Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• RS2020RS2020 Posts: 9Member

Hi everyone, thank you for the contributions to the forum here. I am hoping for someone to respond to my queries below please:

1. Just to confirm, teacher registration is not required as part of the visa application process, and can be done once invited and in Australia. Is there a website / resource that I can refer to confirm this?
    2. My B.Com and Grad Dip.Ed - Primary (studied full-time in Australia in 2003) combine to make up my 4 Year Degree with ITE. I have the Supervised Teaching Statement from the university and have submitted for AITSL. Query: For English proficiency, I chose option 2 and did not need an IELTS test. However, I have taken the PTE-A for the EOI. I am assuming this should be OK?
    3. Do you have any information on some states with special requirements such as Victoria, for example, which suggests that primary teachers must have experience in teaching one of 6/7 languages to apply, or secondary teachers must be experienced in certain subjects. Are these requirements upheld for offshore candidates, and if yes, how and when do we prove it to them? (see image below)
    4. In your experience, which states are usually more 'offshore friendly' to teachers on the short-term list esp Primary School Teachers. At the moment, I only see possibilities in ACT, SA and VIC (with VIC, point no. 3 above confuses me).

I appreciate your thoughts and openness to share your experience.

• Cambridge2020Cambridge2020 Posts: 13Member

For item 1, basically, EOI only requires 'suitable skills assessment' notice to claim points for your 'education' - so Teacher registration is not a requirement to submit your EOI.

Item 2: Do you mean you submitted your PTE-A for AITSL assessment? - Basically, AITSL (which is required for EOI application) ONLY accepts IELTS. While you can use your PTE-A for EOI submission.

Item 3: You may want to check Victorian Institute of Teaching website for the requirements. But basically, if you have the qualifications e.g four year (full-time or equivalent) teaching qualification undertaken at a higher education institution; you may commence your application for "Teacher Registration". So initially you may be given partial or provisional or full registration, ALL depends on your qualifications.
    I am confident that you are aware of how lengthy and challenging it is to be 'registered' in a state as they require standards such as:

• you must demonstrate that your professional practice meets the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) at the proficient level, and
    • Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC)
      In short, you need to be working in Australia (such as Victoria) to even start with the application for registration.

Item 4: You may want to check with a migration agent as they are most familiar with the requirements of each state depending on the visa you are applying for (e.g. VIC requires ACECQA certification for ECE V190 applicants). I can't say which is most offshore friendly but my agent shared the following for ECE V190 (which may give you an idea how is it now. However, "you can still very well apply EOI even if that occupation is closed":
    NT is closed
    ACT Canberra Matrix is closed to overseas applicants
    SA available to international graduates
    TAS available to international graduates
    NSW ONLY selected health, ICT and engineering occupations

@RS2020 said: See Above

Hi @Cambridge2020 . Thanks so much for your response.

@Cambridge2020 said:
    For item 1, basically, EOI only requires 'suitable skills assessment' notice to claim points for your 'education' - so Teacher registration is not a requirement to submit your EOI.

Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Item 2: Do you mean you submitted your PTE-A for AITSL assessment? - Basically, AITSL (which is required for EOI application) ONLY accepts IELTS. While you can use your PTE-A for EOI submission.

No, I meant that because my 4 year degree was achieved in Australia, I was not required to submit IELTS as part of the AITSL application. However I have gone ahead and sat the PTE-A for the EOI.

Item 3: ...
    I am confident that you are aware of how lengthy and challenging it is to be 'registered' in a state

Yes. Thanks for this. Not an issue at all. I guess it was concerning me if this needed to be part of the application but I’m glad that it doesn’t.

Item 4: You may want to check with a migration agent as they are most familiar with the requirements of each state depending on the visa you are applying for

It’s quite surprising how many don’t have experience with teachers. I would appreciate any personal recommendations :)

I appreciate your time once again. With gratitude.

@RS2020 said:

No, I meant that because my 4 year degree was achieved in Australia, I was not required to submit IELTS as part of the AITSL application. However I have gone ahead and sat the PTE-A for the EOI.

Cause I thought Option 2 means submitting IELTS :smile: Anyway, then there shouldn't be any issue :)

It’s quite surprising how many don’t have experience with teachers. I would appreciate any personal recommendations :)

Try this site, they do provide thorough assessment/advise: https://deltaimmigration.com.au/free-visa-assessment/visaassess.php?ref=flout_homepage

Welcome!

Dear @Cambridge2020, thank you for being so helpful.

I have a query about the skilled employment statement from AITSL.

I have been employed in the same institution for the past 10 years. So I assume this will be one statement covering the entire duration of my tenure.

Is there a sample SES that can be shared? The reason I ask is the long timelines, just in case something is amiss and needs resubmission. The SES is a further 4 weeks post Skills Assessment.

Much appreciate your input on the above.

Have a great day!

@RS2020 said:
    Dear @Cambridge2020, thank you for being so helpful.

I have a query about the skilled employment statement from AITSL.

I have been employed in the same institution for the past 10 years. So I assume this will be one statement covering the entire duration of my tenure.

Is there a sample SES that can be shared? The reason I ask is the long timelines, just in case something is amiss and needs resubmission. The SES is a further 4 weeks post Skills Assessment.

Much appreciate your input on the above.

Have a great day!

Yes, SES was given around 4 weeks after submission of COE.

SES simply states:
    The following period/s of employment have been assessed etc....

• From /date/ To /date/, role, for /company/ at /company address
    Cindyoconnell

Excellent @Cambridge2020. Thank you.

Hi @Cambridge2020, thank you for your response. I do have another question:

SES simply states:
    The following period/s of employment have been assessed etc....

• From /date/ To /date/, role, for /company/ at /company address

With reference to the SES above, one of the requirements when submitting the Statement of Employment is:

employment start and finish dates (day/month/year) - the finish date for current employment will be based on the date of the employment letter

Ref here

So the statement from the school can say either DD-MMM-YY to Present, or should it be the end of our current agreement?

OR it does not matter at all, as the end-date on the SES will be based on the date of the Statement of Employment. If yes, how does this impact the visa application eventually?

Thanks once again. Truly a great help :)

And one more thing @Cambridge2020,

Does the ‘Role’ matter? If one has taken on a coordinators role, do we write that role and describe the teaching responsibilities under it?

Or is it better to just put Teacher?

@RS2020 said:
    So the statement from the school can say either DD-MMM-YY to Present, or should it be the end of our current agreement?

OR it does not matter at all, as the end-date on the SES will be based on the date of the Statement of Employment. If yes, how does this impact the visa application eventually?

Your current employment would say from DATE to present, right? Therefore, for the SES statement, the finish/end date for current employment will be based on the date of the COE

I guess it depends on the number of years you are aiming to claim for (max points of 15 for 8 years or more of experience in the nominated occupation). So if your total years of experience is 8 years then you get max points. BUT if you only get let's say 7 years, then you can submit your EOI with 10points first, then after a year, you get SES again to be able to claim 15 points.

Yes, AITSL requires your job title/position clearly stated in the COE as they will assess whether it is 'relevant' to your nominated occupation. So, maybe ask your employer to put "Primary school teacher" as your role? What my employer provided was something like:
    2020- Kindergarten 2 (5 - 6 year olds)
    2019- Kindergarten 1 (4- 5 year olds)
    .... and so on

Thanks @Cambridge2020. Very clear. So stick to the basics.

My statement covers a range of responsibilities, and across multiple years, so for example:

1.08.2015 - 30.07.2018
    -Teacher for Years 3 and 4 - Thematic units including Literacy and Numeracy
    - Academic Coordinator
    - School Play Coordinator
    - Teacher Trainer

Are year ranges ok? Is it better to list one year at a time and avoid the other responsibilities..?

Thank you.

Where are you based @Cambridge2020 ?

@RS2020 said:
    Thanks @Cambridge2020. Very clear. So stick to the basics.

My statement covers a range of responsibilities, and across multiple years, so for example:

1.08.2015 - 30.07.2018
    -Teacher for Years 3 and 4 - Thematic units including Literacy and Numeracy
    - Academic Coordinator
    - School Play Coordinator
    - Teacher Trainer

Are year ranges ok? Is it better to list one year at a time and avoid the other responsibilities..?

Not completely sure about this. But I guess, as long as your COE has the minimum requirements (such as job title/position: Teacher), then it should be okay.

Welcome!

• JRoma1828JRoma1828 Philippines

Hello po, good evening.. pwede po ba akong makahingi ng format ng Supervised Teaching Practice Certificate, need ko lang po kasi kumuha sa university ko, wala po kasi silang idea kung paano po yung format na gagawin.. big thanks po.. here is my email address:
    [email protected]

• japhet24japhet24 Posts: 1Member

@dnoblec anong site ang pwede for assessment?

@JRoma1828 said:
    Hello po, good evening.. pwede po ba akong makahingi ng format ng Supervised Teaching Practice Certificate, need ko lang po kasi kumuha sa university ko, wala po kasi silang idea kung paano po yung format na gagawin.. big thanks po.. here is my email address:
    [email protected]

All requirements including details on format/content is in their website :))

• cjpsyche007cjpsyche007 Posts: 54Member

Nice forum here. Thank you everyone.

26 Feb 2021 PTE Result L-80 R-84 W-77 S-90 Overall-84
    04 Sept 2021 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8 W-7.5 S-7 OBS 7.5
    07 Aug 2022 IELTS Result L-9 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-8
    31 Dec 2022 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-7.5
    27 Aug 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-7.5 OBS-7.5

15 Oct 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-8 OBS-7.5
    08 Jan 2024 PTE Result L-87 R-90 W-90 S-87 Overall-88

• MileRapMileRap Posts: 8Member

@caienri said:

@msssevelyn said:
    Hello po. I hope you can help me on this one. I submitted my application but it seems like AITSL is not satisfied with my evidence of practice teaching. My university submitted a matrix but it I feel that they want a letter or something.

Pwede po bang makahingi ng format? or if you can send a sample evidence of supervised teaching? Kahit i-blur nyo na lang po and private info. Salamat in advance.

@caienri , sana po tabassa néo. it seems like you've been extending help a lot.

Hello!
    Sorry ngaun lang nagcheck ulit.
    You can pm me your email address then i can send you a sample. If hindi pa late. 😅

Hello po maam. Pwede rin po ba ako makahingi ng sample template? Thank you po.

• christyyychristyyy Posts: 5Member

Hi everyone

I currently living in Melbourne, and plan to study under Graduate Diploma of Early Childhood ( a 1 year full time course). After a year there is going to be a skill assessment but then i realised the IELTS requirement is impossible to obtain (8877). Then i saw this:

An AITSL skills assessment can consider qualifications that are:
    completed in any of the six listed English speaking countries that results in award of a qualification;
    of at least one year full-time study duration; and
    comparable to the educational level of an Australian bachelor degree (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7) or higher.
    Please note that to fulfil the study option of the English Language criterion (Option 1), your total study must equal four full years in any of the six listed English speaking countries and this study must include a recognised initial teacher education qualification. All components of the initial teacher education qualification including supervised teaching practice must be completed in one or more of the six countries listed.

Well i did a Bachelor in Design - Animation and interactive ( 3 years course) and graduated back in 2015, then went back to my home country, not until now in 2022 that i decided to come back to Melbourne PR in mind. But im worried because i graduated 7 years ago, i dont know if im qualified for the waiver or AITSL will request me to take the IELTLS.

Do you think i can dodge the IELTS bullet?

Plz let me know ur opinions
    Thanks all

Hi,
    As indicated for Option 1: "study must include a recognised initial teacher education qualification", am I right that your Bachelors isnt related to education? I think it is strictly a requirement.

I suggest, don't be intimated by 8877 :) You can achieve that score! o:)

All the best!

@christyyy said:

Hi everyone

I currently living in Melbourne, and plan to study under Graduate Diploma of Early Childhood ( a 1 year full time course). After a year there is going to be a skill assessment but then i realised the IELTS requirement is impossible to obtain (8877). Then i saw this:

completed in any of the six listed English speaking countries that results in award of a qualification;
    comparable to the educational level of an Australian bachelor degree (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7) or higher.
    Please note that to fulfil the study option of the English Language criterion (Option 1), your total study must equal four full years in any of the six listed English speaking countries and this study must include a recognised initial teacher education qualification. All components of the initial teacher education qualification including supervised teaching practice must be completed in one or more of the six countries listed.

Well i did a Bachelor in Design - Animation and interactive ( 3 years course) and graduated back in 2015, then went back to my home country, not until now in 2022 that i decided to come back to Melbourne PR in mind. But im worried because i graduated 7 years ago, i dont know if im qualified for the waiver or AITSL will request me to take the IELTLS.

Thanks all

@Cambridge2020 said:
    Hi,
    As indicated for Option 1: "study must include a recognised initial teacher education qualification", am I right that your Bachelors isnt related to education? I think it is strictly a requirement.

I suggest, don't be intimated by 8877 :) You can achieve that score! o:)

All the best!

@christyyy said:

Hi everyone

Thanks all

Hi thanks for the reply,
    Yes, but im planning to study Grad Dip of Early Childhood and its 1 year full time uni course which also includes a recognised initial teacher education ITE program, would that count thou?

Also i saw this post by @RS2020 in this thread

@RS2020 said:
    Hi everyone, thank you for the contributions to the forum here. I am hoping for someone to respond to my queries below please:

1. Just to confirm, teacher registration is not required as part of the visa application process, and can be done once invited and in Australia. Is there a website / resource that I can refer to confirm this?
    2. My B.Com and Grad Dip.Ed - Primary (studied full-time in Australia in 2003) combine to make up my 4 Year Degree with ITE. I have the Supervised Teaching Statement from the university and have submitted for AITSL. Query: For English proficiency, I chose option 2 and did not need an IELTS test. However, I have taken the PTE-A for the EOI. I am assuming this should be OK?
    3. Do you have any information on some states with special requirements such as Victoria, for example, which suggests that primary teachers must have experience in teaching one of 6/7 languages to apply, or secondary teachers must be experienced in certain subjects. Are these requirements upheld for offshore candidates, and if yes, how and when do we prove it to them? (see image below)
    4. In your experience, which states are usually more 'offshore friendly' to teachers on the short-term list esp Primary School Teachers. At the moment, I only see possibilities in ACT, SA and VIC (with VIC, point no. 3 above confuses me).

I appreciate your thoughts and openness to share your experience.

He has a B. Com and Gra. Dip. Ed Primary
    I take that B. Com is Bachelor of Commerce? And he graduated in 2003. He mentioned that he did not need an IELTS test? Does this apply to me since i kinda have the same situation with him with the bachelor degree

Hi @christyyy - Yes. I received a positive skills assessment.

As per the current guidelines, as long as you have completed 4 years study at an Australian university, which includes at least one year of your teacher qualification, the requirement is exempted.

Go to Page 3, Opt. 1

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/docs/default-source/assessment-for-migration-forms/new-checklist-afm/afm_earlychildhood_checklist---feb-2022.pdf?sfvrsn=88cea73c_2

All the best.

@RS2020 said:
    Hi @christyyy - Yes. I received a positive skills assessment.

As per the current guidelines, as long as you have completed 4 years study at an Australian university, which includes at least one year of your teacher qualification, the requirement is exempted.

Go to Page 3, Opt. 1

https://www.aitsl.edu.au/docs/default-source/assessment-for-migration-forms/new-checklist-afm/afm_earlychildhood_checklist---feb-2022.pdf?sfvrsn=88cea73c_2

All the best.

Hi @RS2020 Oh my im so glad i can reach you!

Im planning to attend Grad Dip in Early Childhood (1 year full time) at Victoria University in Melbourne so i guess its eligible for the teacher qualification

May i have a detailed timeline of your journey? From when you completed the bachelor and the grad dip, to your aitsl skill assessment process?

Sorry for the trouble because im paranoid due to AITSL reserves the right to ask an applicant to undertake the Academic IELTS test if there is uncertainty about their level of English language proficiency.

• dabalyudabalyu Posts: 1Member

Hello, good day. Question lang po.

I am a teacher here in PH (8 yrs work experience, BS Biology for Teachers) and plan po sana namin mag Australia with my husband (civil engineer, 8 yrs work experience) and 2yo son as dependents under student visa.

Original plan po is to apply for PR kaso po medyo mahirap i-achieve yung IELTS requirement for teacher’s skills assessment. Same scenario kung si husband ang main applicant for PR, hindi ma-achieve ang full points ng partner dahil need din skills assessment (AITSL, IELTS requirement).

Talked to an agent, suggestion is to take up Master’s degree (Master of Teaching in Primary/Secondary).

1. May pathway po kaya itong master’s to a teaching position?
    2. Is it better po ba to take about Cert 3 and Diploma in ECE (however husband will have limited working hours and it can affect his potential employment)?

Thank you so much po sa mga sasagot.

@dabalyu

I suggest, try your best to achieve the score required. It is much cheaper to enroll in IELTS classes, purchase apps, or even hire a tutor to get 8877 (if it's similar to ECE) than to take MA or even Diploma which will take years to complete. There are several 'workers' in Australia under student visas who are exploited due to their limited working hours.

Also, be advised that childcare in Australia is extremely costly, I know someone who works as a surgeon there yet they felt that they were working just to be able to afford childcare. So you should also take this into consideration.

There may be a path to PR, but based on what I read/heard before, usually after student visa you may either transition to post-graduate visa (which allows you to find employment) or work visa right away- if you already found an employer. Afterward, you can apply for PR or your employer may sponsor your PR. Again this will take several years.

All the best!

@dabalyu said:
    Hello, good day. Question lang po.

I am a teacher here in PH (8 yrs work experience, BS Biology for Teachers) and plan po sana namin mag Australia with my husband (civil engineer, 8 yrs work experience) and 2yo son as dependents under student visa.

Original plan po is to apply for PR kaso po medyo mahirap i-achieve yung IELTS requirement for teacher’s skills assessment. Same scenario kung si husband ang main applicant for PR, hindi ma-achieve ang full points ng partner dahil need din skills assessment (AITSL, IELTS requirement).

Talked to an agent, suggestion is to take up Master’s degree (Master of Teaching in Primary/Secondary).

1. May pathway po kaya itong master’s to a teaching position?
    2. Is it better po ba to take about Cert 3 and Diploma in ECE (however husband will have limited working hours and it can affect his potential employment)?

Thank you so much po sa mga sasagot.

s3g3n
  • s3g3ns3g3n Posts: 11Member

Hello po question po

I am about to submit po my application in AITSL. Confused po ako kung anong category po ako magfall kasi ito po ang background ko

Bachelor's Degree - BS Biology for Teachers
    Practicum - Secondary School
    Working Exp - 4 Years Secondary School
    - 5 Years Primary School

Saan po kaya ako magfall? Secondary po ba kasi un ang issubmit kong letter of practice teaching?
    Thank you po sa mga insights! :) :)

MACINOZ2023
  • jakibantilesjakibantiles Sydney

Hello po. Yung sister-in-law ko po may less than 2yrs exp as early childhood teacher sa private school. Tapos 8yrs exp as secondary major in Filipino sa public. Nagmasters din sya. Ang goal sana ay magPR na early childhood ang pathway. Sabi sa AITSL 1yr exp lang ang required tapos 8877 na IELTS. Maccredit po kaya yung experience nya? Yung ibang assessing bodies kasi minsan binabawasan ng years yung experience. Salamat po.

ANZSCO 233512 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 30, Education: 15, Work Experience: 10, PTE: 20, Spouse: 10, CCL: 5 | State Nom: 5 (NSW)

Lodged Visa 482 | 17 Mar 2020 | Granted 24 Sep 2020 while Offshore
    Travel Exemption | DOA: 08 Oct 2020 | Approved: 12 Oct 2020

Lodged EOI: Visa 190/95pts NSW
    DOE: 23 Dec 2020
    Pre-Invite: 10 June 2021
    ITA: 18 June 2021
    Visa Lodge: 05 Aug 2021
    Medical: 31 Jan 2022
    Visa Grant: 20 Apr 2022

• jakibantilesjakibantiles Sydney

Hello po. 1yr lang nakalagay na minimum required work exp for early childhood teachers. Saktong 1yr lang ang experience ng sis in law ko. 5yrs+ ay secondary school na. Sa ibang assessment, binabawasan nila ng work exp years, ganun din kaya sa AITSL? Or pwedeng secondary school teacher sya magpa assess?

ANZSCO 233512 | Mechanical Engineer | Age: 30, Education: 15, Work Experience: 10, PTE: 20, Spouse: 10, CCL: 5 | State Nom: 5 (NSW)

Lodged Visa 482 | 17 Mar 2020 | Granted 24 Sep 2020 while Offshore
    Travel Exemption | DOA: 08 Oct 2020 | Approved: 12 Oct 2020

Lodged EOI: Visa 190/95pts NSW
    DOE: 23 Dec 2020
    Pre-Invite: 10 June 2021
    ITA: 18 June 2021
    Visa Lodge: 05 Aug 2021
    Medical: 31 Jan 2022
    Visa Grant: 20 Apr 2022

• admajoremadmajorem Posts: 6Member

Hello po good day,

I would like to ask po the needed documents required for AITSL assessment. My wife is a graduate of BS Education Major in English in Assumption College with 5yrs teaching experience in secondary school. I am a bit confused po regarding the ITE document that is needed for the assessment. Appreciate po your answers.

cjpsyche007

Points: English-10 | Age-30 | Education-15 | Work Experience-10 | Partners English-5
    SC189 - 70pts
    SC190 - 75pts
    SC491 - 85pts

Timeline:
    12/2022: Decided to pursue migration.
    01/2023: Researched skilled migration in AU
    03/04/2023: Got married
    03/12/2023: IELTS | Listening 8.5, Reading 9.0, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.0
    03/12/2023: Partner IELTS | Competent
    03/21/2023: Skills Assessment AITSL
    04/19/2023: Skills Assessment from AITSL - Positive
    04/19/2023: Skilled Employment Statement Application
    04/19/2023: EOI for VIC190-65pts | NSW190-65pts | WA491-75pts
    04/26/2023: AITSL SES Outcome - Positive
    04/26/2023: EOI for SC189-70pts
    04/26/2023: Updated EOI VIC190-75pts | NSW190-75pts | WA491-85pts
    05/02/2023: Pre-invite from VIC SC190-75pts
    05/02/2023: Withdrawn NSW SC190
    05/02/2023: Application for nomination VIC SC190-75pts
    05/04/2023: VIC 190 Nomination Approved
    05/16/2023: VISA LOGDEMENT
    05/22/2023: Medicals
    05/26/2023: Medical Cleared
    09/27/2023: VISA GRANTED

• Lou27Lou27 Posts: 70Member

@admajorem said:
    Hello po good day,

I would like to ask po the needed documents required for AITSL assessment. My wife is a graduate of BS Education Major in English in Assumption College with 5yrs teaching experience in secondary school. I am a bit confused po regarding the ITE document that is needed for the assessment. Appreciate po your answers.

What exactly do you need regarding ITE?