.au/home/updates/post/skills-assessment-tips-for-management-consultants

Thanks so much po. I will check po.

• money_engineermoney_engineer Dubai, UAE

My wife is an electrical engineer and now she works as a business development analyst for an oil & gas services company. She already has 4 years experience on that role. Prior to that she was working as an electrical designer for 5 years. We were thinking that she study masters in business analyst in Australia so we can be onshore and Ill get the benefits of working there as well. She can graduate after 2 years then go for post study visa. Would that move make sense for us? Looking forward for advise. By the way, management consultant is also the ANZSCO I see related to her current role.

ispidprik

233914 Engineering Technologist | Age: 25 | Education: 15 | Overseas Experience: 15 | English: 20 | Partner Skills: 10 | NAATI CCL: 5 | Total: 90 (189) / 95 (190) / 105 (491) - Offshore

08-Apr-18 | IELTS Results: L-8, R-8.5, S-7, W-6, Overall-7.5
    14-Sep-19 | Lodged EA MSA CDR + RSEA (Fast Track)
    18-Sep-19 | Contacted by EA, additional info
    23-Sep-19 | Received EA MSA CDR + RSEA (Fast Track) Positive Outcome
    29-Feb-20 | PTE Examination (Main - 1st Take)
    01-Mar-20 | PTE Results (Main): L-79, R-83, S-90, W-76, Overall-80 (Proficient)
    01-Jul-20 | PTE Examination (Main - 2nd Take; Partner - 1st Take)
    07-Jul-20 | PTE Results (Main): L-90, R-90, S-90, W-78, Overall-90 (Proficient)
    07-Jul-20 | PTE Results (Partner): L-79, R-83, S-90, W-80, Overall-82 (Superior)
    07-Jul-20 | Lodged EA MSA CDR (Fast Track) (Partner)
    14-Jul-20 | NAATI CCL Examination (Online)
    27-Jul-20 | Received EA MSA CDR (Fast Track) (Partner) Positive Outcome
    27-Jul-20 | Lodged initial EOI at 80 points
    28-Jul-20 | PTE Examination (Main - 3rd Take)
    28-Jul-20 | PTE Results (Main): L-90, R-78, S-90, W-85, Overall-86 (Proficient)
    29-Jul-20 | NAATI CCL Examination Results - Passed - 70/90
    29-Jul-20 | Updated EOI at 85 points
    08-Aug-20 | PTE Examination (Main - 4th Take)
    08-Aug-20 | PTE Results (Main): L-90, R-88, S-90, W-90, Overall-90 (Superior)
    08-Aug-20 | Updated EOI at 95 points
    16-Jan-21 | Points down to 90 points (189) due to age
    21-Dec-21 | EOI NSW 190 - 95 points
    19-Jan-22 | EOI VIC 190 - 95 points
    08-Jul-22 | EOI WA 190 - 95 points
    09-Jul-22 | EOI WA 491 - 105 points
    27-Jul-22 | EOI 189 - 90 points - EXPIRED
    29-Jul-22 | EOI 189 - 90 points - SUBMITTED
    11-Aug-22 | VIC 190 - ROI submitted
    23-Aug-22 | VIC 190 - PRE-INVITE received
    25-Aug-22 | VIC 190 - ITA received
    19-Sep-2022 | Lodged (uploaded all docs incl. Form 80 and 1221)
    24-Sep-2022 | Medical cleared:
    21-Nov-2022 | Direct Grant VIC 190 PR (Thank you Lord)
    XX-XXX-2023 | Big move!

• ispidprikispidprik Posts: 143Member

@money_engineer said:
    My wife is an electrical engineer and now she works as a business development analyst for an oil & gas services company. She already has 4 years experience on that role. Prior to that she was working as an electrical designer for 5 years. We were thinking that she study masters in business analyst in Australia so we can be onshore and Ill get the benefits of working there as well. She can graduate after 2 years then go for post study visa. Would that move make sense for us? Looking forward for advise. By the way, management consultant is also the ANZSCO I see related to her current role.

Well its easier to get onshore with a student visa but i think its the most expensive route but if funds is not an issue then go for it just make sure that you can get a pthway to PR. Another option is thru skilled migration as this will give you a clearer route to PR just check if your occupations are in the list. Goodluck hope i made sense.