Ad space available
reach us at [email protected].
Major update has been completed. Please help to report any abnormality that you are facing (in case there is any) to [email protected] . Thank you for your continued support guys!

Speech Language Pathologist?

AbigailAbigail Santa BarbaraPosts: 2Member
Hello! How is everyone?

I'm currently studying Physical Therapy and I'm about to enter my second year. But before I do that, I was thinking about shifting into BS Speech Language Pathology next year. But I'm not entirely sure yet if it's a good idea. I've weighed the pros-and-cons, and I feel like SLP would be a better choice because the annual wage is higher, it's in a demand in the SOL, I would have 3 years of University instead of PT's 4 years and there aren't as many SLPs in Australia.

Speech Language Pathology Annual Salary
Physical Therapy Annual Salary

But for PT, I've checked the wages, the difference isn't that much compared to SLP. In terms of Pro-and-cons, I feel like PT pays slightly more than SLP (roughly $1-$2 more) but it's one more extra year and I'd still have to get two years more in experience after graduation.

Soooo basically, I was just wondering a few questions...
1. Is it a good idea to shift to SLP?
2. In Australia, would it be easy to get a job in SLP with my Bachelor's degree alone? Or would I have to take a Master's Degree?
3. Do you know anyone in this job who would can give me advice on this?

I'm sorry for typing so much but I'm just so confused with this since this is regarding my future.

I really hope you can help me! This would mean a lot to me!

Maraming Salamat po!