Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Working / visit visa

Good day, i applied for a job in POEA and the agency has replied...

Kung matanggap daw ako ni employer need ko daw muna lumipad ng australia as visit visa at the same time working nadin dun... Dun nadin daw ako mag take ng vetasess, then after skill assessment saka iprocess yung visa subclass 482... Ganito ba talaga ang process???? Is it legal? Thank you po

Comments

• atheleneathelene Brisbane

@arjiejonell said:

Kung matanggap daw ako ni employer need ko daw muna lumipad ng australia as visit visa at the same time working nadin dun... Dun nadin daw ako mag take ng vetasess, then after skill assessment saka iprocess yung visa subclass 482... Ganito ba talaga ang process???? Is it legal? Thank you po

You mean you will start working in Australia while on a visit visa? Working on a tourist visa is actually illegal. If, however, you are only visiting Australia to conduct in-person interviews, then that's okay. If you're doing skills assessment, that actually takes time, and I doubt your physical presence in Australia affects the speed of processing. Cost of living in Australia is actually expensive, so if you're staying longer than 2-3 weeks on a tourist visa, you'd need a lot of money because you can't work on a tourist visa. Also, if you are granted a tourist visa, you need to have health insurance for the duration of your stay. The longer you are here, the more you have to pay to remain covered by health insurance.

I don't know how long the processing of the 482 visa is nowadays, but it doesn't make sense economically (for you) to wait in Australia for the visa if you have no access to public healthcare and no work rights to fund your stay here.

You can check the conditions attached to a tourist visa here:
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions?product=600-29B#

As for processing times for 482 visa (which has several categories), you can check them out here (just search 482 visa):
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam

• JacrayeJacraye Sydney

@arjiejonell said:

Let's say this is legal since you applied at POEA. Working in Au with only a tourist visa is illegal.

If for some reason your employer could pull off such a thing, I would ask them that they shoulder all expenses (insurance, accommodation, skills assessment fees, etc.) until such time you receive your working visa. Cost of living is pretty expensive here so make sure you have negotiated your terms with your employer prior to acceptance.

ANZSCO 233213 Quantity Surveyor

• atheleneathelene Brisbane
    edited July 2022

@Jacraye said:

@arjiejonell said:

Let's say this is legal since you applied at POEA. Working in Au with only a tourist visa is illegal.

If for some reason your employer could pull off such a thing, I would ask them that they shoulder all expenses (insurance, accommodation, skills assessment fees, etc.) until such time you receive your working visa. Cost of living is pretty expensive here so make sure you have negotiated your terms with your employer prior to acceptance.

If you are keen on permanent migration down the line, I would say don't risk it by working while on a tourist visa. Maybe consider another visa type that can give you work rights. Breaching visa conditions can have serious repercussions, which can come back to haunt you in the future. Home Affairs can cancel your visa and introduce a re-entry ban, which means you can't enter Australia for up to 3 years.
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/status-resolution-service/re-entry-ban

232111 (Architect) | Current points: 65

30-01-2018 Applied for student visa (MArchSci), offshore application.
    11-08-2020 Applied for student visa (PhD), onshore application.
    28-02-2022 Submitted application to AACA for skills assessment (OQA Stage 1)
    27-05-2022 Received skills assessment outcome (Suitable/Positive)
    Next steps: PTE exam