Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

TSS 482 subsequent entrant

ia.pia.p ManilaPosts: 17Member

Hello everyone! Just posting our situation po and hoping someone can answer or give an advice.

My partner is currently processing his 482 TSS (Short term) Visa and we will be married in 2 weeks na.
Our plan is to be in Australia, with me being his dependent / 482 subsequent entry visa. Kaso his agency advised that he will be under 6 months probation (as part of the agency rule/condition) and then after, tska niya lang ako pwede iapply as dependent.

So ayun nga, we will be married pero baka wala pang 6 months or before this year ends paalis na siya.
Here are two scenarios that I'm looking at:

1. WAIT FOR 6-MOS AND APPLY FOR 482 SUBSEQUENT ENTRANT VISA - Do you think it's wise that we wait for 6 months and then apply me as his dependent? And would the case officer make it hard for us knowing na we're less than a year married by that time? Like would he/she even question the genuineness of our marriage kung kakakasal lang namin tapos bigla siya umalis? Overthinker lang hehe. Marami kasi rin ako nababasa na medyo matagal approval for dependent visas :(

2. APPLY FOR A STUDENT VISA AND THEN CHANGE IT TO 482 SUBSEQUENT ENTRANT VISA - Naisip ko lang 'to, although might seem more complicated, parang gusto ko na rin kasi sumabay kay hubby sa pag alis. So, is it possible na mag enter ako sa Australia as a student and then after my studies is iapply nya na ako as 482 visa dependent - at least by that time onshore application na rin? Or, is it even possible to jump from Student Visa 500 to TSS 482 at all?

Hope someone can help us po. Hehe, thank you and god bless!