Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Filipino Teachers in Australia

Comments

• itcmaitcma Posts: 16Member

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:

@caienri said:

@Titania_dy said:
    Hello po so i gathered some info and i do not know if im getting the right idea but is the application something like this ☺️☺️:

Take ielts (lets say I passed) -> AITSL and ACECQA? -> EOI -> invitation -> visa grant

Saan po papasok ang teachers registration?
    And paano mo malalaman kung saan ka mag register? Or depending sa choice mo ba yon? Kindly enlighten me po 😅

Thank youuuu po !!!!

Are you in early childhood?
    ACECQA is meant for early childhood educators and teachers. Take note magkaiba sila.
    For Migration visa purposes, you just need IELTS and AITSL then you can lodge EOI, depende sa points. Hnd mo pa kelangan si ACECQA.

Yes po early childhood teacher here in SG. I want to know po kelan papasok so ACECQA at teacher registration (yung per state po ba un)?
    Thank you po so much sa info ☺️☺️

Requirement yan for work. So if work Visa ang gusto mo, you can start your registration sa ACECQA for early childhood.
    I also worked in SG, got a diploma there (L2). SG diploma is equivalent to Certificate III in early childhood by ACECQA. it’s NOT a teacher qualification.

So if may teaching degree ka from pinas, It can be considered as Teaching qualification by NESA (New South Wales).

Again, iba iba requirement per State. So research n lng. I can only share about NSW.

But for migration purposes, IELTS and AITSL muna.

Hello po! I'm planning to try this path din po. Initially, ang plano namin ni hubby is mag eenroll ako sa uni to take master's degree. Pero nakakahinayang kasi, sobrang mahal. Licensed teacher ako sa PH, Bachelor in Elementary Education major in Special Education yung undergrad program ko. May 2 years experience ako in teaching primary students (Grade 1-3 sa PH). Meron din po akong Graduate Diploma in Language and Literacy Education. Tsaka may special teaching license din po ako dito sa Japan (Senior HS level). Ang main problem ko is yung IELTS. Just like others, nahihirapan akong makakuha ng 8 sa speaking. Nagtake ako before ng IELTS General pero 6.5 lang speaking ko noon. The other bands nakakuha ako ng 7.5 or 8.

Do you think i-push ko yung PR path agad, wag na lang mag aral sa AU? May chance po kaya ako? Salamat po.

• caienricaienri Sydney

@itcma
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, hnd maiiwasan ang IELTS even after studying here. Sayang talaga. I suggest to focus sa pag aaral for IELTS. Take courses or kahit diy until you get band 8.

• admajoremadmajorem Posts: 6Member

Good day!
    Hi guys, i just want to ask few questions. Here is the situation, we currently have 60 points without state nomination points(5). Totally 60+5 which we will be able to meet the minimum requirements. We are still waiting for the work experience(10 points), partner assessment( EA - 5 points), and retake of PTE(possible +10points) which will make our total of 85+5=90 points.
    Primary applicant: Secondary school teacher
    Partner: Electronics Engineer
    As per VIC they are fast tracking nomination for certain eligible occupations such as Secondary school teachers. Deadline of submission of ROI is May 5.
    My question is should we submit EOI and go with our 65 points or wait for all the points outcome and submit with 90 points. If we wait we will not meet the May 5 deadline for submission of EOI and ROI for VIC190 and possible miss the 2022-2023 FY for EOI submission.
    Appreciate your inputs.

Points: English-10 | Age-30 | Education-15 | Work Experience-10 | Partners English-5
    SC189 - 70pts
    SC190 - 75pts
    SC491 - 85pts

Timeline:
    12/2022: Decided to pursue migration.
    01/2023: Researched skilled migration in AU
    03/04/2023: Got married
    03/12/2023: IELTS | Listening 8.5, Reading 9.0, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.0
    03/12/2023: Partner IELTS | Competent
    03/21/2023: Skills Assessment AITSL
    04/19/2023: Skills Assessment from AITSL - Positive
    04/19/2023: Skilled Employment Statement Application
    04/19/2023: EOI for VIC190-65pts | NSW190-65pts | WA491-75pts
    04/26/2023: AITSL SES Outcome - Positive
    04/26/2023: EOI for SC189-70pts
    04/26/2023: Updated EOI VIC190-75pts | NSW190-75pts | WA491-85pts
    05/02/2023: Pre-invite from VIC SC190-75pts
    05/02/2023: Withdrawn NSW SC190
    05/02/2023: Application for nomination VIC SC190-75pts
    05/04/2023: VIC 190 Nomination Approved
    05/16/2023: VISA LOGDEMENT
    05/22/2023: Medicals
    05/26/2023: Medical Cleared
    09/27/2023: VISA GRANTED

• s3g3ns3g3n Posts: 11Member

@admajorem said:
    Good day!
    Hi guys, i just want to ask few questions. Here is the situation, we currently have 60 points without state nomination points(5). Totally 60+5 which we will be able to meet the minimum requirements. We are still waiting for the work experience(10 points), partner assessment( EA - 5 points), and retake of PTE(possible +10points) which will make our total of 85+5=90 points.
    Primary applicant: Secondary school teacher
    Partner: Electronics Engineer
    As per VIC they are fast tracking nomination for certain eligible occupations such as Secondary school teachers. Deadline of submission of ROI is May 5.
    My question is should we submit EOI and go with our 65 points or wait for all the points outcome and submit with 90 points. If we wait we will not meet the May 5 deadline for submission of EOI and ROI for VIC190 and possible miss the 2022-2023 FY for EOI submission.
    Appreciate your inputs.

Hello since nakafast track yan expect invitation within a week. After mainvite my 2 months ka po to comply. Yan po ang timeline pero kasi sa EOI mo hinihingi na lahat-lahat eh laht TRF number ng IELTS

I was recently invited to apply for the VIC subclass 190 visa, which was fast-tracked for my nominated occupation of 241411: Secondary School Teacher. However, now that I am applying for the visa, I have realized that I claimed points for my 5-year experience as a class teacher (241213: Primary School Teacher), which is not a closely related occupation.

I am considering withdrawing my ROI and submitting a new one under a new EOI in the hope of receiving another invitation, as teachers are a priority occupation in Victoria. Is it possible to receive another invitation once I withdraw my previous nomination?

As I have not yet submitted my visa application, what is the best course of action to proceed with this visa? I do not want this invitation to go to waste.

Can I make up for the 5 points by taking the NAATI exam and simply declaring the changes in my visa application with the same number of points?

My documents related to this experience do not explicitly mention that I worked as a primary teacher; they only vaguely refer to me as a class teacher. Should I take the risk and submit these documents anyway?

I have uploaded my EOI, certificate of employment, and other relevant documents for your reference. Thank you so much.

• admajoremadmajorem Posts: 6Member

@s3g3n said:
    I was recently invited to apply for the VIC subclass 190 visa, which was fast-tracked for my nominated occupation of 241411: Secondary School Teacher. However, now that I am applying for the visa, I have realized that I claimed points for my 5-year experience as a class teacher (241213: Primary School Teacher), which is not a closely related occupation.

I am considering withdrawing my ROI and submitting a new one under a new EOI in the hope of receiving another invitation, as teachers are a priority occupation in Victoria. Is it possible to receive another invitation once I withdraw my previous nomination?

As I have not yet submitted my visa application, what is the best course of action to proceed with this visa? I do not want this invitation to go to waste.

Can I make up for the 5 points by taking the NAATI exam and simply declaring the changes in my visa application with the same number of points?

My documents related to this experience do not explicitly mention that I worked as a primary teacher; they only vaguely refer to me as a class teacher. Should I take the risk and submit these documents anyway?

I have uploaded my EOI, certificate of employment, and other relevant documents for your reference. Thank you so much.

Hello, as far as I know, if you will lodge your visa and some claimed points are not justified it is an automatic refusal po. You should talk to an immigration lawyer for your case. That's just my opinion.

Points: English-10 | Age-30 | Education-15 | Work Experience-10 | Partners English-5
    SC189 - 70pts
    SC190 - 75pts
    SC491 - 85pts

Timeline:
    12/2022: Decided to pursue migration.
    01/2023: Researched skilled migration in AU
    03/04/2023: Got married
    03/12/2023: IELTS | Listening 8.5, Reading 9.0, Writing 7.5, Speaking 8.0
    03/12/2023: Partner IELTS | Competent
    03/21/2023: Skills Assessment AITSL
    04/19/2023: Skills Assessment from AITSL - Positive
    04/19/2023: Skilled Employment Statement Application
    04/19/2023: EOI for VIC190-65pts | NSW190-65pts | WA491-75pts
    04/26/2023: AITSL SES Outcome - Positive
    04/26/2023: EOI for SC189-70pts
    04/26/2023: Updated EOI VIC190-75pts | NSW190-75pts | WA491-85pts
    05/02/2023: Pre-invite from VIC SC190-75pts
    05/02/2023: Withdrawn NSW SC190
    05/02/2023: Application for nomination VIC SC190-75pts
    05/04/2023: VIC 190 Nomination Approved
    05/16/2023: VISA LOGDEMENT
    05/22/2023: Medicals
    05/26/2023: Medical Cleared
    09/27/2023: VISA GRANTED

@admajorem said:

@s3g3n said:

Hello, as far as I know, if you will lodge your visa and some claimed points are not justified it is an automatic refusal po. You should talk to an immigration lawyer for your case. That's just my opinion.

Have you consulted po? Please I badly need a good agent.

kflapena
  • jbernardojbernardo Posts: 15Member

@caienri said:
    @itcma
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, hnd maiiwasan ang IELTS even after studying here. Sayang talaga. I suggest to focus sa pag aaral for IELTS. Take courses or kahit diy until you get band 8.

Hi, pede bang mag pa accredite si Wife sa NSW pag meron na siyang provisional license sa Victoria? Thanks

• kflapenakflapena Posts: 2Member

Hello po, sa assessment po ng AITSL criterion 2: English language proficiency, nakalagay po doon na may 2 options para ma assess yung English proficiency mo, either...

Option 1
    Completion of at least four full years of study (or part-time equivalent) in higher education (university)
    in Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
    of America resulting in qualification/s comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor
    degree (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7) or HIGHER. This study must include a recognised
    initial teacher education qualification.
    Or
    Option 2
    An Academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test Report
    Form (TRF) that shows a score of at least 7.0 for both Reading and Writing; and a score of at least
    8.0 for both Speaking and Listening. The IELTS test scores must appear on a single IELTS TRF and
    be the result of a single test undertaken during the 24 month period prior to submitting an application.

Ang tanong ko po, considered po ba yung master of teaching sa option 1 kahit 2.5 years lang yung study since sa Australian Qualification Framework Level 9 ang master degree or need po na bachelor's na 4 years tlga? Salamat po.

@kflapena said:
    Hello po, sa assessment po ng AITSL criterion 2: English language proficiency, nakalagay po doon na may 2 options para ma assess yung English proficiency mo, either...

Option 1
    Completion of at least four full years of study (or part-time equivalent) in higher education (university)
    in Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
    of America resulting in qualification/s comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor
    degree (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7) or HIGHER. This study must include a recognised
    initial teacher education qualification.
    Or
    Option 2
    An Academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test Report
    Form (TRF) that shows a score of at least 7.0 for both Reading and Writing; and a score of at least
    8.0 for both Speaking and Listening. The IELTS test scores must appear on a single IELTS TRF and
    be the result of a single test undertaken during the 24 month period prior to submitting an application.

Ang tanong ko po, considered po ba yung master of teaching sa option 1 kahit 2.5 years lang yung study since sa Australian Qualification Framework Level 9 ang master degree or need po na bachelor's na 4 years tlga? Salamat po.

Better reach out po sa AITSL ma'am. Sa AU niyo po ba tinake?

• rdgyaprdgyap Posts: 1Member

Hello, first post after silent reading..
    Here is my situation- currently onshore, 600 to 500, Bachelor of Social Work.

The thing is, I already have a degree. I completed Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Math
    from De La Salle Lipa in 08. I worked as elementary teacher 08-09, secondary school teacher 09-12, and a job unrelated to teaching from 12-23.

Ang plano ko ay
    1. mag-aral ng social work simula July (as fall back plan)
    2. kumuha ng IELTS (I got perfect scores 90 PTE-A kaso mas mahirap daw ang IELTS)
    3. kumuha ng certification ng evidence of supervised teaching
    4. mag-pa assess sa AITSL as secondary school teacher

What are my odds of getting a positive skill assessment now that my teaching experience has lapsed that long? If ever I get a positive skill assessment, will the next steps to get PR be easy?

TIA

• jluretajlureta Posts: 28Member

Hi, I would like to ask questions in behalf of my partner. My partner has a PH bachelor's degree in secondary education but her work experience is 3 years in early childhood and special education.
    She is planning to get assessed by AITSL.
    What occupation would have a better chance of having a positive outcome? Secondary school teacher or early childhood teacher?
    We're leaning more towards secondary school teacher but would it be sufficient to have a positive outcome even if she has no work experience in secondary school?

• dca123dca123 Posts: 44Member

@caienri said:
    @itcma
    Hi,

Hi po, IELTS lang po ba ang applicable for AITSL assessment? hindi po applicable ang PTE? Thanks po!

• teachergeneteachergene Posts: 5Member

Hello everyone, I'm confused if my degree and experience can qualify for ACS Assessment. May nakita kasi ako dun sa Skill Occupation List about Computer Technician. However, may nakita din akong Secondary School Teacher and in-charge for that is AITSL. Ang worry ko kay AITSL, dapat full bachelor's degree in Education, kaya tingin ko di pasok sa kanya, kasi Teacher Certificate Program lang baon ko... Baka meron po akong kapareho ng situation, ano po naging move po ninyo?

Undergrad: BS in Industrial Technology major in Computer Technology
    Additional: Teacher Certificate Program

Experience: 2 years as Computer Technician
    Experience: 8 years as ICT Teacher (all related to computer technology)

• cjpsyche007cjpsyche007 Posts: 54Member

Hi everyone, what"s the most effective/efficient method/way that you have done to get 8 in Speaking?

Any suggestions po will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

26 Feb 2021 PTE Result L-80 R-84 W-77 S-90 Overall-84
    04 Sept 2021 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8 W-7.5 S-7 OBS 7.5
    07 Aug 2022 IELTS Result L-9 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-8
    31 Dec 2022 IELTS Result L-7.5 R-8.5 W-6.5 S-7.5 OBS-7.5
    27 Aug 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-7.5 OBS-7.5

15 Oct 2023 IELTS Result L-8.5 R-7 W-7 S-8 OBS-7.5
    08 Jan 2024 PTE Result L-87 R-90 W-90 S-87 Overall-88

• crankygrinchcrankygrinch Posts: 197Member

Anong ielts test ang kelangan pag sa assessment? Academic or general?

@crankygrinch said:
    Anong ielts test ang kelangan pag sa assessment? Academic or general?

Ok na pla. Nakita ko na sagot hehe

My sister wants to apply here as PR. She's an early childhood teacher and with at least 10 yrs experience. We're reading the aitsl skills assessment requirements. Meron dito Evidence of supervised teaching practice. Umm ano po ito? Anong klaseng evidence need nila?

Hi, I'm currently applying po for aitsl skills assessment. May tanong lang po ako..
    Ano po ba yung isasagot dun sa YEAR AWARDED? kasi may YEAR COMPLETED din po. Same answer lang po ba ilalagay sa dalawang tanong na iyan? kasi year completed ko po is 2014. Ano po yung year awarded? 2014 din po ba? btw, 2008 ako nagstart mag aral sa kolehiyo.

• boaboaboaboa Posts: 4Member

Hello po, anyone here po na nag diy lang sa pag process ng kanilang visa, kamusta po? Or is it better if mag agency nalang? Thank you po

• MLBSMLBS Manila

@boaboa said:
    Hello po, anyone here po na nag diy lang sa pag process ng kanilang visa, kamusta po? Or is it better if mag agency nalang? Thank you po

Agencies will streamline your application, but hindi sila miracle worker na kayang bigyan ng PR visa ang kahit sino. You can easily check your eligibility yourself and what requirements would be. Check mo visa 190, 189 and 491 for starters

233411 Electronics Engineer (Age-30, Educ-15,English proficiency-20, NAATI - 5, Single, - 10 Relative sponsorship - 15)
    95 pts total
    2017*****
    June 3, 2017 = Graduated from College
    July 8, 2017 = Took IELTS GT
    July 21, 2017 = received IELTS results (LRWS = 8/9/7.5/7)
    August 11, 2017 = Lodged EA assessment (Fast track)
    September 6, 2017 = Received positive EA assessment, lodged EOI (489 Family sponsored - 60 pts)
    September 21, 2017 = Took PTE exam
    September 22, 2017 = Received PTE results (LRSW- 90/90/90/90), lodged 189 EOI (60 pts), updated 489 FS EOI (70 pts)
    September 26, 2017 = Lodged 190 EOI (NSW) 65 pts
    2018*****
    1 year wait... still no EOI invite. Decided to pursue student visa instead

Course: Cert IV and Diploma - Work Health and Safety (DNA Kingston)

October 15, 2018 = offer letter from school
    November 8, 2018 = Medical exam (St. Lukes)
    November 20, 2018 = Paid for tuition
    Novemeber 28, 2018 = Received COE
    December 2, 2018 = Lodged visa, after 1 min, granted!
    2019*****
    Feb 4 2019 = arrived to Perth
    2020*****
    Jan 2020 = Age increased to 30 pts
    Jan 20 2020 = Took NAATI
    Jan 26 2020 = Results for NAATI (passed) +5 pts
    Jan 27 2020 = lodged EOI 491 Family
    Feb 10 2020 = invited finally!
    Oct 8 2020 = 491 granted
    Oct 8 2023 = 191 Lodged
    Oct 30 2023 = 191 granted

• boaboaboaboa Posts: 4Member

Yes, I am actually thinking na mag diy nalang since hindi naman complicated yung case ko po. I am planning on applying for visa 189. Thank you po sa reply

• flancheesecakeflancheesecake Posts: 13Member

@cjpsyche007 said:
    Hi, I'm currently applying po for aitsl skills assessment. May tanong lang po ako..
    Ano po ba yung isasagot dun sa YEAR AWARDED? kasi may YEAR COMPLETED din po. Same answer lang po ba ilalagay sa dalawang tanong na iyan? kasi year completed ko po is 2014. Ano po yung year awarded? 2014 din po ba? btw, 2008 ako nagstart mag aral sa kolehiyo.

Hello, in my case, same year po nilagay ko kung kelan ako gmraduate. Have you gotten your AITSL result yet? Thanks.

cjpsyche007

@flancheesecake said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

Hello, in my case, same year po nilagay ko kung kelan ako gmraduate. Have you gotten your AITSL result yet? Thanks.

@flancheesecake said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

wala pa po, waiting pa rin.

@crankygrinch said:
    My sister wants to apply here as PR. She's an early childhood teacher and with at least 10 yrs experience. We're reading the aitsl skills assessment requirements. Meron dito Evidence of supervised teaching practice. Umm ano po ito? Anong klaseng evidence need nila?

Hello! Yan po yung practicum niya nung college student pa po siya. Pwede to i-request sa registrar or sa dean’s office. Btw, early childhood degree rin po ba siya? Thanks! :)

crankygrinch

@flancheesecake said:

@crankygrinch said:

Hello! Yan po yung practicum niya nung college student pa po siya. Pwede to i-request sa registrar or sa dean’s office. Btw, early childhood degree rin po ba siya? Thanks! :)

Yes po :) early childhood education sa UST

@crankygrinch said:

@flancheesecake said:

@crankygrinch said:

Yes po :) early childhood education sa UST

oh wow, same! :)

crankygrinch

@cjpsyche007 said:

@flancheesecake said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

@flancheesecake said:

@cjpsyche007 said:

wala pa po, waiting pa rin.

i see. magkabatch po tayo sa pag process hehe. kakareceive ko lang nung aitsl ko last 1st week of january

• Pandabelle0405Pandabelle0405 Singapore

Hello hingi po ako advice po for my sister na mag aaply
    20yrs exp po in teaching
    Let passer
    Filipino teacher..
    possible po ba mka apply po salamat po.

mathilde9
  • getgetaugetgetau Posts: 37Member

@Pandabelle0405 said:
    Hello hingi po ako advice po for my sister na mag aaply
    20yrs exp po in teaching
    Let passer
    Filipino teacher..
    possible po ba mka apply po salamat po.

pag below 45 yo, bachelor’s degree in education holder with 45 days of supervised teaching/ practicum and IELTS 8778 (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking) at makaka at least 65 points then possible po sa general skilled migration 😊